Automobilista 2 V1.4.6.1 Officially Released - Now Updated to V1.4.6.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Whilst it's long overdue it's not going to make me reinstall it...

I need more variety in my life...

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't remember when I was last hyped/enthousiastic for a game or a patch or a mod. Hmm, after 26 years of gaming nothing can hype me anymore. I am happy with AMS 2, tho. So much to play, so much to race. Not only GT3, GT4, GT1, etc. Yesterday I had incredible fun with Copa Uno's and the Group A. Holymoly the fact nobody can literally drive the Copa Uno is outstanding and yet people always looking forward to new content, hehe. Oh the game I hyped the most was probably Half Life 2 or Counter Strike Source. Normal gaming has become so stale since it became mainstream, so around 2009-2011ish. So fay my Ted-talk. hehe

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Whats with the Copa Uno? Do people struggle with that?

For me it was TLOU on PC and it lived up to my hype....well other than the stupid woke crap at the end!

4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The final game that i was excited for and super disappointed was Mercenaries 2, back in 2008. Ever since then i avoid all hype and if anyone is telling me hype i shut it down right away. No game will ever be the second coming of Jesus, people should be having reasonable expectations, then it is only possible to be surprised or if it will turn out bad then just go "eh whatever" and move on to something else.

The reason gaming became stale is because AAA publishers are releasing mostly the same "mainstream" stuff with nothing really unique. Nothing wrong about enjoying comfort games but you rarely ever see anything unique. Indie games is where the best new things usually are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

.delete, no longer relevant

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I can't help myself to this day...

But I don't go in expecting perfect execution... Even if it was a game about the 2nd coming of Jesus... lol

The last time I expected a great experience first time out of the box was when I was only on consoles... Back when Oblivion came out... And even then that was tempered after my experiences with Morrowind... The Elder Scrolls series is amazing but also teaches patience with all it's bugs... Sure you can mod the bugs out and the developer usually got to fixing them, but the developers are still making Skyrim better a decade later...

The last 10 years has really taught me to appreciate the slow burn approach... Similar to what we see here... Aside from the landslide that was 1.4 there's been slow growth with some nice additions... But there's a lot of potential under the hood... Sure it can go wrong, like it has on a few occasions with rF2... But in most cases we can see steady improvements across the board in sim racing being the best approach, even from titles running on code designed over 2 decades ago...

In comparison the F1 series shines through as a great reason not to go down the quick output route... As even though they are mainly all evolutions of the same game they are all about the quick sales and if they miss the mark on release day there's a time limit before it's old and unsupported...

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I had fun in that Copa Uno race , too Marius ;-) ^^

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

What happened to the release that was mentioned? It didn't materialise the following week as intended, or the following week - or even the next. It just seems to have been forgotten about. Would be good form to follow up when circumstances interfere with stated intentions. Otherwise it looks kind of shabby.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s true lmao

either way promising times ahead for the sim, and there’s plenty of fun to have on its current state

I’m exited to see what the future reserve to us

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If they fix the ffb for non direct drive wheels maybe I’ll give it a try

all though with the gt3 mod and gt3 cars on rf2 I mostly forget that ACC is installed on my pc

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Generally, yes. It's not the most grippy car, it's FWD, it has a strange cornering that GT3 doesn't have, etc. So people struggle. They slide all over the place, etc etc :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GT3s are boring. The developments they have outlined at Kunos however are quite an interesting list. Apart from how well they will be implemented, they are a big conceptual U-turn compared to earlier basis of ACC physics design. Some of the cornerstones of the assumed "unbeatable realism" have been literally dismantled...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, tried the Time Trial and the thing feels like the front wants to go left when turning right and the rear just wants to get out of the car, horrible. But thats just me, cant enjoy a car that seems to be possessed by the demons of the Goetia.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More demons = more fun (for me). But that doesn't mean I'm very successful with it. :D
    Sometimes I like to take out the Porsche 917/30 in Assetto Corsa and turn the boost up to 100 and see how long I can survive.

• Like Like x 1
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

My first Car in 1992 was a FIAT Uno 75 SX and I really have problem to relate the AMS2 Copa uno in any way to that car. Cornering was definately no the issue in that car. Chassis and suspension where on par with the VW Golf GL of that era and sporting a engien of similar power and torque the car was in the same "league" as the Polo GT amd I had the chance to prove that numerous times vs. Golf, Jetta and Polo.

The minimal weight of just 795 kg made the difference against all that heavier cars with comparable power.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Was your Uno stripped and race prepped?

No one sane would try to race a FWD car set-up in the manner it is for street usage. These cars are "twisted" into a form that they will actually corner when asked. However, since FWD is fundamentally unsuitable for balanced handling, to get them to turn on command means they will also spin like a top if not carefully controlled. That's the fun of driving them, because otherwise who would want to take something like that on a race track? I guess if burning off sets of front tires in a few laps is fun...but for actual racing this is what you have to do.

This is also the fun of the Copa Classics...various cars on the surface unsuitable for racing yet lovingly modded into mini race cars that are often a ton of fun to race on club-scale tracks. The slick tires on the Copa Classics make a huge difference on such light vehciles.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

People really need to put down GT3 and start with old skool no assist driving, so much more rewarding hey.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. 2ndLastJedi

Try the 935 and Yellowbird, they are my favourite cars in AC, I just wish AMS2 got more big boost old cars. I've even put the 935 motor into the 74 RSR for some more fun. AC is really something.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TomLehockySVK

Or they could just drive whateverthehell they feel like driving. And i am speaking as someone who doesn't drive GT3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

Woke crap I am referring to is sexualising 13 yr old girls, I'm sure I have a good argument against that. Nothing interesting in that and should be an easy topic for people to agree on, but clearly some people are degenerate.

As its off topic, let's talk about how good the coming update will be and have a guess at when it will come?

• Agree Agree x 3