Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Viking loop?

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So about the GT Classics cars

Both cars feel very different and slower.

The C3R feels like it's on much harder tires that limits it's cornering and braking preformance. It's not fun to drive right now, but argueably more realistic for a Big Block Vette. It went from a battle barge to a small planet.
    The 911 RSR feels like it's down a small amount of horsepower, but otherwise hasn't changed much handling wise. I assume because the Corvette is so much harder to drive now, they can tone down whatever they did to let the RSR keep up in it's other form?

Regardless the racing doesn't get as spread out as quickly. Racing at Monza 71, it took a entire lap before the Corvette that started 4th to overhaul the leading Porsche's

At Nurb 71, the Corvette is just a tool of torture. It feels like your trying to slow down a 140mph bus by holding the door open.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Yes!

At last, AMS2 goes open world :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Adam-80UK

Adam-80UK Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Checking patch notes regarding water spray clipping through cockpit... Aw, still no mention of it :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Both C3's require a very "aggressive" driving style. The fastest way to drive it is with a generous amount of slip, the biggest limiting factor is the horrendous, period correct brakes. Both of them got buffed at some point, especially the R since the RSR used to outrun it at most circuits previously.

6. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sneak peak of the adrenaline pack?
    20230422212022_1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The stock car 2023 is fantastic - thought I would take it around the full 71 Nurburgring - scary but fun. A pretty good upgrade on the 2022

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem. How did you fix it?
    Presume it's mod related?

Edit1 - it's a bit wierd, because I'm showing as running version 1.4.7.0.2277AVX, but none of the content or changes in the patch seem to be there:
    • No historic Nurbs,
    • No Stock Car 2023
    • Low riding F-Vintage Gen2 is not fixed.
    If anyone can help, that would be appreciated. :)

Edit2 - All fixed, and some helpful comments by others below.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  9. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup.. It's on my list too. Same for the metal spark bug in VR. And of course the texture flickering in VR. We all have "our buglist" of AMS2 of bugs that we ho pe to get fixed some day. The problem is that we don't know IF these issues are on their agenda to fix or not... Since I've never seen official statements about them.

But on the positive side we got some small fixes in MP:
    - Fixed an issue that could lead to a crash if an unknown class was encountered in lobby list
    - Full servers are no longer hidden in Multiplayer lobby
    - Fixed track cut detection not working on some terrains (like the green area on the final chicane of Montreal)

Also 3 not unimportant bugfixes from my list. (together with of course the completion of the Nürburgring DLC pack: Historic 1971) Let's hope that this leads to more stability. Let's also hope that it will also be possible to join until the last minute before race starts in MP; instead of 5-6 minutes before the quali ends.. And of course the announced "automatic continue" after the practice/quali instead of that the host has to click on "continue" is a mandatory MP improvement.

And as with almost every Reize release: a nice free surprise! In this case the 2023 Stock car, excited to drive that too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For me its all the pop in in VR like brake marker boards and track sponsor flags around the tracks. Even on track detail ultra they pop in distractingly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree, that's also one that's on my list, I didn't name all of them.. Even with Ultra track details(which I use) they pop in indeed, it's always distracting me too.

The same for the "new" / latest 3D person models on the side of the road(the model standing with the camera etc. that were introduced since the historical SPA release):

In VR the body of the 3d person first shows HALF at ~400 meters away(only the legs are visible), and when you drive closer to about ~200-300 meters away you see the full body but without the head, and then you drive even closer: THEN you finally see the full 3d model. That kind of pop-in is really distracting me too.

These new 3d model issues could be found mostly in the new historic track pack (I see it every time in the CASCAIS 1988, JEREZ 1988, BATHURST 1983 tracks). Why is this done? I don't understand it, especially why it's not fixed after the report in the bug report thread.. It's clearly not impossible to fix, since it's LoD or the models could be replaced by sprites, since they don't have such issues.

I hope that all new "features" get tested and fixed before release in VR in the future too. Because the metal sparks are also introduced without proper testing in VR and don't get corrected afterwards, it seems that ALL testing only gets done in 2D/on flatscreens. But a large audience of AMS2 don't use screens at all...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Im having the same issue! I can run the new track in the beta but not in the main RC, its showing 1.4.7.xxx but the track and cars aren't there.
    Something to do with mod boot files i think.

13. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Found nice spots to watch the races
    bb81fccc-d826-47cd-87f3-caf986a81ef5.jpeg e6e38f57-b8c3-4bda-a276-03b69f7601c1.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 24
    • Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2023.04.22 - 16.29.13.25.jpg :D:D:D:D

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. 2ndLastJedi

Mikk, how did you get the RC to run the new track? Do you run with boot files and mods? Do i need to deactivate all mods? How does it work?

16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

So this dropped mid race around the streets of Monaco... My concentration went out the window...

Post race I downloaded and went straight to the Gemaststreke...

So much joy around every corner, so much detail away from the track...

I had this song stuck in my head after 20 minutes with the Brabham formula vintage... (NSFW)

After 3 hours of joy I forced myself to bed after seeing the sun rise... With that song still in my head...

17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Mine's fixed after a bit of tinkering with uninstalling / reinstalling the RC, disabling boot files and verifying game files. I have no idea what the actual fix was however... :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Or Ragnarok

• Like Like x 1
  19. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Of course the recent bootfile isn't compatible with the release candidate as it doesn't contain information about the new content. Simply disabling all mods then verifying game files in Steam does the trick (or as been suggested previously, disabling all mods before updating AMS2).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I disabled the boot files before installing the RC and didn't have a problem. On the project cars mod site or possibly the downloaded jsme exe file it is clearly indicated that you should set steam to update this game when I Iaunch it so that you don't start the game when the bootfiles aren't the correct version. We will have to wait for a new set of bootfiles prior to using mods again for the new version. Either that or stay with the old and not explore Nords 71! :(

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2