Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you guys manage to fix those issues is there a small little chance to at least on some few tracks that could take more than 32 cars in real life receive an update to have more? Maybe also a spa endurance layout, Nurburgring 24 layout and Daytona to allow it?

I apologize por pressing on the same key again but is a bit odd to race multiclass with only 32 cars on Daytona when in real life there’s like 60 cars going around that track. And I understand it’s not a priority neither do I want to pressure you guys for it but maybe in one or two years if the game is on a solid state, is there a chance of a grid increase at least on some tracks?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How about implementing that as an "experimental feature, use at your own risk"

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I'm not a computer genius but I removed all of my mods and the bootfile from AMS2 prior to downloading the RC. Then, I downloaded the update and verified my files. No problem whatsoever with the new content. Maybe this could help you?

4. Dolph

Any chance the track modelling team can be expanded to produce more tracks and as production of that team can be turned into DLC dollars!?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't that what we have now effectively?

6. Dolph

If you know how to turn it on. I don't. I bet 99,999% of people do not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

We do not have an easy way of enabling it right now. Just the use of Cheat Engine is something i am very much against because many online games flag it as a false positive and it could get you banned online, so i do not want to risk having that in my PC.

There should honestly be a "use at your own risk" option to have 60 cars on track. Many people on youtube already showed it is working and the "worst" thing about it is cars clipping through each other in the pits. I can totally live with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After we get over the hump with these 2 and track pack 6 you won't have to worry about it any more because that will be the end of the season pass stuff.

That being said, I'm kinda hoping ya'll produce a Drive to Survive documentary of what sort of Chaos is going on behind the scenes, because I'm just seeing a family sitcom of artists vs programers, screaming and yelling and throwing stuff only to somehow make masterpeice after masterpeice and no one understands how or why...

I know in truth it's a bunch of logical, extremely hard work. But I think my story is more funny....

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

IMHO, the road-spec Corvette C3 is notably better to drive--very predictable and fun to sling around a track like Guaporé, for example. The BMW 2002, which I thought was already better than the C3, is also improved. Thank you for the additional refinements!

The Porsche 911 RSR 3.0 & Corvette C3.R. are also better than before, certainly, but continue to demonstrate an overly "rubbery" and dampened steering feel at times, at least with the Default and Default+ profiles provided by Reiza when using their recommended settings.

Overall, in my experience at least, AMS2 is generating a very consistent FFB experience in its default state. The vast majority of cars feel right and drive very much like other sims with similar vehicles.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

After I got my setups rebuilt for the C3R I'm liking it a lot. Had to loosen some stuff up to encourage weight transfer and turn in, but after I did that, it's back to how it used to be for me.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, softening the front and moving the brake bias rearward livened up the car IMHO. It's good fun around the Südschleife, especially the terrifying esses up the hill.

• Like Like x 2
  12. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

:D

13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah give players like a warning every time you use more than 31 cars that you might experience some issues just like ACC warns about the cpu usage is you go plus 30 AI

That woulda been great but like I said no pressure on reiza though

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the clarity and I am completely fine with moving schedules so long as we're kept on the loop. Updates like this with current ETAs are perfect, just let us know if they don't look possible and we all readjust. The only times I've really seen murmurings of discontent are when there's no communication of time or an expected one has passed/arrived with no announcement of delay.

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Spot on

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. MrX

MrX Active Member

Finally found some time to ride the Nurburgring Historic. I'm very impressed!! Since it is still in Beta.. here are some comments and hopefully this can still be done.
    the layout feels a bit flat.. when I look at images or see pictures some cars really come off the asphalt, for example Pflanzgarten.. never driven in real life at that time. but I think it's a bit bumpy.. not as bumpy as the 60's but still bumpy.

17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Whoa, those Hankook tires on the 2023 Stock Car are fun!* I raced the 2022 on the Pirellis and the 2023 on the Hankooks back-to-back at Guaporé (identical, default setups) … the 2022 felt like a Sunday afternoon cruiser, while the 2023 was a much more lively drive. Great stuff.

* Actually, according to Renato, the 2022 and 2023 Stock Cars are identical in terms of physics within AMS2. Any tire-cooking fun on my part was simply the result of changes in driving style rather than any work on Reiza's part.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  18. MrX

MrX Active Member

At the Breidscheid bridge towards Ex Mule.. I miss the cut down trees.. where many race fans could always be found

Bridge Breidscheid.jpg bridge breidscheid (2).jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. MrX

MrX Active Member

hopefully there will be some real 70's tents.. there were hundreds lined the track on a race weekend, and german cars

1971 klostertal.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. MrX

MrX Active Member

the trees in the Brunchen sector start much earlier..

1976_brunchen 2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1