Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

if it was Renato wouldn't start a thread asking what changes AMS 2 need to improve modding

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Pandytim99

If you look on the preview image of the 2022 cars and the 2023 cars you'll notice

3. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Notice what? That they are different or the same?

4. Pandytim99

yo'll notice that the 2022 cars have pirelli tires and that the 2023 cars have the hankook tires

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And the picture is 100% proof that the tire itself is different? It can't just be a skin?

6. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Initially, there were two notable differences between 2022 and 2023 Stock Car Pro Series vehicles:

1) The Hankook tires have higher sidewalls compared to the Pirelli. These are modeled visually (no physics changes yet, per Renato) within AMS2; just look at the wheels....

2) To complement the wheel/tire dimension changes, the 2023 cars initially adopted a rear wing with increased downforce, similar to that used in 2019. However, the 2019-spec wing was jettisoned after one race, at Goiânia, and the 2020-2022 wing returned for Interlagos.

Consequently, barring any further aero changes on the part of Vicar, the only difference between 2022 and 2023 is the Hankook tires.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Pandytim99

Ah now i get what you said, i believe someone checked the in game files and indeed they changed here in this thread

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. john Ellis

According to Renato, the 2022 and 2023 cars are identical (for now) in terms of physics, regardless of the visual tire/wheel differences between the Pirelli ('22) and Hankook ('23) shod vehicles.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

How does that change the driving feeling

10. Pandytim99

I imagine not a massive change, cars should feel the same

in my short one lap driving i did in one i didn't noticed much but id have to test more and make a direct comparison with the 2022 model to give ya a better feedback

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great isn't it? Life was maybe a bit more boring. At home you had not a lot to do, so people went out so see and experience things. This and Group B were thrilling for them. Imagine how it was back then.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. john Ellis

You're right; Renato confirmed the cars are currently identical physics-wise, within AMS2. To make the 2023 accurate to the recent rule changes in the series, Reiza will have to account for the following:

For the 2020 season, the Stock Car Pro Series regulated a smaller rear wing and removed the rear diffuser to produce less aerodynamic downforce (than the previous, 2019 car, also in AMS2). The 2023 car, in contrast, initially reverted to a 2019-spec wing to complement the effects of utilizing the new, higher-profile tire, but the 2019 wing was dumped after one race at Goiânia. That is, the cars had the 2020-2022 rear wing back on at Interlagos. Vicar, the series organizer, could conceivably make further aero tweaks, but, for now, the only difference in 2023 is the Hankook tires, which are only visually different in AMS2 (for now).

Funny how knowing the 2023 rule changes significantly colored my initial perception of new car in AMS2: I could have sworn I could feel a difference between the '22 and '23 vehicles. After forming those erroneous impresssions, Renato confirmed there were actually no differences, physics-wise, between the cars in the sim (yet) ... and I was instantly and hilariously reminded of the difference between knowledge and wisdom.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

• Refrain from repetitiveness, especially when being asked to stop spamming - there is an official reply: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-v1-4-7-1-nuerburgring-historic-officially-released.30621/page-11#po
    The game asks for the grids to have 32 cars and the track is extremely low in multi-class races, it could increase to 60 AI cars. And just put a warning like in the ACC, if you don't have a good machine, play in 32 if you do, put in 60. I just think that because AMS 2 is far from being an endurance simulator unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Very informative post, thanks, but a bit odd that you had to write it. Are the people implying (or questioning) that there is/would be no difference between the 2023 and earlier SC models not able to see or drive for themselves? We're in the Release Candidate thread...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

No worries mate, let me thus add you to the list of blocked people who's opinions never matter.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I'm devastated.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  17. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

56€ for a 12h ticket is not that expensive, and the Ring is still crowded whenever a NLS race takes place. I usually tend to visit the NLS 8 in September, when its not that hot anymore.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ilka

ilka Moderator

In 71 the track was still looking mostly like construction site, with bare ground and sandy cliffs, with no grass on them yet. In the spring season there is actually bare ground around the roads somewhat resembling that state, but at other seasons there is more "traditional" look, but the sandy cliffs are still there. I don't want to make track look super barren for all the seasons, but still want to keep part of it's character.

Regarding Bredischeid. i was considering that, but always other things to worry about in this track, plus i didnt like how it would look. But since there is a demand, i quickly went ahead and did it, think that'll do.

ss123808.jpg

Trees at Brunnchen done too.

Tents and vehicles, coming in the new version altho not at that density, as it'll seriously damage frame time which is already quite an issue due this enormous track size. Some lodding issues to be expected first, but will be ironed out.
    schwalbenschwanz1.jpg

• Winner x 26
    • Like x 21
    • Friendly x 5
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 1
  19. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

I thought Stock Car 2023 was just a new set of liveries. I didn't know that they would behave differently because there was a new tire brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MrX

MrX Active Member

it looks good Ilka! And I understand the thing about the early lunar landscape because this happened during the renovation. Hope somewhere that you can do something about different flower colors along the track, it gives the track a bit more color, but maybe this will also make the frame deader.

What I looked for this morning but couldn't find, do you know that from 1971? had the bridge at Swalbenschwanz disappeared forever?

And the bridge over the road after karussel towards Hoheacht.. this bridge was there in different periods.

Nice to see what you've made!

• Like Like x 2