Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

i'm a little bit disappointed. The nostalgic old route has a nice environment but in my opinion the street is much poorer in detail than the modern current one. It looks very generic to me. Outside of the highs and lows, it seems somehow mirror-smooth. I can't imagine that much will change here after the beta. Maybe that's causal, because you can implement significantly better values through laser scanning and so. Nevertheless, thank you

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We’ll look like the Porsche 911 gt1 damage bug is back

it’s almost impossible to loose the hood
    The other gt1s are fine I guess

3. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmm, i wonder if it was the old overclock timing bug?

4. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

idk what it is but my cpu gpu are not tuned.

5. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

with that background music I was expecting Darth Vader to make an appearance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

McLaren MP4/6 (Part of F_Classic Gen 4) has no driver in cockpit when using custom livery in combination with the low downforce model (in use on tracks like Hockenheim Historic).
    No problem with the standard car model.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

I don't like AI in Ams 2. I liked a lot AI in AMS 1. In my opinion there are two problem specially in minor categories:
    1) AI cars stick in groups of two cars similar project cars 2 game
    2) the first car is slow and is followed by many cars, 3-4 attached to the first.

I use custom AI files with distant values to try to reduce the two problems: 90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40... but the two problems remain.

8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the AI was modeled after Jarno Trulli.

• Funny Funny x 10
  9. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Some more problems:
    3.) the AI drivers are on rails and if you push against them they are inmovable ibojects and if you hit them only you the player are worse for wear, while they stay unaffected.
    4.) they never accidentally hit you or each other from behind, always slow down just ENOUGH to be almost bump drafting each other or the player

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Actually, with aggression set to max, I got rear-ended twice in a single race and spun. I found them over-aggressive at max level, so in the end I put medium aggression. Since then, everything looks fine on my side to this regards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is Reiza aware of the MP4/12 sound issues?

12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I also race against the AI at medium aggression for similar reasons, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say they don’t have issues … unfortunately, I suspect there are limits on what more can be achieved given the, ahem, unique laws of physics that benefit the AI within the Realm of Madness. Reiza couldn’t make in rain in AMS and they can’t turn the AMS2 AI into GLaDOS.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

100% agree. I realize I might have been mistaken. I meant that since then I had no issues regarding being rear-ended (which I hate), but AI as of now leaves a lot to be desired.
    As an example, AI grip and pace in rain is not as expected (to be polite)...

14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've done some races with the Stock Car 2023 against the AI, and had to back down the aggression because they were going to some extreme when overtaking, having no regards in hitting my rear quarters by overlapping too much and at moments when they shouldn't. So set it on medium.

Another thing that surprised me, is that I got trampled by them on the first two laps, then we got going at a steady pace and could gain places back. Which leads me to believe that AI is relative faster when on cold tyres. I wonder if this somehow relates to rain, when you are running at colder rubber temperatures all the time, maybe that offsets us against the AI too much?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've reported it a couple of times. They started for me and my friends in multiplayer with the August updates. No reaction from the devs on this, though.

16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually think that the AI being on a simplified physics model would make it "easier" to code and manipulate them. If Reiza managed to make them seek draft and slow down for the puddles, I see no reason why they cant make them avoid the huge puddles like a player would do.

The main issue for the AI right now in my case is their hesitation to overtake and outbrake each other, and the pack racing. If Reiza manages to fix those 2 main issues it would elevate the AI from good to great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mazdaspeed

They did some revision to the wet tires and in my case in the F-Vintage I am having some great racing with the AI in the rain at 100 to 110% difficulty. Before I had to enable TC to keep up, but now the car feels great without it and have had to increase the difficulty.

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Reinstalled PC2 recently and the AI reacts realistically when getting hit by the player, they are not an inmovable object, they can be properly crashed out. Yes the AI will always have their own physics and logic but it needs to have something in them to stop behaving like indestructible robots. The occasional random mistake element is not enough when they do not react to getting door slammed at all, nor if they do not door slam each other nearly enough either.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yesterday I actually managed to spun a slower class car in AMS2 trying to make a lap in quali, I dont know if it was just luck or some change was made.

20. Mazdaspeed

I remember PC1 being even worse, you would get glued to the car and the AI would be immovable walls when you made contact with them.

I have also been playing PC2 on and off lately and the game also doesnt have the pack racing and AI hesitancy to overtake that AMS2 have, they are much worse in wheel to wheel racing against the player though.

• Agree Agree x 5