Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've put a good amount of hours into AMS2's offline AI racing (1300+ hours) So I've been dealing with the AI for a long time. Everything above is correct but one of the biggest things I dislike is the driving off of the circuit and dragging dirt onto the tarmac (brown lines) when they go side by side and don't pass.

Yes this can be realistic but the issue I have with it is that the AI don't slow down or loose grip when going over the dirt lines on the tarmac. It's like the dirt on the road doesn't even exist to them. On the other hand the player car looses grip (sometimes spins) and gets slowed down by the dirt. At this point if you're driving closely to try and pass the AI they just keep going the same speed while the player car is slowed or slips / spins.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 1
  2. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

LOL ... this week at least, no one has been more mistaken around this forum than yours truly!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Only in cockpit cam, or also externally? (Also which livery pack?)

4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Also, the Opala 86 with custom livery both inside and outside, noticed it yesterday in the release candidate.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't repro for this car, which livery pack was it?

6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Opala Stock Cars 1986 - Nascar Liveries 1.02
    It was a multiclass, cant quite remember but it was 2 more classes custom race at nuburgring 71.
    If later i can reproduce the bug I'll post a bug report.

• Like Like x 2
  7. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I guess they did it on purpose to prevent users from clipping the tail of an AI car causing it to spin and tumble lol. If they allow that, I can pretty much destroy a lot of AI cars while racing. It's fun though...adding fire to the mayhem is a bonus. I did try to hard slam onto the side of an AI car, but I ended up getting spun and not them lol.

8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I will but a GIANT X TO DOUBT on that being the reason. I mean hey why have any realism at all, just make the AI cars indestructible so that the player can never push them on purpose, makes perfect sense ! Sarcasm over.

Now, i am hoping that the devs will realize what an immersion breaking thing it is for the AI to be indestructible like that and will add proper interaction between player car and AI, and also AI with other AI because they cannot push each other off track either.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. alfarom

alfarom New Member

Mercedes W125 Onboard
    epic

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While the footage is amazing, I really want someone to run that video through some sort of a magical flickering removal procedure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the Opala 86 ? Photo mode during race.
    20230427183506_1.jpg
    Replay mode:
    20230427183605_1.jpg

12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You know thats not real right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The wait is finally over - Automobilista 2 V1.4.7 has been officially released, and with it our track team´s magnum opus following two years of hard work - the legendary Nürburgring, as it was in 1971, featuring the Südschleife ("South Loop"), Nordschleife ("North Loop") and Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course") in an incredibly detailed and faithful recreation of this glorious race track.

Nürburgring Historic 1971 has been added to the previously released Nürburgring DLC already featuring the modern Nordschleife and Grand Prix layouts - users who already own that DLC or packs that include it are all set to enjoy one of the most thrilling experiences ever created in a racing sim.

Below is the changelog for the latest update, bringing the game to v1.4.7.1:

V1.4.7.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed occasional CTD when viewing cars from trackside camera
    • Helmet liveries from specific drivers are now excluded from the random pool of helmets for other drivers that don't have one assigned
    • Fixed an issue where the player driver would use a random helmet livery instead of the assigned one
    • Fixed an issue where the AI drivers would be loaded with the wrong helmet liveries in saved replays, multiplayer and championship mode
    • Championship Editor: Fixed a potential crash when exiting class selection screen and add proper guidance that at least one class must be selected
    • Altered some default values (for G-Wheel) and improved / lowered on center knock that is felt with some cars (g-wheel)

UI & HUD
    • Fixed FR next compound button on Edit Strategy page

AI
    • Copa Truck: Fixed instant engine failure for some AI drivers during standing starts

AUDIO
    • Increased volume for ignition sound effect
    • Wastegate sound is now prevented from playing when RPM's are too low
    • Shortened engine shutdown sound timer; Prevented artificial engine sound volume bump for a more natural sounding startup
    • Mini Cooper: adjusted external sound for player and AI cars, adjusted starter timing and starter sound.
    • Stock Car Pro Series: Fixed incosistent tire sounds for Stock Corolla '21, '22, 23

TRACKS
    • Nürburgring 1971: Completed artwork for release and fixed reported issues
    • Cascais 1988: Fixed LOD on animated 3D crowds

VEHICLES
    • F-Vintage Gen2: Corrected tachometer orientation
    • McLaren MP4/5B: Corrected steering wheel position for better cockpit display visibility; Fixed rear wing disappearing at a distance
    • Copa Montana: Fixed windscreen wiper texture issue

• Winner Winner x 49
    • Like Like x 17
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Xamantu

Xamantu Member

This is an Assetto Corsa video. The guy just added this filter over it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have seen quite a few AI vs AI crashes with both cars off road. A bigger issue is that they dont suffer much aero or suspension damage and can go full pelt with pretty damaged cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Makes sense, except for the part where they voluntarily used that specific filter. :p

17. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Edit: I was wrong, it was patched.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did the 911 Gt1 hood damage got fixed?

19. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So I have a few things to note. One is that both of those problems have a root cause which is that the AI has a hard time overtaking, something all sims struggle with (I'll elaborate later). In actual races at tracks where it's difficult to overtake you see the same "one guy slowing down 2 - 4 other cars" thing. Now why are the AI in AMS2 hesitant to overtake? Probably because it causes less chaos this way, collision avoidance and crash recovery in AMS 2 isn't that good, so when one guy spins or gets stuck on track everyone piles into them. You'd see a lot more silly moves that no human would do which could lead to the AI running into you more than they do already. That doesn't mean there is no problem, just that it's a difficult egg to crack.

The other thing I wanted to note is that even the "gold standard" has massive problems with ai getting stuck behind slower cars. Yes that's right folks, Iracing (on road courses) has this problem! The most profitable, and most popular sim with neural network AI which the cutting edge of technology has this problem. When it comes to watching the AI race it isn't night and day. ofc it's different, and I do feel it's a bit more realistic looking in Iracing which is to be expected especially considering they can basically do whatever they want with the engine. Just because it looks more realistic doesn't mean the problem isn't still very evident. Iracing's road course AI is better than AMS 2's and Reiza should strive to do better, but even the modern sim with the best AI haven't been able to fix one of your points.

Am I saying Reiza should stop trying to improve? No, not at all. Am I saying that we shouldn't criticize or that you have to like AMS 2? No. What I'm saying is that there are larger reasons why those problems are here, and that one of your reasons is very evident in every sim I've played, some worse than others but its still immersion breaking and frustrating.

Also remember that I am just adding nuance to your critism I felt like was missing in your post. Despite me agreeing with both of them. This does not mean that you're "not allowed" to criticize just that I think there are certain aspects that makes those problems more understandable as to why they are there.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

They hadn't the technology /camera to film it as you see in the video with rain.Nobody drove in the rain these days.Total fake.1937...ha,ha..;)