Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Nothing really nothing, me being blind and reading it as Automobilista, 2 April instead of Automobilista 2, April....

@Renato Simioni since we are on the topic...
    How much of AMS work was ported to AMS2?
    AMS had some nice features for cars and for cars on track (blue flags, tow to pit, fixed set of tires for each class, clutch and gears working properly specially on misshift, etc etc).

On the other hand thanks for the detailed reply, really interesting and yes, I agree with you about the YTrs being too much harsh with a long time project like AMS2....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

i mean all the improvements sound great, but without any worthwhile multiplayer exp4erience or architecture for others like lfm to take advantage of then this game will always idle in non relevancy.

i'm not saying this to be mean, i'm saying it because it's what you NEED to hear, we all want the best games for sim racing and the meat and potatoes of sim racing is human to human competition, anyone telling you otherwise is just being nice and not truthful

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. SimRacing604

SimRacing604 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Really, Reiza? Thousands of YouTube content creators have generated millions of views for your product only to be lumped under the umbrella of "shallow punditry"?

It's not a good look for a development studio to make wide, insulting statements about the "typical Youtube" channels that support it. Please recognize that we work very hard to maintain our end of this symbiotic relationship.

• Agree x 10
    • Dislike x 3
    • Friendly x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By the way, I also misinterpreted the title. I also assumed the 2nd of April. Only after the 4th time I read I noticed that the 2 belongs to Automobilista

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are over reacting here. The msg is clearly directed at youtubers who have been saying ams2 and pc2 run on same tire physics.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. DaVeX

Not referring to everyone or YTbers community as whole and the statement was generic to avoid to point finger so please don't take it personally. I think would be good if YTbers would recognize they have their faults too specially on putting fires on nonsensical sim wars which often damage devs work and their incomes.

Not everyone of those YTbers take time to inform themselves about what devs released, in which state and why and they just give voice to their subscribers because let's be honest...they prefer for their income have more clicks based on toxicity and war between simracing audience for their income instead of reporting facts as they are.

Btw I think you are one of those which does a great job so as I said don't worry about that sentence, wasn't meant to hit you but only a small part of the YTbers community....

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I think the comment was not about all YT creators but those who are spreading misinformation because they don't spend time researching the subject properly.

As they say, with great audience comes great responsibility, so I'm backing up what Renato said and I'll say that content creators have to ensure they do their due diligence and research before publishing it. Otherwise they'll act like a shallow misinformation spreaders that are actually damaging in their lazy-doings. Nothing more.

The same goes to blogs, news sites etc.

And I'm sure there are plenty of content creators that are doing their job properly, not just maximising the views by being controversial for the sake of being controversial and totally ignoring the reality.

• Agree Agree x 9
  9. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Add to this that the Porsche 911 R GT3 and is a 2015 model. Same as the AMG GT3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. The game was released and it should've been evaluated as a released game. It was Reiza's choice to release the game in that state. The fact it is a long time project should not interfere too much with the evaluation.

Think of any other title released in a alpha/beta state. Idk, Cyberpunk 2077 for example. Was it unfair to evaluate as a terrible release? I don't think so... it was really bugged. Or think of No Man's Sky, high expectations, pretty bland release.

There are hundreds of examples to be picked, why would AMS2 receive special treatment? Just because we like the predecessor and the dev studio, and we know they are capable of delivering a great product in the long term, that is not enough reason to be complacent imho.

Finally, just to make it clear: I don't care about GM, Jimmy Broadbent or any other youtuber for that matter. The only guy who I actually can feel sympathy for is GPLaps, because he does look genuinely a good and chill guy.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 4
  11. WhippyWhip

delete double post

12. Guillermo D. Luque

Guillermo D. Luque New Member

Grest news!!!!

13. WhippyWhip

players are entitled to whatever opinion they like, just because you disagree with it doesn't make it "misinformation", who exactly should be the arbiter of truth? you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. DaVeX

@sgsfabiano I think you misunderstood my point, I am ok reporting issues, problem is when you don't report anything except wrong ideas based on assumptions without studying the subject...

@WhippyWhip no one says someone between us it's entitled, please read carefully next time, fanboys are detrimental as disinformation by YTbers...

I think @stealthradek post is better of mine on explaining this...

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

As I have said, with great audience comes great responsibility.

I don't ask everyone to do a proper research and have their own opinion when talking to friends. If a content creator have literally thousands of followers I simply expect more. Imagine news channels spreading their own opinions without research. Surely that's not a good thing.

I'm happy with people having different opinions, but for example repeating that Madness Engine can't do proper simulations without actually knowing what Madness Engine is even capable of is the type of misinformation I was referring to.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A fair point, and the recent release of Jedi Survivor is a good example. The game looks to be a great game, but story, gameplay, and mechanics are meaningless if it barely runs even on supercomputers. Reviewers are justified in butchering it over it's current state, but it'll probably never get press when it gets fixed.

I know that AMS2 is a bit different given it's more "games as a service/long term development approach," but there's still game breaking bugs 3 years in. Those of us who play it consistently see the progress it's made, but you can't expect a reviewer who hasn't spent hundreds of hours in the past few years to notice the difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, fair enough. I absolutely agree with you then.

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

dw he's not referring to you specifically, he's referring to two other prominent youtubers over the years who have been making disingenious sweeping statements on ams2 like "ams2 is simcade" and "ams2 is just Brazilian PC2", without any supporting evidence or technical data, in an effort to amass views in a clickbaity way, as opposed to quality journalism. This doesnt mean ams2 isnt flawed (I can think of many), but these youtubers chose to attack rather then constructively critique.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes but at least YTers should make their statements true by getting the correct information on what is actually being done by developers and what is actually under the hood and sticking to it without inventing things and following the instructions of the developers. That wasn't (and still isn't) always the case. And that is what Renato is pointing to: there is fair criticism and wholesale, misinformed criticism that will not do the community any favor.
    In other words some did a proper great job others just spent their time piggybacking the developers work to get cheap view without putting any serious effort.
    I'm sure we all agree @SimRacing604 wasn't one of them, but several others were.

• Agree Agree x 11
  20. WhippyWhip

NO

ppl can have whatever opinions they bloody well like and can express them to whom ever they like, just because YOU don't like their opinion doesn't give you the right to think their's should be censored or labelled as "misinformation", you are not the arbiter of truth and so is nobody else, what may be considered false at one time can very easily turn out to be truth in future,

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Like Like x 1