Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You are trying to take offence where none was meant. We all know the two channels.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Ok we understand, you are the arbitrer of truth we get it. Can you chill now?

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It never was about the opinion anybody has, but how it was derived. Having uninformed opinions is never a good thing, even worse if you spread them to thousands of people. I hope we can agree on that?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sadly are more than two :)
    Also I would point that this doesn't happen only with AMS2.
    To be honest with you guys I just unsubscribed to most of them and moved to some small channels which spend more time on doing their job (one of them in a news format I really enjoy for being short and fun).

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Artem Kiriakin

Artem Kiriakin New Member

Freecam is already in the game, press Ctrl + K and control the keys on the Numpad, it works in the same way in repetitions

• Informative Informative x 5
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They can write what they want and then get similarly get criticized for their poor quality work by users and developers. Freedom of speech is a double edge knife

• Agree Agree x 12
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do think though that a lot more explanation of physics is required if Reiza want to convince both technical and non-technical sim racers of ams2's physics. We cant keep sharing this same website over and over. The article on STM died so we need a new resource. The website could be a good place.

• Agree Agree x 9
  8. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Wow, this thread went off track. I waxed lyrical about the Nurburgring in my previous post, so thoughts on the rest of the post.

Sigma P1 - I'm mainly into the game for the vintage content but modern endurance would be my other type of content so glad to see this one.

Catalunya - I'm very surprised that the 6th track wasn't Fuji or Zandvoort as they have most history. Bit disappointed TBH that we got one with no 70s version possible but glad to see that it will be included in the premium track pack. In addition, the committment to continuing to add period tracks is huge for me and I will most likely run some GT1s or Group Cs on the early layouts of this one.

Formula Juniors - I was hoping for more vintage GTs and touring cars from the '70s but this is an add on I'm really looking forward to trying out.

Stock Cars '23 - not my cup of tea but nice to see the partnership continue.

Don't think the GTE was ever a V12; and it's still racing this year as one of the final four (Ferrari, Porsche, Corvette, Aston).

Mixed up with the GT3 that was pictured a while back? That was a very outdated one, would be cool if it's disappeared because it had been swapped for a newer model...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dolph

There's nothing wrong with having cars in the game that are not the most current. Heck, we just had 1971 Nurburgring released. Its not the most recent version of the track.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Turbo Granny

Wait, the GTE Vantage never had a V12? I'm disappointed, but I see now, only the GT3 had a V12.
    I dont quite enjoy the look of the current Vantage GTE and GT3, that big mouth just look wrong. I think Aston fixed it a bit in the newer road models but the GTE and GT3 still have it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Ah,while sitting in an armchair.Ok.Realy hard work.

Edit: Crimson deleted my explanaiton and excuse,so i do it as an edit.It was not to accuse somebody personal.It's just the wording and meanig of "hard work".As we celebrate the day of work(ers) today in germany.

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dolph

I don't think your assessment is fair. Its in fact as idiotic as the ones GM and the other guy are doing. You would be wise to remove it.

Maybe its a good idea to stop the hostilities between people who have no real reason for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

who's the "other guy" anyway?
    i'm not a fan of GM, i tend to think he's a bit clueless really, but i value he's entitled to his opinions as even opinions i disagree with can have valid aspects within it

15. SimRacing604

SimRacing604 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate the kind words, thank you. But with that said, if there are particular, problematic YouTubers that this was directed at, then saying “typical YouTubers” in the post was a poor choice of words.

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great read as always. Thank you for your hard work, historic Nord- and Südschleife are truly a masterpiece.

17. SimRacing604

SimRacing604 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the kind words. This just felt like a blanket statement against YouTubers. Much of my offense, frankly, came from the word “typical”. It should have read “some”, “those”, or “specific” as to not lump all us content creators together

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 6
  18. Turbo Granny

Dont be like that, office work for example is hard and painfull work and its in an armchair ;).
    Work is work and they are working with the thing we all love, even when they are unbearable, wich doesnt seem to be the case with SimRacing604.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fair point but you know better than most as to whom Renato is talking about. Those that only pick of AMS2 after an update, play it for 20 mins and say that it is still crap because it does look or feel like their favorite title. It is disingenuous and lazy.

• Agree Agree x 12
  20. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

to the best in the business! ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1