Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Holy moly! I don't remember exactly how the original intro looked, but the level of love and care that went into recording the footage and editing video is *insane*!

It's also funny that I mistook some of the in-game footage for real footage when I was viewing the small embedded low-res video at first. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza shoud hire you to make some trailers for them

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

And this is related to AMS2 how exactly ?

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am 90% sure I read on one of the dev updates something about damage ending your practice and qualifying sessions. I think it was in the one that introduced the AMDM.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

I am curious how that would be implemented, because as of right now during Practice / Qualifying you can absolutely DESTROY your car but if you click that "Return to pit" button, you get a totally brand new car then and there.

My idea would be - you get any form of damage after your crash, and once you stop and click "return to pits", you get teleported into the pits with the damaged car, not get a brand new one. And you will go through the repair process.

To avoid this being exploited you would only be able to click on "return to pits" during qualifying / practice if your car is going 5 km/h or slower, as there can always be a possibility of the car slowly rolling while you open that menu.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Or they make it so if you have a fully damaged car you can do that

8. TomLehockySVK

Do "that" what thing ? I mentioned many things. Get a new car ? Easy to abuse by just smashing it against the wall to get a replacement. And how much damage is "fully damaged" ? I would say you fully damage your car where your engine blows up then you are done for that session, whether practice or qualifying. Hell make it so that if you damage your car during practice but not fixed in time ? That damage carries over into qualifying. Damaged in qualifying ? Carried over into the race too, or better yet the driver will get a new car but has to start from the pit lane.

9. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

upload_2023-5-4_13-58-50.jpeg
    upload_2023-5-4_13-59-12.jpeg
    upload_2023-5-4_14-0-54.jpeg
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, pretty much what you wrote, it could simply be if you have terminal damage its pretty much over, so session finished and just like a race session you can go to the pits to spectate. If it's not terminal damage you can skip to the pits but then get a repair timer, like it is right now when you pit to fix damage.

11. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

If it was the Race Version. Which its sadly not (yet)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With what I experience in online lobbies, I expect that most AMS2 users will simply disable this feature anyway. I'm gonna make up a statistic on the fly here: 90% of the lobbies have damage disabled.

The picture of the average AMS2 player in my head:
    • disables damage
    • sets fixed setup
    • enables TC/ABS
    • creates extremely short races (up to 7 laps most of the times. If you are lucky, some set to 10)
    • quits the server after the first spin
    I think AMS2 caters to the more casual, hop in & drive, no commitment online player. It is what it is, nothing wrong with that. In fact, I find myself doing exactly the same thing from time to time.

Anyway, I would really like both this feature and the limited tyre sets to be implemented as soon as possible. At least leagues could benefit from that, once (and if) MP gets sorted out.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Look at the interiors. That doesn't look like street to me.. :D

14. Apex

Apex Active Member

@Renato Simioni Can you pls bring back the F-Retro Gen1 V12 North Racing #68? I really need it in all its glory for my all-generic retro races.

I've been a good boy, you know, kind to the elderly and most animals, so I kinda feel it would be in order.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. TomLehockySVK

Features should never be not added based on what the average user does. If we went based on that then why not remove the damage model altogether ? The reasons why all the stuff should be added is for people who organize leagues, and for people who want to race that way against AI too.

Whether someone decides to disable everything, it's their choice. And also screw default setups. At least until we will be able to change steering lock, brake bias and brake pressure i will always want to race with custom setups. Hell even anti-rollbar options should be possible for a chance with default setups.

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

In my experience, 90% of lobbies are interminable practice sessions, like people havenĀ“t figure out there is a single player mode. The other 10% are exactly how you say though and will only run with GT3s or the BMW M1.

17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Does the Brabham have racing slicks? Without slicks, it makes a rather makeshift replacement for the Lamborghini ST, IMO.

Last edited: May 4, 2023
  18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Your list is probably correct.
    Which means as in your conclusion above that most of the AMS2 users years ahead will be such pretty casual ones.
    Hehe thats probably also one of the reasons a lot of people makes a lot of noise to keep the forced sharing of setups in TT.
    And even more official races with fixed/default setups.
    Give us some short no commitment races where we dont have to care about car setups.:whistle:

ByTheWay: As you say nothing wrong with this - but the situation where more focussed and serious drivers use other sims for serious races and serious setup discussions will probably continue.:)

19. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Are you talking about me?

ByTheWay: Moo moo:p

20. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I'd go a step further, especially with all historic content to bring even more realism:

[​IMG]

And once the the screen is shown the game is starting to be uninstalled in the background.

Just don't show this to EA :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1