Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

So that means we shouldn't be allowed to talk about it? Sarcasm aside everyone knows UI is far from the sim's biggest weakness and of low priority, but if we ever want for it to stop being a weakness we've gotta talk about it now or later. Doing it now is realistically not going to delay other more important improvements. It's going to be noted down and worked on when time comes, let people talk.

2. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I appreciate the response (and more importantly the fix!). I had assumed that most that saw my post above would just roll their eyes given how many times I have mentioned it, and that last one was a light hearted one. I love the car, I can't help it. I will make a bug report going forward to keep it more "official" for anything that comes up.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Laulenture

I second @Dicra, it's especially great when you give us insight into the game's inner workings, not something many devs do and it's always fascinating.

4. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In regards to the ui, I like it the way it is. The one thing I do notice though is having to hover and move your mouse around before you can change values in the setup that is annoying.

Otherwise it is my favorite ui in all sims.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah @Renato Simioni op meant the colour of the tyre sidewalls on the formula reiza and formula ultimate gen1 not changing when you go softs to mediums etc, as opposed to the physics of the tyre. Its an aesthetic thing, which works for the formula ultimate gen2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. rmagid1010

I guess the other aesthetic thing both formula ultimates are missing are the flashing rear lights when the ERS is harvesting. It would also require the lights to flash when the ‘rainlight’ is on.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Laulenture

Speaking of Formula Ultimate, I'd still like if the F-Ultimate G2 gets its 3D model updated sometimes in the future, to make it a bit more inspired. Not something pressing of course but maybe when if we get an officially licensed current gen F1 car (AMR23? Since Aston Martin is coming)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Try this F1 ride out instead.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

My thumbs clicked on the wrong icon. Sorry about that. I’ll try to correct my response.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Wouldn’t touch AC with a 10 foot pole

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Laulenture

Same, I don't hate the game but for me AC's FFB has issues that makes stiff cars undrivable, I just cannot feel and thus catch spins. A shame because I love the RSS GT pack but I just don't feel anything when the rear gets loose so I can't do anything about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can’t stand how much you need to do to make it look and feel good. Also need a subscription to get a certain mod so AC looks good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

No worries! As others have mentioned, this apparently happens very easily when using a mobile device. (I wouldn't know as I've never browsed this forum on a phone or tablet.:oops:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love AC, but I agree about the FFB lacking feel with stiffer cars. Also my pedal rumble doesn't work in AC without FanaLab running, but the attention to detail in the RSS and VRC mods is just insane.

AC for vintage touring cars though... Perfection

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I'm really looking forward to getting the pseudo Indy Cars in AMS2 hopefully before the end of June.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. rmagid1010

Unfortunately ams2 has ruined ac for me.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Each racing sim for me, whether its AC, ACC, AMS2, PC2 or rF2 has their own strengths and weaknesses. As someone who's never professionally driven a race car, I can't say which one more closely resembles reality. As the saying goes, "variety is the spice of life". I enjoy them all for different reasons. Personal preference is everyone's right. In that regard thus, there is no real right or wrong program to each person. IMHO

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  18. rmagid1010

All the sims are probably wrong, but I think ams2 has the least wrong things about it. Its not a 1 point kerb-spinning tyre model like ac1. It doesnt have flinstones wheels like acc. It doesnt have a knife-edge peaky tyre model like iracing.

The worst thing in the physics is probably dodgy aero shifts in high downforce cars, caused by issues with underfloor aero physics. It is great that this is being patched as its effects have plagued the indycars since ovals were released. Also the ffb is communicative, and doesnt just feel like a rubber band which pulls back to center.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 9
  19. Shoveit

Shoveit New Member

You can not feel the realness of racing a car in the comfort of your room sitting behind a fake car wheel and pedals going into a few microchips that your pc is. All simulators (not only racing ones) also all the hardware that supports them are interpretation of reality. Each racing sim comes out with its own fake reality which is a trade mark for it and it's always different than every other sim. If all the sims are representing 100% the real world (which is not the case) they all will feel 100% the same (which is again not the case).The one that is most believable to you is the right one for you obviously. It's all about how the dev's interpretation of reality clicks with your brain. Then you play your best fake reality and enjoy it without praising it all over the internet and hate all the rest fake realities because you start to look stupid. All this plus the spoiled choice of racing sims right now is the reason for this toxic fanboyism that is so trendy recently. There are some folks who got so deep into this and so lost in it they are forgetting that in the end they still play a computer game.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 4
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Doubtful this will happen... It's a flavour of F1 in 2022 and is designed to keep Reiza out of trouble with any IP holders... So it is what it is and will only receive quality of life changes...

As for the AMR23... Someone needs to pay attention to the modding side of AMS2 more... ;)

(Although I'm not sure if it's been posted here...)

• Friendly Friendly x 3