1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.7.1 & Nürburgring Historic Officially Released - Now Updated to v1.4.7.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, no need to re-install. Just do a Steam files integrity check if concerned that the game itself got screwed-up by mods. If it's the configuration that is screwed-up, then the documents folder is the best option. You can simply rename the folder and let the game create a new fresh one to test whether it fixes the crash. If so, but not necessary, you could then try to determine what specifically was causing the problem. If that's more bother than reconfiguring controllers and settings, then it can be skipped and you can just delete the old folder.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

Does it feel like the brakes are kind of weird again for anyone else? I’ve had no complaints about the brakes for a while, they were way better than they were when I started playing a little over a year ago. For some reason it doesn’t matter what car I use (but mostly testing in GT3, GTE, and GT1 cars), my brakes are more easily locking up, I’m blowing through apexes a lot of the time, and I’m not getting a reliable feeling on how long brake zones are. I’ve added a lot of the mods and haven’t reinstalled the game in a couple versions though, so maybe I’ll just give that a try… :confused:

3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

If you haven't already, try calibrating your pedals (in AMS2). I've seen cases where the brake calibration changes for some reason. Used to happen in Pcars2 for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeanvendors

H
    Hmm, I’ll give that another go as well. I realize I haven’t calibrated them since the last hotfix.

edit: 2 days later, reinstalled, calibrated pedals, even reinstalled wheel/pedal software. still having weird premature locking in a lot of cars especially Porsche Cup, Corvette C8R and McLaren GTR. Maybe my pedal springs are just getting soft all of a sudden. Idk. Just feeling like Daniel Ricciardo in a McLaren after this last update for some reason. Though if anyone has run into a bug where you can turn your wheel in the pause screen let me know. (That also didn’t go away after reinstall)

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  5. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

As I reported last week on the bugs topic, the clean full reinstall can be necessary from time to time since the integrity check can't always solve issues.

Don't know why this happens, but I see a lot of folks complaining about AMS2 physics being broken or awkward in a way that don't match my overall experience. I believe that there are a lot of folks that may need a clean full reinstall and Reiza must address to that issue ASAP for their own sake.

Abração!

6. beorn2

beorn2 Member AMS2 Club Member

I have these issues too. Some cars just go to immediate brake lock up. I race online and see smoke pouring off my tyres but no one else?? Only have this issue in AMS2 and can't get it sorted. Posted a message in the 'help and support' section but no help yet. Can someone from Reiza help please?

7. sparco

sparco Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello
    please Renato......please !

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Jugulador

Just try to lower the brake sensitivity (on game options, not on car setup) to around 5% (throttle to anything between 15 and 25 % help a lot). It will not lower the max braking force (if you press your physical brake 100% the virtual will also go all the way), just create a curve to smooth the input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. beorn2

Thanks for your reply. Have tried brake sensitivity from 0 to 100% and makes no difference. Never used to have this issue, and as I mentioned brakes are fine in other sims. AMS2 is my 'go to' sim but this is so frustrating.

10. Carfox 17

Carfox 17 New Member

Every time I restart the sim, and then no matter what vehicle or track I choose, the brakes always lock up! Then I step on the brake all the way down and the locking goes away! Use G29 steering wheel

Was not intended as an error message, but as a note

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Do a bug report in the bug report thread

12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I personally feel there has always been a lingering brake issue with a number of cars in AMS2, trail braking is difficult with a lot of cars and even braking in a straight line or near straight line has caused spins in some cars. I hope brakes are on the to be reviewed list.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Never had these brake issues, this is weird and must be annoying for you guys. For me, just generally reducing brake pressure from the default settings which I think is 90% to 80% on most cars do the job and makes it much harder to lock brakes. Also, normally I tend to take easy on braking on my out laps because it’s easier to lock up brakes when they are still cold. But other than that, never had these issues. And also I play with brake bias, generally moving to rear braking when it’s raining for example

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

sure, that helps, but aren't you giving away a lot of lap time?

15. Jugulador

It's not supposed to be happening. Have you calibrated your pedals ingame? If you done all of that, it's probably a compatibility issue between AMS2 and your hardware.

A way to solve that (helped me when AMS2 wasn't working together with the Logitech software) is to find your AMS2 installation directory, right click on AMS2.exe, go to Proprieties, them Compatibility and check the "run as administrator" box. I had the issue that my steering wheel wasn't matching the ingame (the real was always 900º when ingame it will varies with each car... now my wheel just lock at the right place). Maybe that will solve your issue.

Just as reference: I usually set the car setup braking to 100% on modern cars and around 80% on older (80's to older) and can simply crush my braking pedal with no locking issues (as it is supposed to work on real cars). Your AMS2 should behave just like that or there is something wrong in it's own unidentifiable way.

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I always fully depress my pedals BEFORE entering any sim/game (so that Windows will record the full range). AMS 2 is not the only one that can be affected by calibration issues like this. And, it can be exacerbated if there are options for "auto-calibration" like on my Fanatec pedals. Turning that off helps a lot to avoid this problem.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. jeanvendors

Well, sad to hear I’m not the only one suffering brake issues but I was able to help myself out by keeping the telemetry HUD open and fine-tuning my braking technique. I was definitely pushing at full brake pressure for way too long, not trailing off when I needed to, and it was tricky to tell with the smaller pedal diagrams on the regular HUD. Also, I added a dead zone to my pedals and that also helped. So basically, Mea Culpa, I think.

18. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I also tend to reduce the brake pressure on most cars. I figure that if I'm constantly locking up, then I'm losing brake power due to that, and the driving also becomes dangerous. At least when I'm braking with less pressure it's more predictable because of having no lockups. Ideally I think you'd reduce locking with brake balance, but that doesn't always seem to be enough, and when you're driving it can be hard to tell exactly which tyre you're locking up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. beorn2

Thanks everyone for your advice. My issue is I often race online and the host runs default settings so adjusting the car brake pressure or balance is unavailable to adjust. Thinking about deleting the AMS2 folder as I've heard it can fix issues, but its a bit of a pain.
    Anyway, thanks for your input.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Oh default set ups are terrible for most people... Especially for those without load cells...

This is the expected behaviour I would have in any online lobby with defaults... Have to pretend there is an egg underneath the brake pedal more often than not...

I also have noticed with my set up is that I have to fully depress my brake pedal each time I load up AMS2... It's like it doesn't remember the range like it does the steering wheel... This becomes a bigger problem in a default set up with it's way too far forwards bias and too high pressure...

We really need the forced default set ups option to be open to steering ratio as well as brake bias, pressure and ducting...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1