1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wrong. F USA 2023 is in Beta.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:cool:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Good to hear- is Barcelona? 3 days nothing was in beta.

4. Ettore

We can't comment Beta here in the main. Just wanted to correct what was wrong information and avoid spreading panic for no good reason.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So we can pressure Beta players into leaking info by purposely spreading misinformation?!?

How delightfully devilish...

25GN8GZ7KP3ZYnHgIJ.gif

• Funny Funny x 34
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

In other words, your statement of fact was based entirely on speculation.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Speaking of beta, I hope Renato will reopen the Reiza backing campaign for a bit in early Q3, after the release of the Adrenaline pack and the (more or less) completion of the season pass.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-5-26_7-45-47.png

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AlexBfromG

they probably have something like that for the Straight4 game once its revealed. i also dont see what benefit it would offer other than getting beta access.

If you wanna support Reiza, gift the game to someone who is on the fence about it. thats why i bought all DLC, even though i dont like most of them other than for the tracks it offers and the Racin USA 1 cars. I hope that Adrenaline Pack will have Stadium Trucks though and offer track variants with jumps.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Laulenture

Getting beta access is inherently valuable to some, especially users of this forum as it allows them to support Reiza financially and help with the game's development. The idea of securing all future DLCs right now in one payment is also highly sought after for obvious reasons. And of course you can do that AND also gift the game to others, for maximum support.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. AlexBfromG

this i dont really see, unless you 100 percent know what you are getting into, and that is something that was never really known, and still is not known in regards to Adrenaline DLC despite it originally being a 20/21 season pass, in the mid of 2023.

there would have to be a roadmap of promised content of the alleged future dlc. And with the recent announcement of working with Ian Bells new project, this will affect AMS2 development, there is no way it does not unless Reiza grows its team.

12. Laulenture

Then just don't get it. It's like for the original AMS2 backing campaign, and AMS1's backing campaign, people didn't really knew what they were getting into and did it based on Reiza's past products and simply faith. And we don't know what Reiza and straight4's partnership is so bringing it up is heavy speculation based on pretty much nothing, and so far Reiza still seems very dedicated to AMS2.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what? Is still makes sense money wise. It would have made zero sense for me to buy the DLC separately and then wait what the Adrenaline pack is about. I would have already paid more than the Season pass AND the Barcelona DLC and Adrenaline DLC are not even out yet.

Cost of all DLC separately so far is 115,89 euros. Add to this Barcelona and Adrenaline.

Season pass in the meanwhile is 89,99 euros at absolute full list price.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Just look at the season pass... That was worth it even if it didn't include the road cars or the adrenaline pack for me... And it still comes out cheap in comparison to other sims out there...

I may not be looking forward to everything Reiza releases for AMS2, I don't like every car in the game... There's going to be a good chance I won't like a few of the choices going ahead, especially if they are modern GTs or too much dirt or snow stuff...

But when a league runs an event in something out of my comfort zone but possibly fun why wouldn't I want to have it in my collection? Especially if I can lump that price tag in with a lot of stuff that I will enjoy...

• Winner Winner x 4
  15. AlexBfromG

what i am talking about is that you totally did not know what to get with the pass, and at the time, people thought that a 90 Euro season pass for a early access game was incredibly steep.

Hockenheim was free for me and many others, i think that the premium track packs are all worth it, especially Silverstone. plus i love that it has Spa 1991, and how AMS i think is the only game with the current Spa 2022.

But i also think that some of the content is not up there, thats why i bought it on sale, brazilian legends that is.

so i have heard they have BTCC 2023 plus Thruxton in Beta right now :D

• Funny Funny x 7
  16. Ettore

Honestly I backed AMS2 in the last days it was open, not knowing almost anything of Reiza, mostly because Jardier had been mentioning AMS2 as the next big general sim.
    He did not spend almost no time in his live streams on it, but AMS2 proved to be a pretty great deal for me.
    I'm sure many people after the fact would want to go back in time :D

17. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is not true at all. At the very beginning there was very little information, but I complained around April/May 2020 on this forum that I can't be expected to pay 90 euros for a season pass if I don't know about anything it contains. After that (I'm not saying based exclusively on my feedback) Renato gave a description of the season pass content and that was enough for me to understand the future direction of the simulator and buy it. I bought it on 21 May 2020 for 80,99 euros. I'm assuming you bought yours later, so you must have had the same info as I did.

And funnily enough, based on Renato's information from 2020 you could almost perfectly predict the content of that pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I confirm that what you heard is true !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That's just cruel... :mad:

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

First page of this thread. You're welcome.