Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I'm not saying flatspotting has to go, it's just too extreme. A reduction would make sense

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Online lobbies with F-Junior will be insane if that car is chosen, especially on a track with a lot of slipstream.

Just had one of the best races of my AMS2 "career" with these.

• Like Like x 4
  3. gerdeg

gerdeg New Member

While Tony Kanaan said exact opposite about Iracing and ACC braking:
    "The brakes are more realistic than iRacing"
    Testando pack novo do Assetto Corsa Competizione! | !discord !logitech - tonykanaan on Twitch
    You should take things with a grain of salt especially when hyperbole is involved - there is likely much more nuances involved as to why one might say "Iracing braking is better" or vice versa.
    You should know better for a long time simracing community member.
    Also Daniel was testing ACC with 100% stability control:
    Twitch

Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I suppose it depends on the actual flatspot. Under some severe cases it's literally undriveable in real world with vibrations strong enough to affect driver's vision and even breaking suspension. I think strong FFB for this effect makes sense, especially when previously even very bad flatspots (proper lock-up for 100m that should shred tires completely) were barely felt in comparison.

The best way to avoid this "annoying" vibration from flat spots is to... well, avoid flatspots like real drivers do :p

• Agree Agree x 10
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

exactly, in the old situation you could lock up and only lose a bit of time in that particular turn, where as with proper flatspots like in the RC it costs you time across the whole lap, which is a good thing and adds to the realism IMHO

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gerdeg

gerdeg New Member

Regarding F-Junior the car is fun to drive however I there is too much vibration/noise in FFB with DD wheel, none of the other cars that got tire updates has vibration like that. Basically it feels like you have flat spots even though you don't (straight ouf of the pits).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. John Manetti

John Manetti Active Member AMS2 Club Member

onestamente, parla anche del terzo punto, dove il posteriore è così traballante quando accelera in uscita di curva, anche ad alte velocità, si riferisce a iRacing, ma francamente, il problema si vede molto anche su AMS2, anche con auto con TC, tende ad avere un posteriore molto leggero, come se il posteriore avesse pneumatici con una superficie di contatto più piccola. La mia opinione su AMS2 è molto evidente, anche a velocità medie, dove il carico aerodinamico e il passaggio a una marcia più alta non dovrebbero consentire uno slittamento così evidente. La mia umile opinione, che è legata al video del pilota contro iRacing, e che trovo lo stesso problema qui su AMS2 molto amplificato.
    La cosa peggiora, per salire con la potenza. Un esempio sono le Formulas Ultimate Gen 1-2, dove è estremamente difficile gestire il posteriore in uscita di curva in marcia 1-2-3, a meno che non si innesti direttamente la 4a marcia. Ma in IRL non vedo questo.

la frenata in AMS2, trovo che alcuni veicoli abbiano una potenza frenante di gran lunga superiore all'aderenza che il veicolo ha su AMS2, e quindi per risolvere il problema bisogna andare a ridurre la potenza frenante, che spesso scopro di default non è nemmeno al suo massimo potenziale, ma al 90%

8. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I don't give a damn about such statements from so-called "big" Youtubers, even if they are real drivers. You don't know what the motivation is behind it. For me, a simulation is, as the name suggests, a simulation and always will be. There will always be compromises in a simulation

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This car is championship material for the leagues that run AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the report. This is known internally and we are trying to find a solution for the near future.. For now it only seams to be a problem for high powered DD users..

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems you haven't seen his video. Morad only said the braking was great in iRacing. Every other subject was rather disappointing and let's face it: The braking in ACC is an exception in sim-racing. Either ACC is accurate and every other sim including AC does it wrong or it's rather vice versa.

12. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I always felt the same about the Lotus 23 , just assumed it was the type of tyre not having much give in the sidewall. I do tend to turn down the effects in game when driving it .

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's likely more a result of small tire dimensions which translate more bumps and road texture. 60s Mini is another good example for quite rattly FFB. There will be methods to equalize the matter for better consistency in the future. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I meant have you raced it in the game…

• Like Like x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, if you find one let me know, I'd be very interested!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Theodore Schultz

Yes the defaults now feel great on the updated cars and I may not even use the customs any more after all of the cars get the 1.5 physics updates. Crazy good work Reiza folks. This is what I have been hoping for with the default FFB so more people are able to experience how great this sim can be.

17. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I Haven’t noticed anything that doesn’t feel normal and in tune with custom yet .
    Maybe gain strength might need finer tuning with some cars , but tire and suspension feel exactly as before , only better in case of cars that are outputting more refined signal .
    Ie , if a car improves , so does the custom rack , I can feel the difference the same as everyone else but maybe lesser differences as custom rack already gave some of this updated ffb.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Theodore Schultz

If you run default on say F ultimate 2 and then GT3, you can definitely feel the difference in the default FFB. The default feels so much closer now to the yours and other the other great custom files.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Couple of extra builds yesterday and just now deployed as V1.4.8.0 hits build 2299 - we will most likely have new version tomorrow before we can go for an official release. Combined changelog from the latest builds below:
    • F-Ultimate Gen2: Default setup adjustments (brake bias moved slightly forward, slightly raised ride height); Adjusted Center of Gravity height by 0.5mm; FFB refinements
    • Barcelona: Art updates to track & trackside objects
    • Fixed missing Ginetta G58 wet compound
    • Uno Classic B: Fixed black glass issue
    • Mclaren Senna: Fixed bug causing it to CTD while loading

• Like Like x 28
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me this is the most game changer update about how the tires feels and behave from my inputs (the car in general).

Amazing, great work reiza.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1