Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Rober

Rober Member

That half millimetre was killing me :D Thanks and congratulation for the work, enjoying the physics updates a lot!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here one unfortunate youtuber is doing an analysis of the new physics using the V8 Supercars :p:D:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I think Renato needs to start including the "placebo effect physics parameter" in the changelogs too :D

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. omni

omni New Member

I wanted to comment on this video, but I don't know what to say so that he doesn't get upset

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I liked the Retro G1 before, but now they feel awesome, you can really control more the slide and feels more progressive, before the car would pull back straight suddenly when you tried to recover, now it feels more natural and progressive, love the car. Tried a little bit the Retro-G2 and didn't feel too much difference, but didn't drive it too much to really give a 100% opinion.

Agree about the top speed, I think most formula cars have too much top end speed compared to real life, the F-Ultimates hit 340kph on almost every (longish)straight.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand. I put a comment under that youtube video. It has been deleted and replaced with a very similar comment by another person. How is that possible?

7. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

(Any) Comments can be removed by the content creator himself/herself.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Why doesn't the Brabham B52 have adjustable rear downforce?

Car also feels like it's got no rear wing ...

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Because the rear wing wasn't adjustable for it.

The car also has only a very small rear diffusor. It has nothing to do with no wing.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Dicra

Poor Nelson, then :/ How the hell did he not die in that xD

That oscillation issue with the F-RetroG3 DFY I told you in Discord is also in this car btw, I'm mystified as to what the cause is.

11. Mazdaspeed

It's a very difficult car to drive, I haven't been able to be consistent with it, challenging but quite fun.

12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree with Leynad on the fact that ACC forces you to stomp on the brakes like a madman even during turn in. But also AC has this sort of almighty increase in tire grip with forward weight transfer that seems to overcome any lateral grip usage that you may input when turning in.
    No matter what YTers say and the reasons why they say it (we don't really know them and Morad is on iracing payroll as is TK anyway), it has no place in real life car physics and of that I know something.

• Like Like x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Brake more in a straight line, use the cars straightline acceleration as an advantage. In cornering it will be inferior to cars like the MP4/1.

I can't reproduce it, i saw the video etc., but no luck so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Another positive in the newly-updated cars is that they provide a more accurate, yet at times more difficult, driving experience. In other words, the improved tires and other physics tweaks yield a more honest appraisal of the driver’s inputs. At times, we AMS2 drivers have had to implement some bizarre behaviors mid-corner while the Gumby brand tires flexed and contorted in all sorts of unnatural ways—although these problems have gradually and significantly diminished as Reiza has worked very hard to improve the sim.

Remember the snap-oversteering, tank slapping Retros of a few years back? Thankfully, we’re way beyond the era of driveline woes, and the current iteration of progress underlines how the sim no longer requires—or tolerates—such quirky driving habits as the ones we had to adopt along the way. While Reiza continues to optimize the code on their end (and I have nothing but praise for their efforts on that account), drivers ought to take the opportunity to re-evaluate their driving and identify what habits and actions may no longer be needed.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Just had a 80 minutes race at Goiânia with P1/GT3/GT4, I was with a Ginetta G58, I have to say, I've never felt so happy with this sim, the faster classes AI are better at managing the slow AI now, fighting for position with the Metalmoro that is faster in straights with my Ginetta that is better at turns while we both managed the slower AI was quite thrilling haha, also the G58 is even better to drive now. Great way to finish the weekend.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah like I said I'm all for it. Super realistic and seemed well scaled depending on the tire.
    I was only questioning how "new" this behaviour was. Because if I A/B between the RC and official release, I can't replicate it in official release. The tires heat up from a bad spin, but you get close to no wear.

I only mentioned it because I think this is the type of info that would be interesting to get in changelogs. I'm the type that likes to get the most info on changes. On the other hand I know there's a limit to how much info these can hold before they become 10 pages long :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dicra

I can drive it - barely - but it's so incredibly sensitive to steering input that it's almost impossible to control on a gamepad. Tap the steering and you're gone it is with this. Just look at 2:34 vs 1:03 in this video - I think that car finally has me beat on what the limits of the gamepad are in terms of driving consistently.

Maybe this is something a clean reinstall of AMS2 could fix; gonna do that tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mazdaspeed

I am actually doing some laps at Kyalami historic right now and the car is kicking my arse, but once you get a good lap, it feels great. The FFB is also much more detailed now, can feel how bumpy the track is much better and I am not having to lower the brake pressure to avoid locking them now.

The more I am driving the better it's feeling, the only disappointment is that I expected the AI to be better at overtaking due to the patch notes, although the glued racing improved a little, the AI overtaking ability not so much.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if this will help you at all, but Nelson had a famous quote about this car when asked about the handling:

"You don't drive this car. You just point it in the right direction, and pull the trigger."

Both Nelson Piquet and Alain Prost had great things to say about the handling of their cars in 1983 (BT52 and RE40 respectively). In general, drivers were happy that massive ground effects were gone and they were back in control of their cars, while the year before it seemed like they were just passengers of their own machines. The racing this year was great, becoming a 4-way race for the championship between the two mentioned, plus the two Ferrari drivers, Tambay and Arnaux. All in all, 1983 is one of the most underrated seasons in Formula One IMO, and it's awesome to have representation of it in game :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is also the lack of rear anti-roll bar adjustability, fixed at a disconnected value, also intentional, or is it a bug?