Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would say it's a leading candidate to be featured in our own place after European Summer Break, but it will depend on what our members vote :)

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Intentional.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the FFB, the Custom/Default/Default+ profiles seem even more standardized, in that I can switch between them all to activate or deactivate a particular profile without having to fiddle with any in-game settings. Among the updated cars, in fact, I haven’t had to change a single FFB setting when switching profiles—unless I wanted to for testing purposes.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

TYVM. Quite surprising to know that's how they actually raced that car!

5. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

What's the power output of the F-USA 2023? I haven't had the pleasure to try it yet, but it would be cool to get a '24 spec hybrid or just a massive power boost. I imagine 1000bph in these cars would be spectacular.

6. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

Nice to hear this!

• Like Like x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Non-P2P power output looks around the 650-670hp mark, with the button adding another 50hp. The WimdyCar™ looks to have about 50hp less than would be realisss... I mean, *ahem* than expected by the community. Then again, I wouldn't know, I don't work for Honda or Chevy. I'm basing my figures solely on articles and discord comments.

8. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Sorry if this has already been reported, but at Jacarepegua ‘88 there is both the standard MP4/4 and low downforce MP4/4 on the grid. How hopeless for other drivers who have to race against two Prosts and two Sennas.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. CrimsonEminence

Should be sorted soon(TM). It's a known issue!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

Every tire in AMS2 has a deformation visual effect or only some types of tires?
    It seems less noticeable in some cars.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So, I had a crash in a practice session with the F-UltimateG2 and a message with a timer appeared saying "retired insufficient progress" let it ran to 0 and it brought me to the pits with no way to rejoin.

Was this in the game before? I haven't used the F-UltimateG2 too much so I don't know, It doesn't happen with the other car classes I have been using today.
    Also saw for the very first time a white flag for a slow car ahead, dunno if that's also new, the flags are very inconsistent in the game.

12. CrimsonEminence

Terminal damage can end your session, this was already the case before.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So is it just me or are the in game FFB settings not making any changes other than gain. An example would be FX. The kerbs and road detail feels the same at 0 and 100...

When I make changes in game to my custom file, I can definitely feel the difference.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks! Also if you create a custom AI file for the F-Junior class, the skill values you input have no effect, is it intentional while the car is on RC?

15. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Ran some laps with the Classic Gen 1 Model 2 at Monza 91. There are more improvements here than just the tyres. You hit an aero wall sooner now so top speeds have been brought down to sane values. Aero loss on yaw seems to be a thing now, as a bigger slide cannot be saved now without loss of speed.

You also need a bigger radiator opening now, or the engine won't survive a hotlap, even with a well executed outlap and opening with engine damage at zero.

What still remains is an overall too high level of downforce. I can brake extremely late (100 metres or less anywhere) and corner way too fast, second Lesmos is done with just a well timed chicken lift. Best run so far was a 1:21.8 on real date, green track and real weather (7/9/86, 14:00), but this was a very short test. With more drive time and setup tweaks that has potentially 1.5s hidden. If the overall level of downforce was reduced but drag stayed the same, this would be quite close to where it should be.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

That's right it doesn't matter anymore

17. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

These are the two things that I always search for the first in the changelog:
    - fix for flickering objects/textures in VR
    - fix for metal sparks in VR

Is this on the agenda to fix?? The flickering textures is a major issue in VR.

For the rest of the update: the changelog looks awesome, I wait for the final release to install it. Looking forward to the new improved physics and thanks for the Formula USA 2023 and Formula Junior.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I must be experiencing the reverse placebo effect since I don't actually feel much difference in the updated cars compared to before. Maybe they are a little more punishing over the limit and you can now actually spin the car when cornering too fast at high speeds.

19. Lockee

Lockee New Member

Amazing update guys! I made an account to forward information about AI calibration in Barcelona. Wasn't sure where exactly it would be relevant.

FormulaUlt2.0: AI Sector 2 is almost a second off the pace even with 120 difficulty. S1 & S3 are fine for the most part. Sometimes the AI slightly checks up midway through T3 even with the track to themselves. Linked a TT lap for pace reference.

FourmulaUSA2023: With barely any practice in this car I was already a second faster than the AI on 120. S2 is an outlier again. Attached a screenshot for an example.

Thank you guys for continuing to support this game! This experience has really turned into something special.

Attached Files:

• blah.jpg
      blah.jpg
      File size:
      772.3 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The main difference I'm feeling is at the rear. Before, if the rears lost traction the back end would "jump" out sideways. Either braking or on throttle. Now that loss of traction feels more progressive up to and around the limit.

Maybe placebo, but I feel like I can trail brake later and with more steering angle than before without the back completely stepping out.

• Agree Agree x 5