Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Works wonders on the F-Classic G3 though, the cars feel like they actually have wings now, not just a wingless tub with a few blocks of ice as tires (I’m exaggerating, I liked them before also, but it is much nicer now) Especially the MP4/5B, much more predictable.

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I also feel there is better front turn in as well, have only had a short run so far though

3. Apex

Apex Active Member

Interesting question. While in my experience the 962 is overall a lot more forgiving than the Sauber, I find the Porsche to be more prone to becoming unsettled under trail braking. That could be down to my specific setups of course, but I have a history of smashing 962s en masse at Hockenheim '88 when transitioning from one of the other Group C/IMSA prototypes to this one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Interesting, I've never had trouble tail braking the 962, but I only had races with the short tail, maybe the long tail is prone to not like tail braking? For me the best feel Group C in general is the Nissan, I love the Group C cars, but I hope these new physics will improve some parts of the handling in general.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No probs at my end

6. Apex

Apex Active Member

Yes of course! The longer bodywork could mess up the weight transfer under braking. Didn't cross my mind!

And yes, the Nissan doesn't seem to have any serious vices. Lovely car. I love the Chevy as well, even if doesn't really belong in that category, if one has to be really semantic-pedantic, at least not at European venues. But it has got a brutal sound, and one can always pretend to be the American coming over to teach the Euros how to race properly. Or some Interserie/Can Am event. Historically all sorts of crazy mix-ups have taken place at these gigs, so nothing is really unrealistic.

• Like Like x 1
  7. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Wasn't it mentioned that cars released after 1.4 are already under the 1.5 physics? That would include the Nissan then.

8. Turbo Granny

Yeah the Corvette is my second favorite in the driving part, and I'm pretty sure it raced against some sort of 962 at IMSA, it's not super accurate but the "what if" factor is part of the fun too.

Only the Formula Inter was sort of a preview of the 1.5 physics, no other car had it before the current RC, from what I understand.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The list in the release notes is the definitive list as I understand it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Here is what Renato said in the Devupdate:

11. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Junior mirror adjustments doesn't seem to work in VR. Anyone else noticed that?

Other than that, great update. Loving it all. Formula Junior is just a gigantic bucket of fun! Had a race in Formula Classic G4. One of my favorites. Grip loss under power comes in a little easier, even in 3rd but it's more predictable and controllable. Really, really good. All of it.

I have season pass and all other DLC's but had this been a paid DLC for me, I would pay for it in an instance. Thank you Reiza.

12. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did some laps in the G1 on Kyalami and it definitely felt better to me, I liked the car before the update but you where not able to control the drift in that car with much precision, it would snap back into place when you counter steered before, now you can actually slide the car.

Those cars were quite tail happy in real life, so IMHO they drive pretty good. The G2 are weird, but they have always felt weird to me, like if you had a bungee rope attached to the rear of the car on the corners that pulls you in, still feels the same now.

13. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

best combo in my opinion, wouldn't mind finding an indy car league with this car

• Like Like x 3
  14. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You shouldn't test rear-grip at Kyalami because all non-turbos are down like 40 hp there. There will be much less wheel spin as a result.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Artem Kiriakin

Artem Kiriakin New Member

Reiza is an amazing team striving to really improve the simulation, and achieving this not by changing the digits of a certain value of traction, like some other simulators, but by using a detailed simulation of every nuance of the physical model. And it pays off! Look at the new F-Junior, look at the F-Retro and F-Classic, they behave amazing, realistic, expected, pleasant to drive, and even when they punish you, you understand why and this makes you even more high!
    Moreover, please note, now with the changes in physics, the behavior of cars on the ground has improved (on the same tires), they rotate much less and generally behave more realistically, now it is quite possible to start and brake (albeit smoothly and with steering adjustment) from the dirt surface. Also, as it seemed to me, the behavior of the tires would improve by itself depending on the pressure change (including at the highest possible values) and the FFB improved =) Bravo!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Turbo Granny

Oh I guess it makes sense for the Nissan then, the best part about it is how it feels around the corners, might be this better suspension geometry simulation. But the completed new physics are only in the cars on the list in the dev update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with G1s was that it was impossible for the car to be set on a holding slide, an effect in the physics (which to me was tyre carcass fighting back to its steady state) would cause them to be straightened back, which also caused chronic understeer.

It's not about power, because it's mid corner behaviour and the car taking a set with its weight transfer. Kyalami is great for testing this, but on your favour, so is Silverstone 75.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hadn't thought that, still the biggest difference I feel it's not necessarily the rear grip, but more in the strange behavior I felt before that the car would straighten itself suddenly by just counter steering, much like what still happens with the G2. So you where not able to control the slide as naturally as I can do it now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Lockee

Lockee New Member

I gathered more data and, in the attached images, I'm 1.5 seconds faster (120AI) than the next car in qualifying with AI being slower in S1 and S2. This is without a special qualifying setup as well. I ran both the race and quali with the same exact setup barring fuel.

Regarding the race, I'm roughly 2 seconds a lap quicker while managing tire temperature. I maintained the FL temp around 113C by lifting to 80% throttle through T9 and T14. Not only that, I was able to pull a 10-second gap to the next car in only five laps.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I've played a ton of AMS2 this weekend. Now that I've tested most of the update content and the excitement has settled I believe I can provide a better feedback.

Physics : all the update content has peaked physics wise. Not much to add here, can't wait to see all the cars with the new physics model, specially the F-V10 Gen 2.

FFB: Here I've noticed that the brand new content F-Inter, F-USA 2023 and F-Junior, well, they really stand out. Very communicative, you feel exactly what the car is doing, suffering and demanding from you. F-Ultimate Gen 2 has greatly improved and IMO is like 2% behind the brand new content, but mostly great. Other update cars are greatly improved, but I feel the FFB is lacking a little bit when compared to the brand new cars. I imagine that they need a really small fine tune. I wonder if the FFB of the new content is slightly better because they where developed from the scratch with the new physics model in mind. I believe this is the case.

AI: improved overall. In my experience, fast cars resolve thenselves faster, and the pack behavior was mostly eliminated. Slow cars like F-Inter still have some problems racing in packs, specially with stand starts. Rolling starts seems to be better in that regard.

And finally, audio: some desync whit the start lights VS the string audio, but expected as a Release Candidate. F-Junior audio is a source of joy, you can really rear the limit of the tires and the slip angle. I hope to see that replicated to other cars in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1