Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. bravotangosix

bravotangosix The flying busman AMS2 Club Member

Today on this forum i've learn't more about adult nappies than I ever wanted or indeed needed to know. o_O

Not sure how I feel about that. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A couple of weeks back I did a 24Hr multiclass race, offline in AMS2 round Spa.
    I used the "Swap driver" function to let the AI drive stints when I needed to sleep or work. The totals were I did 262 laps and the AI drove 265
    If I needed a quick loo break, I got the pit crew to do a full fix to the car, which gave me time and ensured the engine and brakes survived.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How was the AI strategy? Both your AI and the others.

4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah I cant wait to see these revised physics in all the tin tops, they are by far what I drive the most.
    About the Group C, they already did a solid job with the Nissan, I think reiza will nail the rest of Group C with update 1.5.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Turbo Granny

The first and the last time I did something so ludicrous was the 24h race in GT4, but at least it had the b-spec thing, I would drive for some hours and turn the car in to the b-spec driver, I dont know how my PS2 survived more than 24 hours runing. I cant imagine doing something like this today, nobody has time or strenght for it, saving mid race is my top wish for a feature in AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

That, plus i also would NEVER trust any of today's software to not randomly crash within a several hour timespan, let alone a 24 hour span. If i can save the game mid-session i have 100% certainty that even if the game crashes, i can continue from that save point and continue on.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How did the results turn out? Eager to know if there where incidents or the race was a boring procession like in ACC?

8. Odd Socks

I didn't notice any really weird stuff going on. A full tank of fuel in the GT4's was also a good time to change tires as well.
    I happened to choose a date where it was dry for the full 24hrs. I will have to try this again at some point and hopefully the weather will play a bigger part.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That brings back memories of me as a 10 year old nutcase, playing from 10pm to 9am to finish a PS1 game because I didn't have a memory card :D.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Odd Socks

As I was just trying it out, I had the AI at 100% and normal aggression.
    The top three GTE cars were on the same lap and kept swapping places during pit stops.
    I seem to remember that that was the same for the GT3s as well.
    There were only 3 retirements.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

I have noticed a few things doing a race at the daytona oval with the formula 23.

The cars steering is incredibly twitchy in the center. Raising the steering angle to maximum and weight jacker to zero seems to help but fine adjustment to steering when you're near the wall or three wide is very, very difficult. I even raised dampening to try to combat the twitchyness. I personally wish the steering was a little less sensitive.

The ai is quite fond of latching their front tires into your rear tires, sending you spinning. As usual with the ai, they seem to have no consequences for this contact. Turning agression down kind of seems to help but its an agression setting, not a stupidity setting. The ai is fond of racing in trains, millimeters apart from each other. Its hard when they try to do this to you, given that you arent roboticly following a line and you have driving to combat. Some distance from the player unless theyre trying to make a move would be nice. The ai spreading apart more would be nice too. It seems to sort of happen naturally after several laps but the first quarter of any race, and more if you use yellow flags, is all just an ai train. If you like shorter races, they may train all race long.

The ai is very inconsistent under safety car/yellow flags. They alternate between racing speed and school zone speed, inches apart from each other. You speed up to try to follow and they suddenly slow, sending you flying past them, locking up with your useless oval breaks. So you try to let them pass but the cars that were behind you end up passing you. The ai doesnt seem to understand its not supposed to pass under yellow. A consistent ai speed, or displaying a speed the player should aim for, would be helpful.

Last, and i think i just need advice, getting a good start is hard. You either have insane wheel spin that sends you flying or you bog down and almost stall out while the ai flys off into the distance. What is the secret to a good start in the formula 23? Also, why doesn't any ai ever spin or get a bad start? For realism, it would be cool to see a couple ai spin at the start sometimes.

Thank you for any advice and sorry for bad english

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Oh God, I'm afraid to start a thread of "Who's played a video game the longest to reach some very important--at the time--milestone." The way the world turns, a few years from now such stories might get us cancelled!

Oh, and the new F1 1991 set is out. Thanks, @Alain Fry et al! 1990 awaits!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

To have a less direct steering you can try to adjust the values:
    Steering dead zone and
    Steering sensitivity
    Hope it help

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yay! Just saw it

15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The entire class could do with some revisions...

The Nissan is much like the Vette GTP and deserves it's own class as it's not in a WSC or Le Mans spec... Because it's got a qualifying spec engine and a much higher ride height... Would be cool if the entire grid got qualifying spec engines for qualy and race spec for the races, but it's only the Nissan which gets the extra ~200bhp...

And the Porsche is a few years older than the Sauber...

Hopefully these inconsistencies are on Reiza's to-do list to clean up for the 1.5 release...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love Group C cars, but they are all over the place in their recreation. The Vette GTP and the R89C are both severely borked in their own ways.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

If anyone is looking for their next Formula Junior fix, I found it:

For a good time, call 2-TC-4-CÓRDOBA.

After looking over historic Formula Junior schedules, I gave some thought as to which tracks in AMS2 might best serve as a substitute in terms of character. Here's one: Córdoba is so utterly perfect for the Junior. It's fastest layout (TC) is reminscent of a fast, sweeping airfield circuit, but scaled down just right to suit the Junior's specifications. The No. 2 layout makes a great Club variant, and then the No. 4 layout combines elements of both. For best results, race all three. Moroever, anyone who thinks Reiza isn't well on their way to sorting out their tire and physics issues hasn't raced the Junior at Córdoba No. 2--it's a real truth teller.

By the way, I was hoping Buskerud Short could serve as a (sort-of) stand-in for the Roskilde Ring, but the AI cannot complete a single lap without bringing out the double yellows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Turbo Granny

I think in an ideal world it should be the Nissan, Sauber and a more late 80's 962 in the Group C class, and the Corvette with one or more GTP in their own class. What really frustrates me in the class is that the 962 is so much behind the others, its great around corners but just sad in a straight line, maybe a later version could make it better?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Absolutely... The Vette definitely needs a GTP class all of it's own, maybe with a ZX-T to keep it company... Along with a GTP 962 of course...

Whilst some refined Kremer or Joest 962s from the late 80s would be epic...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hweaton

Hweaton New Member

I have tested out the F-USA 2023 and have some comments.

1. There is a bug with the tires that I reported in the bug reports forum, so I won't go into that at length here, but to shorten it, basically the tires feel more realistic in terms of they get slower the more you wear them out, but if you lock them up, the vibrate an extreme amount, and if you lock them up more than once or twice, you will get a "puncture" (pressure goes to 0.00), but it still drives as if you just have a big flat spot

2. There are only 24 total liveries, so for those trying to imitate a very popular American open wheel motorsport that shall not be named ;) then they will be missing a few cars.

3. As someone mentioned previously, the oval version is really strange. The cars are incredibly twitchy and oversteer way more than expected, even when running low front wing and high rear wing. If you do a race with the AI you can literally watch them all tandem drift through the corners. The road version of these cars feels similar to the IR-18 mod, but the oval version is completely different.

4. Tire pressure minimums are 1.40 bar, which is pretty high if you're on a cool track, where you won't be able to get to proper racing temperature.

5. Push to pass is certainly a welcome development, however, it's not quite perfect if you're looking to make it more realistic to previously mentioned American open wheel motorsport. I believe it is 200 seconds of press and hold time, which is good, however there are no restrictions on P2P use during lap 1, nor are there limits on how much you can use per lap. Furthermore, the only way to tell how much push to pass you have remaining is the little blue energy bar by your telemetry; there really should be a number on the wheel with how many seconds of "time units" (the IR-18 mod has a 100% which equates to 2 seconds of push to pass per 1% used).

6. The aeroshield has a weird glare that makes it look like the anti-aliasing is set to really low. Basically the road ahead, grass, sky, guard rails, etc, all look kinda choppy, and only thru the aeroscreen (not when in roof cam or chase cam).

The car is awesome so shoutout to Reiza for developing an official modern F-USA car, and I think with a few tweaks it could be even better.

• Informative x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1