Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

You´re never going to match performance of 1980s from track-to-track 1:1 with the sim, one of the main reasons being that the sim car has just one spec - maximum. It didn´t work like that back in the day, cars would evolve substantially over the season and in terms of engine output teams would often set up the turbos differently from track-to-track for driveability´s sake. Moreover the sim´s BHP figures are based on official specs - well the Renault of the Lotus is, there wasn´t really a G1M1 engine so that´s not necessarily the Honda - point here being that BHP figures were more often than not over-inflated back in the day, it´s quite possible engines seldom if ever quite had the outputs that´s usually attributed to them, but that´s what the sim car has.

Which as always is not to say there isn´t room for further adjusting, but unless one has the full context behind the figures and an understanding that sim cars usually don´t reproduce that context from track to track, they are of limited relevance.

• Informative Informative x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

On the topic of matching performance, do you see any way - with the tools available - to make the amount of fuel in the car matter more? It seems like especially modern F1 cars suffer heavily from fuel input and race conditions in general (especially less power from the ERS), losing as much as 8 seconds on a short circuit like Barcelona (in qualifying Max was on for a 1,11, in the race he did 1,20's at the start, then dipping in the 19's).

It's pretty F-Ultimate and F-Reiza-specific, this issue - most likely to do with the way their tires work, because while we see large gaps in performance also in the 90's before refuelling was allowed again, this most likely was more due to there being quali and race tires. But I always feel like I'm driving in fast forward when doing a full race with modern F1 cars.

Quali performance, on the other hand, is matched very, very well currently.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do have to say one thing about the AI that I'm very happy with.

Racing against the AI now feels more natural and not so much that they are on different physics then the player. Sure they are but the line is a bit more blurred now.

Prior to the latest RC / update I always felt that the AI had better brakes, better turn in, better mid corner grip and better traction out of the corners which made it more difficult to find the correct strength for the AI. This is with 1300+ hours racing pretty much only against the AI because I'm unable to race online due to personal reasons.

But now (at least with the F-USA2023 which is what I've been racing the most) I feel I can brake just as hard as them and hold the same speed through the corners and traction on corner exit. Sure the AI still needs some work because I'm able to race them at 120 now but it will get better with time so I'm not worried.

So for me the single player portion of AMS2 has excelled a whole lot with this update.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for chiming in, seems like my guesstimate was not far off! :)

5. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

How are you getting p2p to work? The boost button has no effect on my wheel and even the menu screen for the formula usa 23 says there is no boost on the car

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What session type are you trying to activate P2P..?

Vehicle selection Ui will be updated in next build..

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Also if no one has noticed..

The dirt that gets pulled onto the track (brown lines) from going off track now has less of an impact on the players tires and I guess more matching what the AI tires feel.

Prior to this update if you hit the dirt it almost felt as if you were on ice. Now though it's not nearly as slippery and still manageable throughout the race.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

It's an honour to be quoted/corrected by the man himself! I'm blushed :p

All I know is that power figures were estimates, as there were not meters that could measure more than 1000 HP, so engineers had to do a bit of guesswork regarding numbers. We could safely say it was above that?

I don't know how difficult is to plug in lift/drag values on the sim and for it to come out with accurate aerodynamics, but I would guess that if that part works, and top speeds are off the mark, it would point to power figures needing adjustments? Provided that you can get hold of those wind tunnel figures that is.

Sorry if it seems like I'm trying to make your job look easier than what actually is, because I know that it's not :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You have to press and hold down the p2p button and you will see the bar deploying. It is not an on/off switch!

• Like Like x 2
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

With 1300 HP figures, even if it's Max wing it would require drag figures that resemble a barn door more than an aerodynamic device if you just reach 315 Km/h with it. Reduced boost pressure for drivabilities/safety sake is a much more likely scenario.

• Like Like x 4
  12. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

I was at the daytona tri oval on race session

13. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

Thank you!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. DinoM

DinoM Member

15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

P2P is only available for road/street circuits..

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

I did not know this. I am sorry for the waste of your time. Thank you

• Like Like x 2
  17. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

18. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

I acknowledge this! And I now wonder if there is a way to model boost effects in a way that you cannot max it for a hotlap without handling consequences? I recall Berger saying that at Monaco on a Q run, the thing would spin the wheels in the run up to Massanet, even in 5th gear!

19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has handling consequences. Take for example the Lotus 98T, push hard on max boost and your rear tires will be cooking hot, there is plenty of wheelspin now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

[​IMG]

From autosprint magazine. Sabato for saturday qualy, Domenica for sunday warm up.

• Informative Informative x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2