Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. IssaP

IssaP New Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that the dirty air effect is very strong in the F-V10G2 cars as I raced it in a league the last few months. I can't judge how realistic it is (as I don't have any experience in the real car :D) but it may be worth looking at.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

I honestly think those brilliant nuggets of information deserve their own space in a blog, and not buried in a forum where only a few of your customers have the opportunity to read them :)

Being a nerd myself, I absolutely love those technical details. Please keep bringing them!

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI suspension at least on the F-USA 2023 does a lot of bouncing and rapidly.

I noticed this while following them closely you can see the tires bouncing up and down.

Then at the end of any race if you skip the cool down lap the AI takes over and drives while the menu is up and you can notice the same thing as the tires are bouncing now on your car which is making the camera bounce a whole lot.

No idea if this is effecting AI tire grip or anything but I figured I would bring it up and it's been since the start of this RC.

4. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

I remember a quote from Emerson Fittipaldi about the first time he drove on a oval with Indycar that he was surprised by the way the car was setup, he said you needed to turn right on the straights to keep the car straight and release pressure on the steering wheel on the corners, it was really counter intuitive at first for him.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did try it during a race and nothing happened.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With that second image it looks like there is another element to the rear wing down very low where it attaches the the chassis , maybe that had something to do with a little bit of straight line speed loss too?

7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also not after 1 lap was driven? (P2P is inactive for 1st lap).

8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

and @BartZ aswell.

P2P symbol will activate after 1 driven race lap first - you then push and hold the button for "boost" - in Telemetry HUD you will see power figures go up and you will see the blue bar for P2P slowly depleting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is working fine here.

10. Poundlane

Poundlane New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, another great update! even if Beta RC....the Formula Junior is really fun, suits Cadwell Park IMHO. Just having dual sound card issues for some reason, as well as some odd wheel setting changes on G923 - just need to reset and retry to narrow it down

11. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

I know I should post this in the bugs section but I can see that the staff is quite active here, so I'll post it here.

If I try to set up an offline multi class race consisting of more than 3 classes the game fills up the field with only 3 classes. No matter if I do it from scratch or if I choose a race preset it happens all the time. For example the DPi+GTE+GT3 preset works fine as it is made up of 3 classes but when I select any of the Brasilian Endurance preset which have more than 3 classes I end up with having 3 classes as well.

Is this bug only present on my side?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

I really love this feature.:D
    needle movements is so very realistic!
    previous version was very stiff but now it moves like real analog guage.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know if anybody has commented on this yet, but it seems like in the formula USA 2023 when you go from the option tyre to the primary it doesnt change correctly, if I want to see the primarys on the car I have to select the wets first and then select the primary. Tested this at a practise session in Laguna Seca.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

Do any of you know when the new Dallara IR-18 will be released, days or months?

15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Having bought AMS2 on release and being incredibly disappointed, I have continually checked out each update. The improvement progress as been excellent and with this build the feel of the cars as reached a point of being impressive. Well done all at Reiza.

The only thing is that the FFB feels rather sharp and spikey with certain cars. The Formula junior and Formula gen3 seem the worse of the ones that I have tried. Will the FFB be recieving updates in the future or is this something that I need to tune out myself?

Once again well done team Reiza on your excellent work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

In my opinion Barcelona is a tad too expensive considering that the tracks in the tracks in the Racing USA Pack cost only around 2€ (if half of the price is for the cars) and have a similar amount of detail and layouts. Don't wanna insult anyone, but compared to the other premium tracks, this one has bad value. Would be much better with a 1993 version though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Finally, I was able to test F Junior in a race against the AI on the Norschleife.
    The car is simply cool to drive, credible, but imo with a bit too much grip.
    The Ai behaves properly, but is annoying, like nasty mosquitoes they buzz around you and try to bite you if you don't pay attention and cover your line. The Ai still uses the area next to the line, albeit somewhat reduced. For me, it's a death zone from which it's difficult to get out again with the car.
    All in all, respect for Reiza!
    Eagerly waiting for rollout of physics to the rest of th cars.
    Very entertaining!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is the modern formula USA car in this release?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Oh, hang on, is there no current plan for a 90s version of Barcelona? For some reason, I had assumed there would be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Considering it isn´t on sale yet, how is it too expensive? I would assume there will be a 1991 version of the track coming at some point, maybe 1995 and 2004 too and and some shorter variants of the current track too (and perhaps even the RX one in the Adrenalin pack), they just haven´t been announced yet. Why would they after all the delays with the classic Spa and Ring variants? It´s just asking for trouble.

The basic track layout hasn´t changed too much over these 33 years so it should be a similar job to Cascais and Jerez and much less than the other Premium Track historic versions.

• Agree Agree x 1