Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, I tried it on lap 3 or 4 and when nothing happened I just figured there must be a separate button to the boost button that activates it. I did notice in P and Q it seemed greyed out but during the race session it wasn't greyed out.

2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Which FFB - wheel do you have?
    Without precise information (wheel, profile, own values) can help you poorly.

3. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I would really like to combine the drs and boost to the same button on my wheel. As far as I know no car has both so both are never used at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

yes

5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's available now. The "real" release will be in a few days like Renato said.

• Like Like x 1
  6. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

With historic and RX layouts the price would be justified, but we don't know if these are planned

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't want to start the fire again, but related to this conversation IMHO it is not too critical to be exactly spot on with a certain "working point" of power vs aero drag (within reason obviously).
    What IMHO is affecting more the sim dynamics is really the delta between the highest downforce and the lowest downforce configuration for a given car: in general the feeling is that there is not enough punishment on straight line speed in going high with downforce. Or the other way around there is not enough straight line gain to justify ever going on mid to low DF settings. In general you seem to lose a lot of grip going downward without gaining much in speed.
    So in this respect I consider more important for the usability of the sim to review for sanity this aspect rather than trying matching exactly a specific "working point" of a circuit (Monza/Estoril etc.).
    I've done the exercise some time ago for the Porsche GT1 and even going down to zero settings there is no way to match the recorded speed at Le Mans of 325 kph approx. Even driving superfast circuits there is anyway no advantage in going below wing 3 (out of 6) as the loss in grip is too big for a very small gain in speed and acceleration.
    From an outsider perspective it feels like the relative weight between body drag, undertray drag, tires rolling resistance and wing drag is too light on the wing and too heavy on one or more of the other components.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. PaulA

PaulA Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The F-Reiza has both DRS and KERS.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

It would be great if the in car dashboards displayed this also so we can do away with HUD's if that's how we play.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I just reread the dev notes and it said the estimated price was to be 3€/$ less than other premium tracks, so you could be right, maybe there are not going to be classic variants - or at most, just 1991. An RX one would likely be in the Adrenaline Pack, sold separately, when it comes out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula J and INT both giving random severe steering jolts when travelling straight. So far it has happened at Coroba TC end of main straight and Adelaide middle of main straight.

12. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am using the default FFB a g25 with recommend profile settings. In game 80/50/30/0 gain/lowforce/fxs/damping
    I adjust car specific gain for maximum strength with no clipping. These are in most cases good settings. I have had the wheel for almost 20 years with expience of most sims in this time.

13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It does work for me. You just have to hold down the p2p button and it will deploy.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. LooseyMoosey

LooseyMoosey Member

Sometimes I wish we could have per-car or even per-class control bindings.

The downside of having such a variety of cars is I don't have enough buttons on my wheel for all the controls.

Whatever class I'm in there's always unused buttons because they're mapped to functions not applicable to what I'm driving (Boost, DRS, ERS, TC, ABS, WJ, ARB, headlights, wipers, etc etc)

• Like Like x 2
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. There is an issue with the fusa23 tires. They only in red. F1 Gen2 works fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can have up to three separate configurations saved already IIRC

17. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Do you have custom AI for any of the classes in the Brasilian Endurance preset? If you have, only the classes with custom AI will show up, if this is the case you could add custom AI for the others, or remove all the custom AI from the classes envolved, it's kindda of a pain in the a**.

18. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I have a Thrustmaster wheel and it is a little stronger, i use gain 70 FX 25 Damping 30,maybe reduce it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the P2P different to the boost button? dont think I have seen P2P in the controller bindings

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This. I was doing setups for the BT46 at Monza 91 and going from 70% rear wing to 60% rear wing already made you slower because of all the time lost in the Lesmos for practically no gain on the straights. Unless 70% rear wing in low DF configuration already means almost no wing...

• Agree Agree x 5