Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

Would someone please confirm:

F Classic Gen 4 / Watkins Glen GP / 57 laps / no refuel / no mandatory pitstop / 110% AI at medium aggression:

I ran a one hour qual and all seemed fine. In race trim though, beginning on lap one and thereafter, the AI have a HUGE problem taking T1 and T5 (right-hand sweeper). They simply dive into both turns too hard.

This was the first race in a custom championship but I don't THINK that matters here...

For what it's worth, the AI seemed fine at the following races at Interlagos and Imola with 1.5 physics; so maybe just need an AI setup tweak for the Glen?

Thanks!

Edit: I DID test with both default and custom AI -- same in both cases...
    Edit x2: I tested all the classic gens:
    --All gens have the issue of extreme corner cutting, which at T1 at the Glen is bad. That high part of the apex curb just launches them if they take too much...
    -- Gens 1 &4 (and to a much lesser extent 2 & 3) also have the issue of driving into T1 and T5 way too hard. It's BETTER at lower fuel rates due to the decreased weight, but not altogether gone.

Now, all that said, the classic formula cars are... magical... at Glen GP. They absolutely test your bravery. Love 'em...

Hope this helps...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can confirm this bug as well. Was using the default setup in MP, car seemed to be working fine, went back to the pits, didn't change anything, and it defaulted to shorter gearing (I was maxxing out at 180-190 mph). Resetting the car to defaults fixed it, but I didn't alter anything in the car setup menu when it happened.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Are they hiring any QC drivers to test this or is this what the RC is for

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

What are QC drivers?

5. Don Hunter

Don Hunter Active Member

Quality control. Like everything that’s made usually have people test them before being released, catch the errors, imperfections. I was at the last beta with iracing in 08 and looked for issues that were on incorrect.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

I don't race ovals so I just only tried out of curiosity, so default setup without any setup change but the gearing was so off that it's very evident something is wrong ;)

7. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

G25 is recommended with 0 damping for a simple reason: it's mechanism has inherent damping and adding any additional damping via ffb kills it.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Scarrskey

Scarrskey New Member

@CrimsonEminence I did some more testing with the mandatory pitstop bug and here is what I came up with.

For the player the DQ issue seems to only occur when the player puts on 4 “soft slick” tires in a pit stop. Tested with both f-ultimate gen 2 and formula reiza. Surprising this even occurs with minimum tires set to 0 and replacing with 4 softs. All other tire combinations seem to work appropriately including replacing any 3 tires with softs and another with any other compound in the same stop. I also tested some Formula USA cars and Formula Retro with different compounds with no issues.

Unfortunately, didn't find anything specific with the AI. The entire AI field would get DQ’d on every race no matter what the setup. This included f-ultimate gen 2, formula reiza, stock cars, formula usa, and formula retro. This would occur when minimum tire number was set anywhere from 0-4. The AI was completing a pit stop in every session like they should, it just doesn't seem to be registering correctly.

All the testing was done at Brands Hatch Indy and Barcelona in a single race session ranging from 3-6 laps.

• Informative Informative x 8
  9. Racinglegend1234

Well they have people who do it within Reiza, there are beta testers and then RC testers

10. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

you can find them in the credits

11. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Is a T150 also ideal with 0 damping? This one's also quite resistant as is.

12. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it affects all not directly drive bases. I also have no ingame damping on my DD1.

13. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

????????????????..........

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Racinglegend1234

We don’t know and Reiza probably don’t know. It will be released when everything is done, no need to be mad that we don’t answer questions with no answer

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Tomorrow.. If you give me 100 euro. Maybe. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It's been there all along:

AMS2 users can now select the latest release candidate, currently V1.4.8.1 build 2300 - to access this build, right-click Automobilista 2 on your Steam Library, go into Properties -> Beta tab, and select the “ReleaseCandidate” branch for the dropdown menu.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks

18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not sure what your point is, but its obvious testers cant catch everything and I would think any help will not be turned away. Furthermore, Ive even seen a Reiza team member asking another person to report whatever they find.

Ive also been thinking about testing why and where the long standing rolling start wrong lap count bug kicks in, but Im not sure if Reiza already has this mapped out or not.

19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its almost as if someone switched on the "must use different compounds" rule and you switched from softs to softs, which did not fulfill the requirement. But this kind of rule does not exist in AMS2?

If you start on hards and switch to hards you still get DQ?

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

To address the issue again:
    Out of pure curiosity I asked about this fact.I had already noticed in the last multiplayer beta test also so or similar.
    Indy Oval after boxbesuch setup back to default and no response to this.I was afraid that would be a mistake by me.since I had not saved the setup.So it is a bug after all.

• Like Like x 1