Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That's what I meant!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m just talking about the different stages of how bugs are found. (Might not be 100%, but that is what I’ve heard)

3. Scarrskey

Scarrskey New Member

No DQ on hards to hards or mediums to mediums. It is strictly the softs and only when I replace all 4. Can be softs to softs, medium to softs, hards to softs, etc. I thought something similar to a tire compound rule but what really stood out was turning the min tires setting to “0”. I can fulfill the pit requirement getting no tires, fuel or repair but if I decide to put 4 softs on in the pit it will result in a DQ.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has zero to do with hybrid: Toyota back then had no speed limits to the use of hybrid yet the difference is the biggest among the two in favor of Hunaudieres.
    What is noted in the book makes in the context of the early 90s with less grip due to worse tires and aero and most importantly the old Tertre Rouge configuration.
    Tertre Rouge went from a pretty squared up right hander where cars were downshifting two gears to a much faster corner in late 90s and yet again a milder and faster corner after Sorensen death.
    What was a corner you would get out at 130-160 kph is now a corner you exit at 210-230 kph, often without even downshifting.
    This means you enter the straight at much faster speed, while Mulsanne has largely remained the same 80-90 kph "hairpin". Also on the way to Indianapolis you have 2 kinks that will scrub some speed that you don't have on the Hunaudieres.
    Wind definitely can make things swing around a bit, but if you watch any on board camera nowadays you realize it is largely not factually true anymore for any of the classes that the highest speed is reached just before Indianapolis.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

It is not about the speedlimit set by rules but about the managing of the Hybrid for maximum time gained across a lap. You gain the most time the earlier you use the hybrid on a straight obviously (which is why the MINIMUM speed of engaging the hybrid is used as a sort of BoP), so they would have used the hybrid at even lower speeds in your videos than they are now allowed to.

Also my post was about the GT1s which obviously didn't have the aerodynamic or mechanical grip levels and tertre rouge was only changed in 2007 I believe, so the braking point before Indianapolis will be the fastest point for cars of that era.

6. mmertens

mmertens Old school racer

Well, all this talk about the famous French track with long straights makes me eager to have made it available by Reiza for us to try out where top speeds will be reached , Mulsanne / Indianapolis! It shouldn’t be that far now right? Maybe they can release a modern layout first and then take the time to do a historical one from 60s /70s / 80s?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Racinglegend1234

Maybe they release a modern one without chicanes too

8. mmertens

Yes, that will do for us to be able to run some group C races with a more authentic feel. Good idea.

9. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I guess both base versions(1971 & current) from PC2 will eventually see the light of day, then it shouldn’t be too much of a stretch after that, to open up the full Mulsanne on the modern layout.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. mmertens

Yes, I loved the spirit of lemans DLC, really good atmosphere . I also loved Virtua LM versions of 1977 / 1979, both excellent. On the subject of the Mulsanne straight, I wonder if in AMS2 the GT1 Mercedes will also have replicated the physics / aero scaring tendency to flip on the straight they had in real life?

11. Racinglegend1234

I will try that

12. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

SOON(TM)

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just because you have no speed limit to activate the hybrid does not mean you can do it endlessly, because you still have energy allocation per lap, plus batteries don't stay charged forever.

And still, the GR010 since its inception had a 120 km/h limit to engage the hybrid, it was raised later as a BoP measure. The TS050 did not, but that 2017 record was aided by winds, one of the reasons why it was never bettered in the following years.

Also, don't forget that GT cars also race at Le Mans, and those cannot corner Tertre Rouge nearly as fast as a prototype, but they can go around Mulsanne Corner at the same speed. Those usually are faster reaching Indianapolis.

14. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Latest build qualifying at Donington national in the F juniors, the crowd audio keeps cutting out in vr, everything else seems ok. It's working fine in the race.
    The mirror adjustment on the F juniors is buggy too, the left only has horizontal adjustment when it feels like it, and the right is just stuck.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
  15. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

It's not the same Mercedes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Ok, I will be the guy this time then: It wasn't the GT1 Mercedes CLK LM that flipped, it was the Mercedes CLR a year later :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was the CLR not the CLK LM that one was fine on the straights

18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How about a g29?

19. mmertens

Thanks all of you for the information about the Mercedes!

20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To the detriment of my argument though, all onboards I found with telemetry of GTE cars show a 3-5 km/h advantage on the first chicane, although there is also slipstream and fuel save involved. It did happen to me more than once when racing LM24 on different classes at iRacing; I wonder if I usually had headwinds on Hunaudieres? :)