Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Mine as well. This one could convince some people that haven't been convinced yet if the physics work consistently well on all the different cars. I feel like that kind of consistency has been in the 1.4.8.0 update, to a point we haven't seen before, and I really hope Reiza can keep it going even for the Mitsubishis, F-Rookies and Caterham Superlights of this world. This was where the 1.4. update was sometimes problematic, and now they found the culprit for this, I'd really love them to eliminate the possibility of some YouTube streamer stumbling on one of the five out of 150 cars that aren't quite ready yet.

I'll gladly wait an additional one or two months for this.

• Agree Agree x 8
  2. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Maybe tonight or tomorrow.:)

3. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Correct. As of V1.4. Reiza recommends 0 Damping for the G25/G27 and 10 Damping for the G29/G923. Given the design of these wheels, I would not expect that to change post-V1.5, personally.

Incidentally, if you click on my signature, you'll find a link to a Reiza FFB guide (on the left side) ... plus a couple of other items, too.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, agree, I even think they should keep it in this RC state so more people can test and find as many bugs and issues as possible, so the final release is as tidy as it can be.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I firmly believe there has to be many more Quality of Life improments for people to consider returning to / starting with AMS2. Some examples of annoyances:
    - No option to switch between laps in replays in long races is aggravating and i do not care about "live track" being the reason for not having the option to have a better working replay, plus the "chase camera" has an annoying AUTO RESET, that needs disabling or a toggle !
    - Default Setups servers do not even allow the change of steering lock, brake bias or brake pressure
    - Can't (re)join a server that has a race already going / has qualifying close to ending
    - When joining a server, Your settings will auto adjust to those used on that server, and there is no option to safe "favorite settings" when making a server which would eliminate this issue
    - Default camera when a server is not set to "forced cockpit view" ALWAYS switches the camera to the bumper
    - Microstutters / freezing when playing online. Not very frequent but frequent enough to be annoying and can potentially kill your race when it happens in a bad corner.
    - Hitting a tire barrier = hitting concrete. It makes no sense how tires completely destroy the car
    - No safety car when using full-course yellows and no option to adjust FCY car speed.
    - Headlights are an awful resource hog when racing at night and there are no graphical options to adjust them

Do i like physics improvements ? Yeah, sure, that is a big thing and i very much appreciate it, but there are a LOT of quality of life improvements that should be added to improve the player overal experience. Racing games and racing sims are not just about physics, it is that sure, but also everything around it and the overal experience too.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Agree x 7
    • Useful x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The new physics are blimmin' awesome btw.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The fact that we had historic le mans with ferrari and porsche amd both short and long tail variants was absolutely fantastic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"New content released" message in steam. Does it mean it's live "mainstream"?

9. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it was amazing. I didn't like the first DLC, I think it was the 'Fun Pack', but the rest was god tier. I can still hear that 512S when you shifted in 5th gear, it was a thing of beauty.

The 'Spirit of Le Mans' DLC contained:
    • Porsche 919 Hybrid
    • Toyota TS050 Hybrid
    • Audi R18 (Fuji 2016)
    • Audi R18 (Le Mans 2016)
    • Ferrari 512 S
    • Ferrari 512 M
    • Porsche 917 LH
    • Porsche 924 Carrera GTP
    • Porsche 961
    + Historic Le Mans (1971)

Motorsport heaven.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Barcelona Track DLC was added, which probably means it will be released soon

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Barcelona is now available for purchase at Steam, and my version of AMS2 shows 1.4.8.23.

12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

a BPR pack/mod woulda been nice

a v12 CLK GTR also woulda been nice since that was the model that ram most races, the CLK LM v8 that we got only raced in Le Mans in 98 if I’m not mistaken

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pandytim99

I've been wishlisting a BPR class for quite a while now, that woulda been a dream come true for me xD

14. Thiago Bittencourt Bruno

Thiago Bittencourt Bruno Skkylo in Ams2 Lobbys

Already taken off from the store, maybe was a mistake XD

15. Roy Niessink

I can still see it in the store, and i remember at a previously DLC release that Renato mentioned they cant add DLC on Steam during the weekend, which might be why they already added it today, so it is there when they release the update today or tomorrow:

Automobilista 2 - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya on Steam

16. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

are you joking or are you really?

17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The irony was, they chose the V8 for reliability reasons (also weight ofc) but both Mercedes were out of the race not too long after the start, with engine failures.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

where did you see that they released the Barcelona DLC?, I didn't find it on the store!

19. Pandytim99

yup if they ran the v12 they might had won

there was also a rumor ferrari coulda won if they ran the f50GT but they chose not to after protesting that the 911GT1 was breaking the spirit of rules and could lead to the end of GT1 with homologation specials (Ferrari was proven right later)

Another GT1 that coulda won but didn't cuz their manufacturer chose no to run it at Le Mans was the MC12 GT1 that dominated FIA GT

20. Roy Niessink