Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Testing favorite F-USA Gen3 Reynard 2ki Honda at Road America:
    Is it just me or is the tire wear and flatspotting excessive?

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I had the same exact feeling while playing the Release Candidate. Flatspots happened super quick by making even small mistakes and tire wear from one slide was extreme too. Is it supposed to be like that ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I cant seem to find the second screen on the F usa 2023, I've tried it on a practise session and then the race and nothing, im guessing the button to change the screen should be the same as the F Ultimate gen 2 right?

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The screen change seems to be not in the current update but already mentioned in the changelog - it will be delivered with an upcoming follow-up patch!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Excuse is the right word, like I said it was clear that the FIA would allow works teams in their GT1 World Championship for 1997.
    Also doubtful as the F50 GT was only faster in testing with the unrestricted engine at 750hp while there were 3 Porsches faster at Le Mans than the 333SP in 1997.
    Also like you mentioned the Porsche with the heavy restrictions on turbo engines, which put them down over 50hp compared to the NA engines, were competitive with the Mercs on a few tracks.

But Porsche wasn't even the main argument anyway, it was the homologation specials in general which put the Ferrari F50 GT at a considerable disadvantage, especially aerodynamically. It was clear to everyone at the time that there was no way to compete with a upgraded roadcar against the full race cars and Ferrari was not willing to spend that much money to be competitive :)

6. CrimsonEminence

Yes, flatspotting your tires can take a heavy hit on their lifetime and takes away tread (which you see as average wear increasing in HUD but is actually a segment you have flatspotted on the tire physically), the tire will then also have more likelyhood to flatspot again at the same place for example and you will take a hit on tire grip aswell.

Especially when driving out on cold tires you shouldn't give it the latest braking points right from the getgo, you could also put brake bias further rearwards if you have problems with early locking tires.

What tire wear concerns: Soft tires in particular always had too low wear rates and while wear will still see further polish for 1.5 was wear still on the very low side before the revised tires. Heating them up too much, spinning tires (which has become easier) and spinning the car can lead to increased wear and should be treated with care.

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In facts the video shows the 2017 which, not having any lower speed limit, can push from any speed. You can see the bar on the left with SOC and it's not empty even upon reaching Indianapolis. That condition should favor the most towards the Indianapolis straight the comparison yet it shows a pretty significant difference. Also as you can see and hear, MGU is not used much beyond a certain speed really, towards the end of the straights it's the ICE alone quite clearly.
    As for the GTs it is very similar situation: one thing is to accelerate from 80-90 kph one thing is to accelerate from 170-190 kph. That's all there is really.

8. Ettore

That is exactly why a car like the Toyota shown in the video (which having the MGU at the rear had no lower speed limits) should capitalize the most in the straight to Indianapolis if it was true that the highest speeds were always reached there, yet it is more than 10 kph slower there.
    Tertre rouge was changed again after the death of Simonsen in 2013 for that sake, but again that doesn't change a whole lot the point that since the late 90s because Tertre Rouge was much faster than Mulsanne corner by that time, despite the speed trap being still placed at Indianapolis the fastest speeds weren't reached there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Yeah I meant my region, I don't know about others of course so amended my post :) (edit: actually this one was cheaper than the previous ones. Those are listed at 7.99gbp compared to 5.99 for Catalunya)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  10. Ettore

And this despite the slipstream on the way to Indy...

11. Ettore

I think unfortunately it was ACO rejecting the car as it was too wide according to the rules. FIA accepted the car, ACO did not IIRC. That was a mistake on the part of the designers apparently.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is an indication you need to adjust your settings. Does not occur when things are configured properly. In other words, it's not a bug or a feature ;)

You will likely find the FFB as good or better than rF2 once you have it adjusted properly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I disagree. Steam pages have not been updated for ages - some of the info there is out of date. Only the Premium track pack DLC page seems to have received a more recent update.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Trying the F-USAs (older) I was killing the soft tires at Long Beach on outlap :p Definitely more sensitive to wrecking a tire. But when I made the effort to warm up/bring in a set of hard tires over a couple laps, it was pretty cool, kinda felt the process :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Great improvement this 1.5 on tyres.
    Just a little too violent the flatspot when a block occurs.
    Who knows if it can be reduced a little, just so as not to break one's arms
    :) :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

Hmmm... Sadly, this is not true. I just tried another full length race (75 laps) at Interlagos (same series and race setup) and had a similar result. During qualifying the AI seem fine; but in race trim they overcook it going into T1 and T4.

I'll continue to test other tracks; but so far seems like the problem turns are those (maybe specifically downhill sweeping turns?) after a long, high-speed straight...

Edit: OH, by the way, I DID see some of the spun out cars leaping straight up into the air. I THINK I remember reading that this was going to be addressed in 1.5(?) Did that change make it into the current release?

Edit x2: Just tried F Retro Gen 2, USA Gen 2, P1 and F Ultimate Gen 2 at Glen GP. ALL of them have a problem with corner cutting. The Ultimate Gen 2's do NOT like that T1 apex curb :) However, none of them had the issue of spinning out like the Classic Gen 1 and 4's. So, this issue at least seems isolated to that series...

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the display page on the F-USA 2023, anyone knows what buttons to press to see the new P2P display? Really cool that they added this, appreciate the changes!

18. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

It was so clear that the FIA only decided that themselves after the season was over, so i don't know to who that was clear.

The Porsche at le mans had bigger turbo restrictors, thats why that was the only race where they were trully competitive. Also, they were a works team, while the 333SP were fielded by privateers from the US, running to a totally different set of rules to what the F50GT would run.

Ferrari already spent the money. What they didnt want was to sell cars to teams who would be sitting ducks because what was a privateer championship turned into a full works teams one.

Except of course, they had a works teams themselves, which they didn't want no. And they were right, as opening the champ to works teams killed it in 2 years, not because X or Y cars were quick, or "costs", but because the privateer teams had no chance, so they all left.

19. CrimsonEminence

-

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice to come back to AMS2 after a couple of months off the tools and be greeted by some really profound improvements and great content additions to the game. The 1.5 physics make the F Inter and F Junior the best feeling and handling low powered open wheelers in any sim IMHO. Gone is the ability to just keep turning the wheel to find more cornering grip, which is one of AMS2s biggest driving flaws . I really look forward to these impressive physics being applied to the rest of the roster. Barcelona is a great addition to the track roster too, and an instant purchase. A few other observations:
    • F Junior AI are overpowered compared to the player, and at skill 100 carry more speed into and out of corners,have more grip through them, and slightly more speed on straights. I need to turn them down <90 to have a comparable racing experience to the F Inter.
    • On a similar note, Oulton Park and to a lesser extent Donington Park (especially the final hairpin) still feature overpowered AI, and could really do with a serious AI pass.
    • AI still spend too much time on the grass and cutting corners with no apparent race or speed penalties. Once the physics are nailed across the board, it'll be great to see some real progress made with AI reacting to the game's advanced systems ( pitstops, changing weather, puddles, offroad, tyre heat and wear, fuel use, collisions, damage etc etc) in a way that approximates humans.
    • The environmental audio such as reverb/reflections and crowd noise is now subtle to the point of non-existence.
    Reiza's incredible ability to overcome the various Madness physics flaws gives me hope that they can move on to fix some of the other flaws in the engine such as the terrible shadow aliasing and woeful replay system. Fingers crossed.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2