Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Known bug... Why it occurs, unclear atm. On "must fix" list for 1.5

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Nice update. Have been testing cars with new physics. Some cars are pretty understeery but this can be overcome by changing some settings.

F-Retro Gen 3 McLaren car is quite fast comparing to others. Too fast in my opinion. Little less overall downforce and then it would be good balance.

There is balancing issue on other classes also, mainly F-Classic cars.

3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Anybody noticed a tendency in the Brabham BT52 to loose the rear too suddenly in mid to high speed corners? The last update makes this car manageable but this is killing it for me.
    If this can be fixed with some tune change I'm up for suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

They aren’t meant to be balanced, but gaps shouldn’t exceed 1s from slowest to fastest in an average size track - if you notice differences higher than that please let us know.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

Prove it. Show us documents of when the FIa made the decision. But you can't because you are just speculating right?...

The reasons why privateers could not compete are well known from many categories, one of them is money yes, but there are countless others. Either way, that was the reason why Ferrari canned the project. The "homologation special" rule was not a problem if works teams wouldn't be present. Mclaren homologated a new car for BPR in 1996, but the privateers could fight among themselves, so that was not an issue.

Ferrari had a fast enough car to beat the 911 GT1 easily.

Suzuka was an outlier, due to the porsche tires being more suited to the track.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Renato Simioni

FYI folks there was a silent hotfix earlier addressing some inconsistencies with F-USAs and a few other minor issues that slipped into release.

• Like Like x 18
    • Informative Informative x 7
  7. Richard Wilks

Richard Wilks Active Member

I am glad to hear this.

Plus, credit where credit is due. I am a critic, but i can also say when something is good, and the formula Junior is very good, well done!

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Gents this discussion belongs in the forum (albeit ideally in less confrontational tone) but it does not belong to this thread - take it elsewhere if you may.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Out of curiosity - maybe I missed this, but has there been any mention of additional track variants for Barcelona, i.e. historic and short versions? Would be great if some were planned to be added at a later time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Think it was mentioned that they might add some more layouts

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I thought it was obvious those F1 cars are NOT supposed to be ballanced for gameplay, but instead performance wise be more accurate to what the era was like.Would be BORING if all the cars were the exact same.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

Great job on the update! I am loving the physic updates. The Formula Junior is pure bliss and Barcelona is absolutely fantastic. I can't keep the smile off my face when I am driving!

I did have an issue with Mandatory pitstops. I create Custom Championship, Inter Formula. First track was Barcelona. 30 minute race. Real Weather, 5x time progression, mandatory pitstop with 4 tire minimum. Myself and all of AI pitted around 15 minute mark in the race, changed all 4 tires. On the final lap, myself and all of AI were DQ.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

I'm not saying they should be same. I like there are car differences, straighline speed, cornering and braking. If F-Retro Gen3 cars should represent 1983 season in someway there is one issue and it's McLaren MP4/1C, too much grip. Way too fast or then other cars are too slow. I usually drive slowest car so there is a little challenge. With that McLaren I wipe the floor with other cars in that class. It doesn't matter what track it is. In Barcelona ai is pretty fast with 110 difficulty but other tracks not so. That needs some balancing but I know it's an ongoing process so. I think we need much faster ai.

14. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Despite not being a huge fan of Barcelona, I purchased it anyways to further fuel Reiza's wonderful efforts.

• Friendly Friendly x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday evening I ran a race in the the F-USA Gen2 at Barcelona (which I can recommend btw). In lap 10 or so I hit the 100m board before the hairpin and it took my left front wheel clean off although AFAIK those things are usually light and flimsy enough to no damage cars too much.

That made me think about the damage setting in the gameplay options. I currently have it on maximum - is that too much, in the sense of "more than is realistic"? What would be a realistic setting for damage? Or is the F-USA Gen2 just too brittle?

16. DoomVergil

DoomVergil Active Member

Okay. I tested F-Retro Gen3 cars in Hockenheim 77. Default settings. One hotlap only. Here is my lap times:

DFY: 1.46.5

McLaren: 1.44.8

Turbo: 1.44.7

Brabham: 1.44.6

In my opinion McLaren should be about 1 second slower or making DFY car 1 second faster. I could go much faster with turbos with increasing turbo boost but ai doesn't do it. Ai needs different turbo settings qualify and race.

Second test was in Monaco. Tested only McLaren and Brabham. Steering lock max otherwise default settings. Lap times were:

Brabham: 1.26.5

McLaren: 1.25.4

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the steering hard lock bug yesterday for the first time in months using my custom profile, changed my wheel from auto to 900 seems to have fixed it. Just a fyi if anyone with a csw 2.5 is getting this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. AxisMagi

AxisMagi Member AMS2 Club Member

Glad to hear this is being looked at and further revised for all cars/tracks, ideally would like the wear to be realistic but allow for driving on the limit with a little slip without causing too much damage. The new F-USA 2023 on road course is a good example of well balanced wear.

19. Dud

Dud New Member

The problem with making the performance of the cars realistic is the huge gaps that were present, (depending on track) back in 1983. At Hockenheim in 83 Patrick Tambay was on pole with a 1:49.326 in the Ferrari 126C3 Turbo. The best non turbo was Keke Rosberg in 12th, in the Williams FW08 with a time of 1:55.289, as for the fastest Mclaren that was Niki Lauda in 18th with 1:56.730. I would like it to be more accurate as well, but very few people would drive the NA cars in a competetive race.

As for the speed of the Mclaren, on average in1983 it was no faster than most of the other DFY powered cars. Cant think why Reiza has made it clearly better than the other NA car. Then again the power from the turbo cars in 1983 was much lower than Reiza has modelled. 1983 was the 1st season of F1 I watched, all 15 races live excepting the non European races and I can tell you the interviews of the technical people indicated a power output from the turbos of between 600-700hp, race or qualifying. The races are on Youtube if you would like to see for yourself.

Only Ferrari ran with a qualifying engine for most of the season, until BMW introduced one for Brabham at round 12 of 15, the Dutch GP at Zandvoort. BMW even came out with a statement before the European GP at Brands Hatch round 14 of 15, that their turbo engine was now producing 700hp in qualifying. The premier Motorsport Annual (Autocourse) gives power figures of 640hp for the BMW, 650hp for the Renault and 620hp for the Ferrari. It is unclear whether these are from the beginning or end of the season, or qualifying or race. The Cosworth DFY 510hp.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has anyone noticed it's easier to save a rear punt? Before it was spin out city, but now it can be saved.

• Like Like x 1