Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I dont know if it was by divine will or Reiza's fix, but this isnt happening anymore today, so thanks I guess? :D

2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That was hardly a kiss, there where other impacts that did nothing to the suspension of the cars. The Glickenhause at the the exit of a left hander that caught many drivers due to the kerb is an example (don't know the corner name).

3. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

Honestly these silent updates are not a good thing. Please have a hotfix news post. As a example of this, me and my buddies did some oval racing at indy with the new indy 23 with ai. The ai was really bad and forgot you were on the outside coming into turns 1 and 3. We said we would not be doing that again.

I am assuming this hotfix fixes the ai problems there. How are we supposed to know that? I am happy i found this.

Anyways i LOVE the improvements made with trueforce. Even if the default and plus profiles are not entirely tuned yet for the logitech direct drive, they are much better. Now a modified custom profile i have been tinkering with for months, well the amount of high definition detail is amazing.

The new Formula JR is fantastic to drive. I noticed a bug that seemed like it had two right view side mirrors. Also can set the ride height to 0.

All and all totally amazing work folks!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I am now using default with 0 fx for those reasons.

5. cialtronen

cialtronen New Member AMS2 Club Member

a couple of silly question... when I try to move to RC, I went on Steam and I selected the Beta-RC. the code is not necessary, correct? later on steam is saying me "AMS2-RC" so I hope it's working. but in the game I do not have any messagge, correct? also the release number is still the same

6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not so savvy on graphics matters, but also I cannot stand the RF2 graphics flavor. There is something that really irks me with colors and lighting. Not sure how to explain but all looks plasticky and fake no matter how much you up the quality. Night is especially cartoonish to me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

graphics are not the biggest thing for me either but when you got back and forth, it is so noticeable and distracting especially at a paid “laser scanned circuit like Long Beach

8. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is getting a bit out of topic, but after racing on rF2 for couple of months, I started really enjoying the clarity and sharpness of the graphics and sometimes forgot how old it is. I do use reshade on both sims though. AMS2 is graphically really nice, those sunsets and sunrises especially are just amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tried that indy car on rF2, but on Road America and my experience is the opposite. I wrote already in my earlier post, that for some reason that f-USA 23 feel really damped to me (and the default setup really understeery). I got some life to it eventually by turning down the damping in game and increasing gain, but it felt off, especially after reading how much that car especially have been praised being one of the best of the updated / new cars. Not sure why my perception is different.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hear this all the time from people going both directions simply because it is not what you are used to so because it feels different we automatically feel that there is something “off” with one title or the other when they are just different. You may just be one of those people where you and your base prefer rF2 and that is okay but I much much prefer AMS2

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

upload_2023-6-11_19-55-4.png

• Funny Funny x 10
  12. Renan G Flores

Just tried the new update. Although I'm not the best person to say if "new physics are better or worse", I can say that I'm having a lot of fun with the Formula cars. I'm enjoying even F1 22, which is not really for my taste.
    But, by far, my favourite car is the Lotus Typ... er, I mean, Formula Junior. I just can't stop playing those little f*ckers. Well done, Reiza. Well done! :)

That said, I wonder when (because I strongly believe that's a matter of WHEN, and not IF) we're going to see Historic Monaco being added to the game? Maybe in a future "Historical Track Pack Pt. 2"? ;)
    I don't want to know about IFs, but WHENs. Do that and I shall name my son "Renato Simioni the 2nd".

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Renan G Flores

By the way, when I say "historic Monaco" I'm talking about that one with the little jump after the chicane (I think rFactor 2 has this version).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Although AMS2 looks very nice to me and has more graphical bells and whistles than RF2, I find AMS2 has a more cartoonish look in comparison. The night lighting of the cars in RF2 is terrible, but the tracks look nice. However AMS2 runs so much better.

On topic the updated cars in AMS2 for the most part have moved the sim closer in driving feel to the benchmark of RF2.

15. Andre Ramoni

Andre Ramoni Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2023-6-11_20-39-21.png

What's the use of putting the colors of each tire if for all the other drivers they can't see which tires I'm really on, it doesn't change for them, even in the rain sometimes I already have the rain tires and the others see that I have the de dry

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA

JULIO CESAR ALVES SARAIVA New Member

It would be extremely important for everyone to be able to see which tires each one is using through the colors, at the moment there is no point in changing from soft to hard, it always stays in red, and another improvement that is still missing is being able to choose the amount of fuel for the start in fixed setup races, the game is making it very random, with pilots sometimes starting with 1 liter. @Renato Simioni

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No accidents/incidents are all the same.

Right through tyre barriers, got no damage at all.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

that because made by soft tyres... may be:whistle:

19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That remind me that the caddy dpi need dangling parts for the hood and the rear bumper

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Jonty Wells

Jonty Wells Member

Hi,

Just out of curiosity what in-game and Fanalab settings do you run for the wheel?