Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I feel the same. I had tried this file long ago and it was good but with the new 1.5 cars, it seemed to really come alive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, I can try that again. I usually don't have any need to have any damper from the wheel softer or if I did, it was really little.

Reiza should definitely get some Moza bases for testing purposes, as they are getting more and more popular (I guess Simagic too).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

flat spotting seems kinda too strong to me, wish there was a option to turn it off.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. GFoyle

I definitely agree that it can feel off when you try out other sims after getting used in one for a longer period. I had like 250h of AMS2 over the winter before I decided to give rF2 a proper change as well and now have over 150h in that one too. The FFB especially felt quite strange at first and over the top, but after a lot of hours of practicing and racing, it feels really freaking good now. So yeah, I think to be able to know for sure is some sim for you or not, requires really giving it a proper change and putting in the hours (a lot) before being able to judge it properly, even if you don't have instant love for it after few sessions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ayzr0451

ayzr0451 Member

I love it like it is but an option to scale would be handy. You almost think it would scale with damage

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

in the custom FFB file you can

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pandytim99

sadly Moza don't sell officially here in Brazil, maybe the european part of the dev team might be able to get them but here sure there's one or two sites that can import a moza for you but buying an r9 pack with them is more expensive than buying a logitech g pro wheel and pedals + i have no idea how the custumer support would work

8. Pandytim99

As much as we love physics and fixes (and the game need some) the one thing that really attract the general public is content

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Plus, that's kinda a gap in the market. Due the LeMans weekend I was feeling like racing a multiclass race, on the Circuit de la Sarthe simulating 24h in 24 min. What sim can provide me that, with minimal effort? Currently, it's Project Cars 2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. GFoyle

The game has tons of content! I do especially love a lot of the less known tracks in the game, there are some serious gems there. I think it just lacks focus on some of the most popular classes and has too small selection of different cars (GT3 etc.) and is missing some of the bigger name tracks that a lot of those series drive. Also a lot of the cars in the game are not officially licenced, so we have P1, P2 etc. instead of official names and for some us, like me, who don't have that much backround following motorsports outside F1, sometimes it's a bit unclear what is supposed to be what (the cars in the game should contain some written description within the game, similar to how those are described developer notes!)

A comprehensive single player career mode and a lot better support for multiplayer is what the game really needs IMO. Oh and even better modding support.

• Like Like x 2
  11. GFoyle

Moza is expanding so quickly that I wouldn't be surprise if that changes there within a year.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There's a fix for that already implemented in game but sadly not in the UI just yet. All you have to do is stop locking up ;)

On a more serious note I agree that a slider to manage the intensity of this effect would be nice as while the effect is annoying (as it is in real life) it may not be equally represented on different types and strength of simracing equipment. And sad masochistic souls such as myself can leave it at 100% and happily destroy the laptimes until the next pit stop :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Those are official class names in Império Endurance in Brazil.

I agree that some sort of an in-game encyclopedia with quick links to it from car and track selection, motorsport rules etc. could be useful or at the very least interesting. There is a lot of "hidden" knowledge mentioned by developers here and there on these forums that I'd love to see inside the game for everyone to read.

But I also think that there is more important work to do before adding something like that.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

THIS. Like i said before physics updates are nice, cool, but actual quality of life improvements and game content are things that bring people in, not physics. Like the fact there is no single player content still. The reason being physics and AI needs updates, well how about seeing as the open wheel cars already have the new (and hopefully final) physics update and really good AI, why not have a career mode that for now covers open wheel cars ?

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Because Reiza have repeatedly stated that the endgame of AMS2 is a career mode that ties all series in the game together into a cohesive whole. To develop what you're suggesting would mean to push this goal further backwards, because resources are limited.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's nice to have a lot of content for sure, but I've found that, like with downloading endless mods for AC, it doesn't really mean anything if they don't drive well. I'd be willing to wait on more content for further physics and AI improvements.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Pandytim99

Actually the p1, p2, p3 and p4 cars are licensed but they are based on the brazilian endurance championship not WEC or IMSA

an IMSA license woulda been cool thought i wonder how hard it woulda been to get it

18. GFoyle

Oh, interesting. I wish such info was avaible in game (same with backgrounds on tracks). I doubt such thing would be huge undertaking from the development team, just create place in the UI to show those and then hire some enthuastic motorsport person who knows a lot of the history to write the content for those Reiza don't have time for themselves (and translators if the game has localizations).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought 30 minutes every 3 months without even setting up your FFB was more than enough to have a thorough review judging from certain YTers. :D
    Turns out that wasn't a good go by... KEKW

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Pandytim99

I sure hope so, the Logitech G Pro is kinda pricy, so a more entry level DD here in Brazil with a good price woulda been welcome