Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah considering its not the first time I've seen comments like yours or like "why is p2 slower than gt3 in some tracks" i think maybe a imperio endurance Brasil logo on the class woulda been nice to clarify ppl that those are not LMP1 or LMP2 cars

2. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

The problem I think is that even though the cars are licensed they don't really represent any real life teams, I mean most liveries are just fantasy skins and the number of cars in a class are off compared to the real Impèrio series.

Not only that but for example the GT3 class in game have cars absent in the real series and there are some that are missing in game. On the other hand, the Stock Car classes represent real seasons. I wish there was an actual, fully licensed Impèrio Endurance Brasil series in AMS2 as it would be the crown jewel in the game, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

An eminent member of this forum has done the heavy lifting for everyone already, though he doesn't get enough credit for that
    Categories

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

So if you put the car in the drink, do you have to bail out and wait for divers to attach a winch to pull it out? I'm imagining the VR experience of sitting on a boat for for 20% of the race watching the cars from a yacht.

Actually, just a VR spectate position set on a billionaire's party yacht in the marina would be awesome (though a total waste of resources).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Djurre Vandieleghem

Djurre Vandieleghem New Member

difference physics: ams2 and assetto corsa

after the new video of gamermuscle i wanted to compare the physics of ams2 and AC, and see if i agree with him.

first i first drove the formula junior and chevy P1 in AMS2,
    and then the mazerati 250F 6 celinder and the Scuderia glickenhauss SCG 003
    on the track: brand hatch indy

the mazerati slid a lot, even more as the junior,
    but it felt as if assetto corsa, when sliding pulled the car way more out of the slide,
    my wheel (tmx pro) physically pulled the car straight again very quickly

in AMS2 it felt as if the car didn't get pulled straight again as much (huge difference),
    it could be the ffb, that didn't pull my wheel to the center the same amount as AC,
    or it could be the physics that don't pull the car back the same amount,
    or it could be both at the same time.

the comparison between the two prototypes was a bit the same,
    AMS 2 let it slide longer, and in AC if you manage to slide it, it snaps massively

(although i tested different cars, i think the difference is big enough that i can comfortably conclude that AC when sliding pulls the cars way more, and AMS 2 way less)

i also noticed that when going downhill into druids bend (2nd corner)
    the difference between less grip, and a lot of grip because of elevation was a lot more pronounced in AMS2 compared to AC

conclusion:
    there is a big difference, and personally i think AC is more realistic.
    But i haven't ever driven a car before, so...
    at least it's something to look into,
    for the rest the physics felt the about the same (although i was focusing only on what GM said)

• Funny Funny x 8
  6. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Could the sliding maybe be due to setup differences?

7. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Oh boy here we go again.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I'm a bit underwhelmed since I've hoped for some major changes in regards of physics feel.

I did a back to back test with the P1 class at Barcelona and an URD LMP2 mod in AC at the same track.

I still feel that there is this oversteer in every corner, especially low-mid speed corners. It doesn't seem to matter at what speed you turn in, it always yaws slightly and naturally you would like to back off because of the massive understeer you would get but not in AMS2, you just keep turning and give it gas and powerslide out of every corner.

What I could tell in AC from my back to back test was that during midcorner it was always stable until you either got close to the limit and the back came out or you just understeered massively. In AMS2 it was always sliding in some sense and it never understeers for some reason.

It's so different compared to other titles and that kinda annyos me.

With that said it's amazing how good the overall package of AMS2 is, there is a lot of things to be happy for.

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Djurre Vandieleghem

i dont know anything about setups,
    and it were not the same cars i tested

i used the default setup in both, if it was related to setup, reiza could consider changing theirs,
    or giving evidence that AMS2 is more realistic :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Ettore

Or Kunos give evidence that theirs is more realistic ;)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Djurre Vandieleghem

also i think there is little a setup can do when a car is already sliding, (i think)

12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Maybe the AMS2 setups are more oversteery and AC more understeery. I drive the Formula ultimate gen 2 and it has no signs of oversteer on turn in.
    I think AMS2 is more realistic, but the argument of what sim is more realistic is pointless. People will disagree even if they have driven a car IRL. Let’s just stop taking about realism and just say AC might be more understeery

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Ettore

It's no setup matter cause you can't dial away that extreme on-off throttle behavior in AC and its characteristic unrecoverable oversteer under braking if you brake half a meter late or an ounce too strong and terminal understeer as soon as you push the gas. Doesn't matter if you are driving an F1 or a street car. It's always there and it is not realistic at all IMHO.
    Not only this, but even ACC is not that crazy stupid in that regards, which means Kunos themselves have moved away a fair bit from it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Can we get San Luis? please

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a general note to who it may concern folks, don’t use multiple accounts in the forum please - it does not help you push a point home if we can tell posts are coming from the same IP and it can get both/all accounts banned.

• Funny x 13
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

Also another reminder that this isn't the sim-wars thread!

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's very interesting to compared and discuss the differences of feel, ffb, car behavior of different sims, it's just sad that people get so protective of their own favorite or somebody (like GM) comes and claims one is the best and all other's suck more or less that the discussion get's sour really quickly, especially if some specific sim's forum like this one.

Even drivers who pro driver or have driven these cars in real life seem to have different opinions on what is the most realistic, as an example, Daniel Morad, pro GT3 driver said braking in ACC sucks and is nothing like in real life, James Baldwin said a bit of opposite at some point.

I hope the designers jump in and drive other sims as well, to give a bit of perspective. Would be really interesting to hear what they think of other titles what comes to physics, FFB and such.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. bravotangosix

bravotangosix The flying busman AMS2 Club Member

Wait! There's a sim wars thread?? :eek::eek::whistle:

• Funny Funny x 12
  19. CrimsonEminence

It's not really ethical or professional to in-depth analyze other peoples projects publicly when you are more deeply involved in a similar own project. There is a reason why it's so rare.

There is no issue with comparison, but when it comes to "they need to prove this - no they need to prove that" after 3-4 posts i'm inclined towards not tolerating these discussions for long, especially in a release thread. At the end nobody wins.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

No. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1