Automobilista 2 V1.4.8.1 & Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya Officially RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 2, 2023.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Want to find out how realistic a sim could potentially be?

Jump onto a rental kart and test it yourself
    ! It is cheap and it is widely available... AC, AMS1, AMS2, rF2, all of them have karts. Why not go to your local rental kart track, give it a go, come back and compare? That is the best we common folks can do.

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Mikk Schleifer

Mikk Schleifer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

6 Minutes later from Crimsons appel and another reply hits us like the climate stickers‍♂️ Havin holidays in hot summer times today and all I did was drivin the junior on Arj's full default server four hours made me forget the things i was told having done till evening‍♂️ So guys just enjoy what we have become here with 1.5 physics and start your engines, feels and sounds way better than blabla here and mlmi there, cu on track hopefully✌️

Here is a little trailer from what you are missing:

• Like Like x 11
  3. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

Great job on the tires though.
    I managed to reduce the flatspot strength in the custom FFB.
    It would be nice now to have the black stripe on the tire graphically too.
    In addition to feeeling it in the FFB, seeing it helps realism.
    :) :)
    Thx Reiza!!! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Could just be placebo but the cars released with the new physics are the ones to test if you want to feel the differences between pre/post 1.5 physics. Of course, the new physics were applied to some older content, but they need fine tuning IMO, specially regarding FFB. Albeit you can feel that the updated content has greatly improved, to me it is also possible to perceive that their FFB needs adjustments to convey everything the new physics are capable of. The new content already had those improvements in mind and hence the FFB was also designed around it. Regarding comparing sims, well, it's such a subjective matter. First you have the different game engines. Then you have the developers approach and goals. And then the difference on our ends, like rigs and FFB running. I think those comparisons don't make much sense due these factors. Also, one analogy that I like to make regarding FFB is that it is like a language. Imagine that you have US English, UK English and a foreign that speak English. Each one will have their own accent, will have different tones to the same word, and even different meanings to the same word. But they all speak English. And we all have accents, but we usually ignore it because we are so used to how we sound. And do it is FFB. Jump from one Sim to another and you will fell everything is kinda weird. Give it time, your brain will get used to it and fill the gaps and suddenly you are understanding what is the message the FFB is conveying to you.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Anybody got any tip to heat up the formula retro 3 tires? Specially the fronts.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

image0.jpg

Sorry, i couldn't resist :D

They don't heat up that quickly indeed. What were your ambient and track temperatures in the scenario of cold tires?

• Funny Funny x 30
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So that's why he's named "BURNY" Ecclestone... :eek:

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Turbo Granny

Ambient is 21º C and track 36º C at Watkins Glenn, its hard to keep the tires above 50º except on the long corners that stress more the front tires, I guess it's just the way those 70s and 80s slicks are? I tried to lower the pressure a bit, earlier I was racing with the track at 25º or something, the front tires wouldnt go above 40º, the rear tires heat up well enough though. This is with the Brabham BT52.

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It can be checked, wether these tires could receive a little bump in heating but it's a special case here:

BT52 is basically a rear engined car by concept and will cause issues with hot rears and cold fronts. The tires in F-Retro classes aren't really the "softest", generating heat for them is rather difficult compared to later years.

These tires aren't the most inconsistent ones either though - means if you are running lower temps (but also over temp) they will not be too bad in performance either compared to more modern classes, obviously having colder fronts than rears will show in balance still - steering a bit more to induce more scrub might also help.

Driving harder and using more front negative toe setting can help, but the BT52 is a special case of being quite easy to drive under the limit now while being very difficult when overdriving with the rear being a quite tricky one.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Turbo Granny

I'll try changing the toe in angle too, driving harder is the tricky part, that thing is treacherous :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The sim wars whenever anyone brings up whichever they think is the most realistic...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 16
  12. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

i don't want to make any argues but i think quality of ams2 tracks is second to none. they made real world tracks. not a treadmill. i really appriciate for their work. and i enjoy to feel whole circuit experience not only in limited track.
    which sim can do this?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I find AMS2s overall quality to be so immersive that nothing can compare...

We'll see what Rennsport has to offer, but there's nothing on the market right now that has the connection between the track environment and the player as immersive than AMS2...

Sure there's bugs, but it's the most realistic for me...

• Agree Agree x 8
  14. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I actually find karting in AMS2 really fun and close to the real thing, havent tried in other games except AC and that felt good too.

Karting is underrated!

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I think the most important thing is to actually not compare sims, one should just take it for what it is and like you said after some time you get adjusted to the new set of reality that takes place in xyz sim.

Sometimes we get too stuck on comparing one sim to another and we prefer one over the other just because it's more familiar of what you expect but that is not the same thing as one is better or worse, its just familiarity.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@Jonty Wells
    I don't use fanalab, the issue returned anyway (it's like a momentary loss of signal then hard lock) so I removed the rim and tightened the tiny Allen screws in both the rim and the base, changed from usb 3 to 2 as well.
    Did a 30 lap race at Spa with no issues so far.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  17. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The whole sim realism thing is pointless IMO. Just drive the one you enjoy most, 99% of us are not ever going to drive these cars in real life ( which is partly why we like the simulator ). I don’t care if it IS realistic, I care about connection to the road and the sim fooling me into thinking I’m driving a real car ( I play in VR ). By that yardstick, AMS2 is fantastic and right up there with any other sim, in fact it’s currently my favourite because there are other very important factors that play into it for me.
    AC might be great, but I spend more time getting it to work properly in VR than actually racing it. And it doesn’t look as good in VR to me on a high end system as AMS2. That being said, I still enjoy it.
    ACC may be realistic, but it’s a dog in VR so that ends that conversation. And yes, I have got it to run at 90FPS but every time they do a new update it breaks and I have lost the will to bother with it. If I want GT3 I’ll download the amazing Thunderflash mods.
    IRacing feels flat and dull compared to AMS2. Maybe it has the most realistic brakes, fab, I won’t be using it to train for a real race anytime soon. AMS2 is more fun for me, and I’m gradually working out where to find online racing as well. Keep it up Reiza, can’t wait for 1.5 to fully release, in the meantime, I’m absolutely loving the Foruma Junior.

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
  18. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

These things are completely dependent on your gear and settings. I get almost zero self-aligning torque in AC no matter what I do compared to AMS2 with a custom FFB file.

19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Basically the racedepartment forums

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A Middle East track pack would be cool - Dubai, Bahrain, Abu Dabi, Jeddah

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 5