Automobilista 2 April 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Apr 30, 2023.

1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

its the least "I" need, i wrote.
    I don't speak for others. Just for myself.

btw, can you meet your virtual "friends" the other day, cheer with beer and have a talk about the fantastic race you had last time?
    Or how he/she/they tricked you?
    Thats also part of my personal racing experience ;)

But don't get me wrong. Everybody should live his hobby like he wants.
    I'm not "social media" telling what you should do and what not :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

I would love to have a career mode, but certain regions would need to be more represented as well some classes being added.
    Lets say 3-4 more tracks around Asia/Australia, the other regions already have career worthy track lists.

The classes added should be
    TCR
    F2
    Super Formula
    LMP2
    LMP3
    Class 1

of course there should be Le Mans, and the game should finally get achievements, with one being "The Triple Crown"

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Egor

Egor New Member

Gentlemens, I think that the Reiza company at least 70-80% satisfied everyone who wanted more classes or online servers from the project, the latest patches for physics and fixes made AMS2 a more than stable and high-quality car simulator, there are presets for single races and a dozen different championship presets (a lot of formulas). But - the championships are not editable, and to create your own - you need to work hard and spend a lot of time looking for information about the tracks, and even if Reiza plans something big in terms of career, as a temporary solution, the developers could add at least one championship for a single passage for each class. The question is not as a career, but that as a solo player with no friends, I have a choice between exhausting races for an hour in ready-made championships and painstakingly creating my own, which takes a lot of time and effort.
    And why are there only four slots for championships, and 5 custom championships? There are about 50 classes in the game, what if I go crazy and still make more than 5 championships?
    And yes, I do Racing Life, it's a cool thing, but every time I go even to Assetto Corsa Conpetizione, I feel pain in my back for taking so long to get at least such a career experience from the game (AMS2) which i adore

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. spikerjack

spikerjack Member

Indycar, F2 and Super Formula are nearly in the same league in terms of laptimes and yes, I know, Super Formula should be a little bit faster and has power steering.

TCR/BTCC would be mega

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I used to think the game needed a career mode, but I've been having so much fun just setting a 1 hour race with whatever class and track I feel like at the moment. I still think it would be interesting in the future, just hope it's not a top priority for Reiza right now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

With the upcoming June update, it has already been mentioned that Multiplayer will be addressed (as in talked about, not resolved) but at some point will Reiza address the future of AMS2? Initially Reiza committed to supporting the title for a few years and have done so.

The partnership with Straight 4 seems to be one of the first signs that perhaps Reiza will move on to more projects and it would be good to know how much longer AMS2 will be developed for. (Not supported as that is probably harder to gauge.) Renato had said he would elaborate on the Straight four partnership about a month ago and as far as I know nothing has been said.

7. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Any partnership such as the one mentioned usually means the current projects are continued to be delivered as per schedule so I doubt Reiza would drop AMS2 completely.

The way I'm seeing it (as an informed guess, nothing cast in stone) that Mr Bell is willing to help Reiza with polishing Madness Engine with a goal to use it as a platform to put new SIM with Reiza then overlooking the physics/simulation side.

Again, it's just a guess but this theoretical scenario actually carries some real possibility of happening.

There are other possibilities too of course, but I want to focus on ones with mutual positive outcome :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 will not be dropped. Still lots of stuff to come. :)

• Like x 18
    • Winner x 7
    • Friendly x 3
    • Optimistic x 3
    • Informative x 2
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, they mentioned the possibility of adding support for the thin outer layer of new slicks in 1.6, which is 6+ months out.

10. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Before Renato's team delivers just one line of code to Ian Bell, Ian's team should fix and extend the multiplayer mode in AMS2. After all, they were the ones who caused this crime with the multiplayer in the Madness engine. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And USA Part 4 :whistle:

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've seen a lot of comments from people on here and on reddit that this partnership means AMS2 is dropping out of active development.

To me this is people deliberately misreading this statement. However it might be worth Reiza / Renato publicly stating what the future is for AMS2 as it sounds like the wrong message is getting out.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This is not the case.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I completely agree...

It's the main reason I have hope for that partnership... Reiza have worked magic with the Madness engine, so much so that even a redesign of the MP is not outside of their scope and abilities... But if someone from Bell's new team has the right idea and it can be implemented in AMS2 then it's a win for both development teams...

All it takes to fix anything is the right amount of time and inspiration...

As Reiza have shown with the physics in the madness engine... Which to date is still a joke to a majority of sim racers because of the pCARS series in it's entirety... It took me a leap of faith in Reiza and v1.4 of AMS2 for me to even see the madness engine as anything else... 1.5 should open a lot of peoples eyes...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Mhad

I know that. My point was I see lots of other people think it is the case and keep repeating it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe Renato will give soon a few words about the future of AMS2 beyond the season pass content.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would not worry about Reiza stopping or slowing on AMS2 dev anytime soon.
    They put so much effort into it already and there is still so much that can be done to unleash it to its full potential, which is enormous. There's literally years of work that can be done.
    That partnership with Straight 4 is probably nothing more than sharing knowledge on some stuff, maybe physics. But only Renato knows and can expand on what this partnership entails exactly.

• Like Like x 2
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

And you think people would immediately believe that communication? Every scheduled update Renato posts a rough timescales and people somehow never believe him. :whistle:

It's an announcement of partnership, not a take over so nothing in that screams that AMS2 is in danger. It means that both parties are benefitting from partnership.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

its normal.
    after every solar eclipse you'll see people like this
    the-end-is-near-homer-simpson.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mhad

Great review of the latest patch and AMS2 in general from Nils Naujoks: