Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Why not just have a "safety car speed" option ? Then the driver would drive slower or faster depending on the setting so that it would be appropriate for each car class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also not sure if its in the pipeline already, but please add the option for adding an admin password which assigns the ingame admin role to the person entering it in the chat. With the current system where it auto assigns that role to the 1st person that enters the lobby, we do suspect that it affects online stability in a negative way when that person is located on another continent than where the physical server is based (when using a dedi).
    It's always a mess trying to find someone that is close to the server location and making him enter the lobby first for that reason. Also you can then expand on said admin role with proper admin controls apart from bringing in a voting option.

For the rest, great content coming again as usual! :p

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

I just removed the other "Le Mans simulator" from my wish list...

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 7
  4. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

Im absolutely loving the support for AMS2. Considering the arrival of Lamas and the Contant that will support it. Debatably one of the greatest times of GTE was the mid 2000s. Cars like the 2005 Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 and 05 Corvette C5R GT1 almost receive no representation in modern Sim racing games. I believe if anybody can do justice to that error, especially with the arrival of LeMas, as mentioned to be coming in a future update, I think Reza is the best team to bring those cars back in all their glory. Also, is it possible to bring the modern FORD GTLM back to support the already very small field of modern GTE cars in the game. This would be amazing.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marquise Schumacher

Marquise Schumacher Member AMS2 Club Member

Are there any plans to ever bring a competition system To multiplayer similar to Gran Turismo sport/ 7? Or similar to Iracing or LFM?

6. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

LeMans ❤️
    Modern endurance cars ❤️
    Historic versions ❤️

Became a Reiza backer when that was announced some years ago, best money spent on a game ever

• Agree Agree x 20
  7. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Rallycross! Cool, I'm curious how my handbrake will react to this:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ben Ho

Ben Ho Member

Reiza, please add more Liveries to Formula Reiza. I'd appreciate it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Check out www.racecraft.online

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

Amazing, congratulations Reiza.
    Is there a circuit configuration (excluding RX) for rally cross cars? For each RX car, PC2 offered an RX, circuit and snow configuration (hope the snow will appear in part 2)
    Not a word for Nascar....?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Reiza! V1.5 Physics on all cars. Then what more do you want? That on itself is already amazing. Then a amazing new free Sigma P1 car.

Then Adrenaline Pack, a must buy for sure. As a rally and AMS2 lover, it cannot get better then that!

"Le Mans with laser scan data, and we also plan to offer a couple of historical versions from the 70s and 90s". Absolutely amazing, a must buy too if it's a DLC. Fantastic.

Then the much awaited for MP fix: "support for auto-advancing sessions without host interaction". PLEASE make this DEFAULT. Not a user option.

And please don't forget to fix the metal sparks in VR, it's the most wanted quality-of-life improvement for VR users. That's my most wanted fix/feature of all by far (fully disabled until fixed would be perfect too, since it ruins the complete VR experience with Formula cars). I really hope that we can see that also in V1.5. For the rest, I cannot ask for anything more and everything is an instant buy and recommendation(I promote AMS2 where I can !).

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I’m happy a Swede is in the sim now. The only two things I’m waiting for now is the Volvo 240 and SNOW

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

db7c4276009897ba88573a34c511ec7f--rally-racing-rally-car.jpg
    I prefer this one

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations on locking down Le Mans. The early 1970s and mid 2010s Le Mans cars and tracks are the jewel in the crown of PC2. I'm really glad they are coming to AMS2. A couple of questions:

1) you mentioned mid '90s Le Mans. Have you considered late '80s Le Mans with the long Hunaudieres, but that also includes Dunlop, Porsche and Ford curves? It'd be a mix of old and new.

2) Is Bugatti circuit planned?

3) really glad to see era specific prototype as well as GT cars in the plans. Are you also considering slightly older and newer cars of the same era? Could I for example create the following grid:

917LH
    512S
    512S Long Tail
    512M
    908/01
    908/02
    Etc. All racing together as on happy family, as they sometimes used to do?

4) also, if you ever include the Ford GT, please include the 1966 Mk II as well as the 1967 Mk IV version, not just one of them. BOTH are iconic cars.

EDIT: I already joined the club. For me there was no question.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

There is alot i have been asking for. Looking forward to Christmas time.

I will get Adrenaline Pack for sure, Kartkross looks so cool. Safety Car is amazing, maybe now the FCY has a 2 laps Timer, except for Nordschleife.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Luís Pierott

Luís Pierott New Member

BEST SIMULATOR EVER!!!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Wow, I'm almost speechless. Just when I think I have a rough idea of what kind of content and improvements to expect, Reiza just drops another bomb like that. Truth be told I was sure we would be getting a non-licensed version of the location, but Le Mans, as in the real deal? Holy cow.

The new content is also very welcome. While I haven't been the biggest fan of RX in the past compared to other racing series, I must admit that I always found the PC2 representation the most impressive in terms of driving behavior. The Dirt Rally series didn't come remotely close to that level of fidelity and fun, IMHO.

Moreover, things like Hypercars and LMPs somewhere on the horizon? Heck yeah. Though I have to admit I am particularly fond of the late generation of LMP1 cars, especially when Audi, Porsche and Toyota were still all fighting for the win. I have to admit that I have yet to see a Hypercar that doesn't look extremely cool in its own way, but in terms of pace - cornering speed especially - those late LMP1s were absolutely obscene, and I would love to get my hands on those. Heck, I'd even take a few generic ones designed by Reiza! Then again, if they won't end up as official content in AMS2, I am sure our talented and busy modding scene can do something about it... :D

Oh, and safety cars are gonna make their way into the sim? Finally? Hell yes!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice!! Awaiting the shirtless, short pants pit crews in the F-retros at Kyalami and Interlagos :p.
    Extremely meaty update and it's sequel is not out yet!! Will definitely sign up to the Paddock Club.
    Le Mans and the increased vehicle limits is great news! The only missing huge milestone for the game is the possibility to save mid race, hoping for a Christmas miracle since that's the ETA for LeMans!!

All in all this is definitely increasing my already sky high excitement for the game!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Le Mans is awesome news... Same with the cars for that track... Can't wait...

Paddock club is epic, hopefully I make it in in time...

QoL improvements are overdue and the fixes on the disconnects are a great help...

That's better than nothing and I hope to see more improvements for the dedicated servers side so it's got better and more reliable pings... At the moment a 350ms ping on a dedicated does not drive like a 350ms ping on a p2p... It drives more like a 500+ ping...

Whilst driving against people in your own country on a server that's outside of your country takes a 50ms ping on p2p and brings it up to 550ms ping... And when you drive against people in your own country on a server within your own country it's over double what it was...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  20. Phil Rose

Phil Rose New Member

Wow! Just wow! I am so excited for this update! We have been so spoilt with this dev blog and it’s only part 1!

Full credit to everyone on the Reiza team for all the work you are putting in to AMS 2, it really is fantastic and we are privileged to be able to drive it!

• Like Like x 1