Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm pleased but ever so slightly amazed you got the license for Le Mans as I'm surprised "they" didn't have this in some sort of <terrible> Exclusive License or something - so happy "they" didn't!

Top work Renato & Team Reiza as ever, continuously producing absolute Sim racing Gold :hurrayreiza:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. nito-ibz

nito-ibz Active Member

Wow!! New hypercars from This year and also More gt3 cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Apart from RX and Le Mans coming to AMS2, the points about grid size and MP improvements are the big news for this update. It just proves my point that Reiza go well and beyond what others would, adding "quality of life" features the community wanted well after any other studio would have abandoned a title.

:hurrayreiza:

That aside, is the Adrenaline Pack still planned to be a multiple release DLC or just a single pack?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

Amazing update. Still hoping Reiza decides “no one’s to be left behind” and brings over the remaining unported content from AMS1, especially Stadium Trucks, Mendig and Caruaru.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. RafaHenn

RafaHenn New Member

falaram de adicionar os LMDH le mans e tudo mais mas gostaria de saber se existe alguma chance remota de termos o garagem 56 camaro ou algo baseado nele pois ele esse ano roubou a cena por ser tão diferente e rapido a ponto de as vezes passar LMP2 na prova FyC2DikWcAQV-qb.jpg

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys may notice that ping isn't everything, there is way too much focus on this number. You can race guys with 300 ms pretty fine as long as there is healthy connection and not too much packet loss for example.

• Agree Agree x 13
  7. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its only having an official race that lasts 24 hours which is off-limits. The new Forza will have le mans as well. But Forza wont get the 70s and 90s versions...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Any MP improvement is undoubtly welcome, especially on figuring out the source of the disconnects.

However, ultimately, I think disconnection is mostly out of devs reach - intermittent network connections are natural and expected. What I believe AMS2 MP desperately needs is a way to reconnect to or restart the race session keeping the qualy results after a catastrophic disconnection event. That would be the bare minimum to have some reliability.

Ideally, though, adding to that we would have a way to manually set the grid order.

These more robust features would only be applied to the dedi server, so no effort would be spent on UI to fit it all. Just loading up from some JSON file with the grid order would be good enough.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. rmagid1010

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 37
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Oh I completely agree...

I can race with 400ms pings fine on p2p... On a dedicated the number is around 200ms... When it's higher then that on a dedicated I'm forced to give a cars width more than usual... 350ms is the usual ping I will see with those in the US and Europe and I can race fine with many of them on p2p... Even bump drafting isn't a problem on the p2p... Not so much on a dedicated...

Packet loss is far greater on a dedicated... It's like there's a funnel point where everything gets backed up...

When driving with those 50ms pings on p2p it's very predictable... When on a dedicated in the same country with the same driver they have a 120+ ping and it handles more like a 250+ ping on a p2p and more room needs to be given as a result...

And the issues with a single bad ping are far more exaggerated on a dedicated, with ghost contact happening between people without bad pings who had pings under 200ms... Which leads me back to that funnelling theory...

For me as a driver who doesn't host these races I don't have access to the packet loss information, I've only got the ping registers in game to use as a marker of what is going on...

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to see these endurance features... One could hope it's about drivers change :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Starting from the pit lane same as iracing would be already a step ahead :D

13. rmagid1010

We can race against people everywhere in the world just fine, its not like an fps where ping is critical

14. GodzillaGTR

GodzillaGTR Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As fantastic as this update is, I am begging PLEASE for 2 MP changes:
    1) parameters to allow users to control the last point at which someone can join and race.
    2) Some way to reorganise the grid in the event of a technical issue. Even something as simple as the user setting up only a race and have the grid be set in the order people join the server.

Ideally a warmup session as well but maybe that is a bigger challenge.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep and more:

Driver swaps
    Set number of tires for the weekend
    MID race save
    Full flag system for offline racing
    Much improved blue flag behaviour for the ai
    Podium animation because after completing a 24hr race you will deserve it :D

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

It's ok when you''re pootling around in a GT or something slower... But on ovals where split seconds make a difference... 300ms acting like 500ms is asking for a weird accident to take place that neither driver thinks is their fault...

And with the ghost punts that happen a lot of angry drivers result as they point the finger at the driver who was 2 car lengths behind them on their screen... This is something that happens regularly on a dedicated server even when all of the pings are stable no matter the track type...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Łukasz Łażewski

Łukasz Łażewski Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay. 30min after reading the update note and 4 pages of great comments I will be that guy...
    Whoaaaa LE MANS i knew it was good idea to stick with REIZA my whole simracing time.

But... Some some time ago on one poster i saw Aston Martin car DBR9 or Vantage. Any info :( ? Missing my favourite brand.

Thanks for update with all new content!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

To be fair the blue flag behavior of the new F-Junior is pretty good if you use a custom file and set it to 1.0, they move out of the way very cleanly for both the player and other AI. Haven't tried it with the vanilla values.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

And while they are at it... can we get those as well? :whistle:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 4.35.17 PM.png Auto_Racing_Yellow_Digiflag.gif

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
  20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

THIS is what i try to explain to people regularly. No point having 100 ping if someone decides to race online using just wifi ..

• Agree Agree x 3