Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

All these 1000's hours of Rallye will hopefully benefit me in the gravel & dirt in AMS 2, hehe

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Please, please be some big ol laggy turbo tin tops. My AMS2 dreams will be complete then.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Wow, fantastic to have confirmation of both Le Mans and appropriate modern and vintage cars. Especially with the period versions of the track, it's the thing that the game does so, so well for me, providing the details to immerse me in any era. Really appreciate the transparency on the timelines too. The new pit crews will go some way towards that too. So the more 70s content you can bring to match the fantastic selection of circuits from that era the better please.

Further AI improvements is also music to my ears as I don't really use the changeable weather much due to this discrepancy in pace in different conditions.

RX and off road stuff... well, at least that's going to be out of the way.

The RX and road cars meant I never bought the season pass as I had no interest in that - likewise I wouldn't have bought another blanket season pass. But I do have the 'Premium Track' pass and the 'Racin USA' mini pass and would really appreciate something like this for the upcoming Endurance content, if that were possible - I'd rather be able to buy a few bundles than end up buying a lot of things piecemeal.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stock Cars are slow and their overall movement is laggy-ish. Same goes for GT3 and GT4. That masks the netcode and prediction algorithm issues a little bit.

I believe the ultimate MP/netcode/prediction algorithm test bed would be a full field of Shifter Karts at some proper karting track, such as Buskerud or KGV. With people from all over the world.

Unfortunately I think far too many people simply cannot drive Shifters due to lack of skill (and not speed) and track awareness, which makes getting enough people for such test impossible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

cheese_france.jpg

• Funny Funny x 25
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Renan G Flores

As for the rest of the dev update not related to Le Mans...

cheese.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  7. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Mega stuff guys, really awesome! My most wanted content for AMS2 were a modern Indycar and Le Mans, and I can't believe we're getting both. Thanks for delivering time and time again! Super excited to see what's next for the game. Kudos to everyone at the studio, you guys (and hopefully gals too!) are doing great work!

Now to wish for some certain famous Italian car brand with a yellow horse badge

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you play with fellow Brazilians mostly? Also like Scar says it seems that there are more of these ping issues running dedicated servers than with the ingame lobbies when you have an international lobby like we do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

With all the great news, I almost let this one slip through... bravo!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure how licensing works, so forgive a potentially dumb question: Does this mean that AMS2 could potentially host the Virtual 24 Hour of Le Mans event next year? Or, is that a completely separate license, and if so, does anyone happen to know when Motorsports Games will no longer have an exclusive hold on it? rFactor2 has botched the event in the past, and it would be an amazing opportunity to really highlight AMS2.

11. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Bigger races at Cadwell Park are going to be wild. Even with the 1.5 limit of 26 cars.

12. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

Any chance we could see the Bugatti layout for the Le Mans DLC as well?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  14. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This photo edit has my full approval. From now on this should be the "Cheese format."

25/10, would omelette du fromage again.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

The licence is still with MSGS... They've even got an official licence for the series now...

But...

The official event will go where the drivers go... And AMS2 is just not ready for an event like that with it's MP issues... They might enjoy the physics... But rF2 is a far better experience when you have a lot of international racers on the same server...

They'd either have to run the event on a p2p lobby and deal with the statistical errors and lack of admin controls or not even bother... As the dedicated would make people like Max quit after the first lag moment...

• Agree Agree x 13
  16. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ahh I forgot about the "Le Mans Ultimate" rFactor 2 mod...oops, I mean "completely stand-alone, brand-new, state-of-the-art game" coming soon from MSGS.

Anyway, I think Reiza could definitely fix all MP issues in less than 12 months if given a reason to do so. Having to host the largest e-sports event would certainly reshuffle priorities a bit I would think, but sounds like that is not going to happen. Maybe someday though!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
  17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

Yeah I see it being another BTCC title... Mods for rF2...

I believe if they made it a priority they could definitely fix these issues, even a complete redesign isn't outside of their scope...

If they can manage to do what they have with the tyres and physics on the Madness engine after the garbage that was the pCARS series than there is nothing that Reiza cannot do...

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Renan G Flores

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nordschleife with 80+ AI going to be fun. <3.. Maybe leagues or open lobby's too... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having Le Mans was anticipated, so while no surprise, it's so satisfactory to read the announcement! The new cars ARE a good surprise though! And I'm so looking forward to thrashing the kartcross around dirt tracks! :)