Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

As someone who does have access, having hosted the dedi for one of the groups you are talking about, it is indeed far more often a problem with dropped packets than ping times.

Packet loss isnt greater on a dedi from my experience.

You keep pushing this barrow, but as someone who has run a dedi for quite a while, your claims dont match my experience.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I don't even have words for this right now :D:D:D:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Very cool update. Excited to see how the AJR is different with the 2023 spec. Is the previous version being deprecated or will there be a 2023 P1 class?

I'm very happy the safety car is finally arriving and myself and many others will very much appreciate the period correct pit crews.

Excited for Le Mans, its historical versions, and more endurance content. That is my bread and butter and it's great to hear we have more content coming covering several decades. Seems 2024 will be a great year to be an endurance racing fan for AMS2.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. GoobMB

GoobMB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There is not enough hype for RX and autocross content here so I really have to throw some around.
    This is the content I have been looking forward to the most. Please be it great, be it awesome and be it less arcade than PC2 or DR2.0 - LFS is my meta for RX.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

RX needs good contact physics to work. RX is a contact-racing-sport. Not clean racing, but not a desturction derby like Wreckfest, either.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

Crosskart needs good hill climb courses...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I'll keep pushing the barrow until the in game evidence doesn't match it... Like in that race at Jacarepagua where one bad ping caused ghost punts between stable connections (even under a manual safety car) and a lot more contact than that league usually experiences... And that's with everyone in the same continent...

I'd really love to hear from the experiences of Brazilians racing other Brazilians on your dedicated servers as that's where the issues would largely reside, the host and anyone close to the servers physical location wouldn't see the worst of it...

But an Aussie vs another Aussie on a US based server can have ghost contact 2 car lengths away from another car with stable connections from the entire grid...

Let me introduce you to a league host who experiences all of these issues regularly as Aussies race other Aussies on their US based Just Race server...

Could there be something in their dedicated server set up that is causing bad predictions to other Aussies who are completely stable in the p2p lobby that we both join afterwards?

If that's the case then it's not a well known fix as it's the same wherever I go on a dedicated... I have to give more space as the pings aren't representative...

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Also I figure it's worth noting- the Polo RX being confirmed means we can add yet another car to the list of cars that have been in the livery overrides folder forever that eventually made their way in (IIRC, the only ones not announced or present currently are some Lamborghini models and an MP4/8)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the confirmation for LMDh and newer GT3 along with Le Mans.

This game is a love letter to motorsports.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 1
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

So, LeMan officially confirmed!!
    Next up: Fictional Tracks Pack!! (hint: Bannochbrae)

11. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Le Mans?????????????

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  12. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

And I will just pop you on the good old ignore list.

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm in New Zealand and race with MoonieGT discord group and they are all based over EU/ENG etc we run it on a dedi server (only proplem we have is if you see someone teleporting around ask them to leave and rejoin) you don't get those ghost punt's have not had any trouble have raced with aussies etc and always had a slew of proplems which i don't understand too lol

14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

So you always had a slew of problems with Aussies and no troubles with the EU based drivers?

I normally don't have a problem with EU based drivers, except when on a US based dedicated... Then it's a little sketchy, but not as bad as racing other Aussies on a US based dedicated...

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

To emphasize it again: It's not "ping"-issues. This isn't that simple.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, at this point you've repeated your issues with the different lobby variants often enough. You shared anecdotal info (which in some cases can be confirmed) and explained things technically not accurate several times. Feedback is always appreciated but it doesn't need to be posted with almost each message in a thread or with flawed base of information.

This is still nothing based on technical foundation of information. There is no reason to keep pushing on something when it's already known, acknowledged and in a process of investigation. It becomes grating and repetitive and hijacks the thread which isn't desired.

The issues are known, no reason to be repetitive. Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. Apex

Apex Active Member

That update was the bomb! There's a bit for everyone, isn't there? Mustard!

Personally I'm most excited about the early '70s prototypes, and of course massively curious what they might be. Given that we now have Spa 1970, the Ring and Monza 1971 I hope the LM track and the cars will be set in those years as well so we could get a nice little WSC thing going, hint-hint see avatar. Wait, did I somehow make this happen?

And oddly I'm equally excited about the period correct pit crews. It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while, and I think it will really add some mojo and juju to the overall immersion. I wonder if they will be track-specific or class-specific? Maybe the former will make more sense as IRL people race vintage cars on modern tracks with modern safety gear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

If you read anything about AMS2 (even in this thread) you can see that they already have a good reason to do so and it's been going on since PC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rivanov

Rivanov New Member

Very cool update!

20. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I hope the addition of a halo visibility setting will mean the F-USA G2 will get a proper halo pillar back instead of the blade it's currently sporting.

But generally what a dev updates, oh my god, the next year is going to be wild for AMS2!

• Agree Agree x 2