Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Le Mans Classic is on the full circuit! The Bugatti track is just a glorified car part for that event.

LIDAR tech is only going to be for the current years - I'm sure it's useful for the layout but all the elevation changes would need doing manually whether it was 80s or 90s.

Agree with you about Group C but if they had to choose between a 'GT1 era' circuit or a 'Group C' era circuit, then understandable one was going to miss out. Hopefully a 'no chicane' option for the 90s one will allow those low drag aero kits to shine for Group C too. I really hope the cars alluded to includes an Aston Martin AMR1 to expand that grid even more, best sounding one of the lot IMO.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Really glad about the configurable Halo. It will definitely be the incentive I needed to use these cars.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dhansi09

Dhansi09 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are a lot of other real photos of the 2023 AJR which they could have used - so I think this photo is a typical „reiza‘s way of show what is coming without announcing it“

Maybe we will see an offical Endurance Brasil Series licence within the next weeks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. baragwin

baragwin New Member AMS2 Club Member

As the full track use legal roads in some parts, i am surprised they have the autorisation to use them outside of the "big" 24h du mans...
    Well, i will go to LMC for the first time next 1r july (at the porsche experience center) so it is a good news ^^

ps : i drived several times on the Bugatti, with cars and bikes, and it is really a fabulous track ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I think just having a "no-chicane" variant of the 90s layout is the best way to go about this, the layout was almost unchanged between 1986 I believe and 2002 (bar the chicanes from 1990 on) when they did some elevation changes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Active Member AMS2 Club Member

"The efforts likewise continue on the Multiplayer Development front - although the digging through the net code that has been ongoing for a few months now is unlikely to result in significant improvements in time for V1.5, we do expect to sort a couple of potential sources for client disconnects as well as some valuable commonly-requested QoL improvements such as expanding of voting options, support for auto-advancing sessions without host interaction and adding option for host to join as spectator

One of the cool immersion boosts already secured for V1.5 is the addition of a Visible Safety Car to lead the field in rolling starts as well as whenever a full-course yellow is triggered."

Wow, MP improvements again after such a long time. It gives me and certainly many more hope (greetings to MABIX).

When can you start using the improved online streaming TV tool promised from the start? I think it's about time that we can also show AMS2 online with a real live professional broadcast to the world out there, right? ;-)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Just because you may not see or hear about regular developments in a given area, it doesn’t mean we are oblivious to it :) some improvements are harder to come by, they either take a long time to come together or are simply a matter of digging until you strike some gold. We have been digging on the Multi front for a while now.

We don’t think this, or regular officially scheduled races would make sense until Multi is running more reliably, and has enough options and resources for that to be made best use of.

I know you and some others would like to hear concrete news and schedules for improvements to arrive, but we can’t offer that yet - best we can do for now is to keep letting you all know we are trying for them.

• Like Like x 30
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The thing I'm hoping for is that the "new early 70s-mid 2000s vintage prototypes/GTs) means we get more fleshed out classes to compliment the existing ones, I'd do a lot if it meant we got some proper GT2s to spar against the GT1s...and don't get me started on the idea of 70-71 Group 5 or LMP900 and 2000s GT1 coming to the sim :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well it's not as simple as that, for one, have you compared the quality of the Reiza tracks with PC2? PC2's are passable but Reiza's have much more attention to detail and the road quality is much better.

I believe they use some trackside objects but that's all, the other stuff is all scratch made. I saw a post on another forum from a Codemasters rep that said tracks can take 6 to 12 months in being made, and that's Codemasters we are talking about, probably the biggest racing game developer at the moment.

So after I read that I am much more impressed on the speed and quality of Reiza circuits!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Apex

Apex Active Member

I beg to differ, or rather I suppose it depends on how you set up the event. In more modern cars, fair weather and full daylight I agree it would feel like an endless take-off run. On the other hand if you go for the full 24 hours with time acceleration, mixed weather, and early '70s suicide machines, the Mulsanne does feel like a welcome break after a yet another lap of hard work and intense concentration, and yet you've got to watch out for puddles, debris and other drivers doing silly things.

One thing I think would be really cool if Reiza could implement, especially in a LM multiclass context: Flashing your lights affecting AI blue flag behavior, perhaps especially in certain areas of the track, much like the ERS zones on the modern F1 tracks. My point being that LM is very much about dealing with traffic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Apex

Apex Active Member

They would be so appropriate for Spa 1970, Monza 1971 and the Ring 1971 too. Oh boy! I'd probably quit my job and get divorced if that materialized.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are mods available in some places where you can bring some PC2 tracks directly into AMS2.

If you do that, you'll see that the graphics quality of the PC2 tracks are lower than AMS2 tracks. Shouldn't be surprising, because AMS2 was targeting computers from 6 years ago and Reiza is targeting computers from now.

The physics are also slightly different in ways that Reiza probably knows about but modders haven't figured out how to fix. And the track limits don't work because Reiza made some changes to how those work.

And, of course, the licenses. Reiza has to pay to license any real world location that they're going to use. Also, Reiza doesn't own the SMS assets. If they wanted to use the PC2 Le Mans, they'd have to get the Le Mans license from the ACO, then make a separate deal with EA to include the SMS data file in their game.

A lot of content overlaps between PC2 and AMS2, so none of these problems are insurmountable. (They are going to add Le Mans to AMS2, after all.)

But for Reiza, it's not as simple as ripping the tracks and cars out of the other game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Group 5 is probably one of the biggest omission in AMS2. We have so many amazing tracks for those cars, along with the licenses in the game that can be expanded to add those cars. Not to mention, SMS had made some really good models for the group 5 too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Looking forward to more info on the Rallycross dlc, hopefully Reiza implement the mp portion better than SMS and have a joinable practice session like iRacing.

PC2, you had to setup a lobby and just wait, hoping enough users would have the patients to get a decent grid, cause once you proceeded it went to race and no one else could join.
    Not having a mp practice session, also lead to poor racing and rage quiting.

The poor implementation completely killed any hope of building a Rallycross community, which sadly, had great content otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Apex

Apex Active Member

Random thought: If someone would ever make a movie about Mario Andretti's life, Mario should be played by Jon Bernthal.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Good gravy, didn't expect an update this hearty. So much new stuff to look forward to. Never a better time to be into AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And this is just part 1 :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

After my first readthrough I thought part 2 was the deeper physics dedicated update, but now that you said this and I reread that part again it looks like there will be a physics dedicated update in addition to that part 2 dev update!
    There is going to so much to read, can't wait :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Valber Carvalho

Valber Carvalho New Member

Parabéns REIZA, sempre no caminho certo!
    Nesse sentido, espero que nesta atualização ou em futuras, seja implementada a detecção e banimento de usuários Multiplayer que usam de má fé utilizando hackers e códigos para aumentar a sua performance, limitado pela incapacidade de competir de forma legal.

• Agree Agree x 2