Automobilista 2 Paddock Club - What it is and How to become a Member

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Goulart

Daniel Goulart New Member AMS2 Club Member

Still no way to brazilians being able to join the club? Reiza didn't send a word about it either...
    It's really a shame, as I think there is a bunch of brazilians who would love to give support to this brazilian company...

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Probably not Reiza’s fault, but maybe they will keep it open a bit longer after PayPal fixes it issues

3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Yeah, still no kind of response from anyone, nobody gives any kind of word if they are even looking into this. Other people in this thread with other kind of problems got support from Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

I think its more a problem with Reiza choosing only to accept dollar as payment and how paypal works here in Brazil.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would argue in solidarity with the Brazilians that they should be admitted for free....;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. AdrianJ

AdrianJ Active Member

I did pay full whack for ams2 (& was happy to do so) & season passes
    so holding off for now on the paddock pass

happy to contribute again though at some point

so much content now so much more important to me is the smaller things like mirrors are not correctly adjustable (formula junior) & VR replays broken & so frustrating to use even putting on roof view then clicking to different cars the view changes by itself then buttons become irresponsive as if designed to annoy the user
    new tracks/cars irrelevant to me at this point

Putting the moaning to the side
    big thanks for hard work & it’s becoming a great sim

• Like Like x 3
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How long will this be open for? So all future DLC is included in the price? I have nt had the time to read all the posts in the thread.

8. Rafael E. Martín Candial

Rafael E. Martín Candial Member AMS2 Club Member

eagerly awaiting all the improvements and additions in Automobilista 2!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Limited time but no deadline given. However even though it does include DLC to come, the price you pay now it's not necessarily cheaper than what they are going to retail when released.

Its more of a way to get access to the beta and contribute in the game QA, the more people testing the game, the more bugs can be found and squashed (hopefully).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When do you receive an email after becoming a member? I'm yet to receive one.

11. Hobbs77

Hobbs77 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here..... And this game doesn't even have half the game play or content of PC2 and now they want another $100 for the "Paddock Pass" without a long term road map.Great deal for the original backers....Not so much for the rest of us, IMO.

I almost pulled the trigger but then started thinking.....In 3yrs I've put in about 150hrs with this game. 95% of that time was probably spent just testing the updates and any new content just to see what's new and how things are coming along with the phyics ect. So I've already invested over a $100 just to be a tester and IMO was money wasted.....So for me, I'll just continue on as is....

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Should be close to instantaneous to the email connected to the PayPal account used

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Dainamo

Whoops, was checking the wrong email. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

$100 is pennies compared to most sims. You can drop that with just a few tracks and cars in Iracing or just a couple of "packs" in rF2. If ACC actually ever released any new tracks or cars it would be the same. RRE and AC are the only other sims that relatively cheap but this will give you access to every DLC past and future including the Adrenaline pack and I assume that will not be cheap as it will include multiple cars and tracks. Plus Le Mans and the cars that are being added with it. Not to mention Racin USA Bonus pack. This is not even mentioning that you also get access to beta testing to get early access and instant feedback to new content and improvements. However I am a AMS2 fanboy so I signed up immediately with no doubts or reservations.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Jean-Yves Mercy

Jean-Yves Mercy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As Renato explained very well, when you take the time to read and try to understand, it's simply not for you:
    For that to be preserved, we find important keep membership numbers reasonable and restricted to those who absolutely get what it is about - if you are just looking for a good deal and a chance to play updates early this probably is not for you, not least as playing early beta builds can often be cumbersome and there is no assurance the value paid for membership will grant any discount over buying the DLCs individually upon release (nor that you would be interested in them in the first place).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dainamo

Considering all the high quality content you get, and the hours of fun I've already had, in addition to the fact that it's a constantly evolving sim, and having access to the beta, I'd say I'm getting my money's worth. Even though I probably would've became a member beforehand anyways, I'll admit the latest physic updated cars definitely helped my decision.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Joining the club is definetely on my to-do list, as soon as my money situation goes from "absolutely broke" to either "can get away with buying it" or "stopped giving a **** and did it anyway" :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

That's true if you live in a first world country to be honest. Here in Argentina $100 is a hard pill to swallow to be in, and even more in comparisson to Steam regional prices, so from the future DLC value perspective the deal is attrocious, and if you don't care DLCs and want to to opt in to beta test to probably have a say to the devs early in the dev cycle, it's also expensive putting it in context with this country's economy and other options in Steam :-(. To put it in perspective, an iRacing subscription trough Steam costs $10 for a year here.

It's not Reiza fault at all tough, I understand their reasoning and why they do this thing the way they did. It's just a ME problem, so my apologies to all for venting out my frustration with my country's endemic economic problems.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean, with what you wrote the whole game is not for you. I actually have double the time played in AMS2 compared to PC2, at the end of the day, the money is yours and to each his own.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do agree that it should have regional pricing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.