Automobilista 2 Paddock Club - What it is and How to become a Member

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

To add to this Player vs Player collisions also react very unconsitent. It often happens in session that one car "cuts" throug another car with high speed differnce mostly unharmed while the other player car,the slower one, turns into a wreck. It often seems like the impacting cars just deals damage and the impacted one only absorbs most of the damage. A bit like it works in Wreckfest.

This was already a often ocurring issue in PCARS.

2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I really struggle to understand that whenever people don't like Reiza's current interpretation of x, y or z physics why they have to come up with the good old 'arcade' nonsense. Is it the lack of another word or what is it? I've played Outrun and Trackmania, being glued to walls after hitting one was not a thing, really.

Obviously collision physics are a bit further down the priority list, because, you know, the point is not to collide or crash. ^^
    There's so much footage of other titles where cars get sent to Alpha Centauri after being hit from behind. I haven't noticed anything strange when hitting a wall or something else tbf.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. codeREDsim

codeREDsim Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally I think there has been a big improvement here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I appoligized in advance, was not enough...
    Arcade means simplified, unrealistic physics. For me, collisions are not at the same development level as tyre model or FFB, just to mention some complains from the past (pCARS2 heritage, REIZA been solving over the time).
    What I want to know, given the thread, is if this is a concern or not to Reiza...
    If it is not, it will never get solved.
    If it is a concern to Reiza, then I'm in as a "supporter" (that's what Automobilista 2 Paddock Club is all about).

"The point is not to crash", really? What argument is that? It's a perfect sim but you cannot crash?
    See @McClutch examples... I see the same, as if all impacts were obsorved by one body and the other gets away with virtually any impact at all.
    I like to see a bump into another car resulting both getting upset, unbalanced, perhaps getting out the track. That makes me be more carefull, realistic, about the driving, hence the immersion breaker.

Racing is been on the edge, an external sudden force SHOULD unbalance the car most of the times.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Ricky

Ricky New Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't received an email either (it's been a couple of days and I've checked the spam folder of the account linked to PayPal) but the "AMS2 Club Member" badge has been applied to my account and I have access to the "Paddock Lounge" forum. When convenient could @Dave Stephenson please investigate? Thank you in advance.

6. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think nobody here can really judge if it is simplified or not compared with other titles. I personally can't confirm what you're saying, so there seems to be completely different perception. Just yesterday someone missed their braking point because the marker was gone, crashed into me which resulted in a spin for both (I think) or at least it unsettled the car. Is it perfect and totally realistic? I don't know. I think it's good enough. IRL bumps and hard racing does not always result in both cars having to end their race either.

'The point is not to crash' means that the focus is on the driving in terms of physics because the driving happens all the time and crashes a lot less, even if MP sometimes suggests otherwise ^^) other titles do the same.

The thing is, there was a huge debacle in the sim racing community about the Madness Engine and the false claims that it is 'arcade' somehow, while it was simulating stuff other titles didn't. If you want maximum realism and immersion you have to turn full damage on, which means you have to drive as if you're driving a real car because you might lose a wheel or something and the race is over.

I get that you care about collision physics and that's fair enough, but do we have to call it 'arcade' because we don't like it? I don't think so.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Guys this is NOT a physics discussion thread - take it to one of the several hundred existing threads please, came to see if there was pertinent AMS2 Paddock Club question in need of reply and I´m having to dig through much of the muchness you keep banging on about, which honestly begs the question why are you even in this thread to begin with. Let´s have a modicum of discipline as to how to use the forum please or we will have no option but to start imposing some.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. cialtronen

cialtronen New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Renato. I subscribed the Club and I received a mail with a "Your Automobilista 2 + All DLC + AMS2 Beta key". Do I have to insert it only if I want to test the Beta, otherwise it's not necessary, correct?

9. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

I think you'll need it to "upgrade" your recent version to get all future DLC for free...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. cialtronen

tbh... first I did then I added the msg.. :whistle:
    after the mail the 2 keys, I run the activation on Steam. Now I noted that:
    • Your Automobilista 2 + All DLC + AMS2 Beta key => it's a second installation, correct?
    • Your Automobilista 1 Ultimate Edition key => it's just indicated as "Automobilista Beta", is it normal?

Attached Files:

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a single key thay unlocks everything you don't already have for AMS2. If you do not wish to install the beta you don't need to but you must activate the key to get the current and future DLC items

Yes that's normal, owning the beta will also unlock all the AMS1 content in the same way the AMS2 key will

• Like Like x 1
  12. cialtronen

Ok, all clear, now I got! Thanks to everybody!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Renato Simioni

We don´t expect to keep this open for much longer folks - it will stay up at least until a few days after Dev Updated Pt2 so everyone gets the last call, but not much longer.

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Waiting for the Brazilian “edition” of paddock club

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

But when is Pt2 coming out?:p

16. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Awaiting for an alternative outside Paypal.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Renato Simioni

Those last few days will include an option for Brazilians.

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

Pagamento via PIx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perfeito ai deposito via Nubank dependendo do preço kk

20. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I automatically became a member due to past purchases, but how do I pay for the now future content as part of this initiative? the links saying click HERE only show me a page with the message "you are already a member..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.