Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I love Le Mans. I like the flow

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Boring is hardly what i would describe driving the group c cars at 240mph

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Macau >>> Singapore until you get to that damned hairpin that puts Monaco's to shame in tightness :eek:
    Hey, at least we have a good selection of mid-2010s GT3 cars to remake that one video with in an average online lobby

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I know it only semi-fits right now, but with Le Mans and 90's and early 2000's GT and LMPs being mentioned:

What a car :D

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In ams 2 you don’t need to own the track to play it online but then they have to fix the online … well…

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Derishk

Derishk Member

Le Man readability is just not that good and make is learning curve quite steep. Looking forward the AMS 2 version to improve my knowledge of this track!

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was he driving with dry tires? You can see how quickly the car steps out, but also how quickly it gains grip right back after decreasing the throttle.

8. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

They were on inters/wets the whole race, there is a full replay on Youtube as well.

9. _Was

_Was Member

PT1 update when steam summer sale finish, and pt2 next week

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  10. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

*pokes Reiza*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Fantastic car. Those have been the ones you had to defeat back in time. Hope it will be added to the roster at a later stage.

I doublechecked what track I spent most time so far in the main game. Cleveland with around 1,785km (used it as test track for several cars), followed by Indy and Daytona not far behind. I guess Le Mans will be on #1 after a few days.

Generally it would be great if the player stats could be extended a bit. E.g. to see the full list of cars and tracks with hrs and distance you ran on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dmand

Dmand Active Member

[​IMG]

TeeHee

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

To the best of my knowledge none of us are actually driving on a real track at your 240mph.
    We are sitting behind some kind of table (or some kind of illusional "cockpit") holding on a plastic wheel.
    That is slightly :whistle: different my good man :p

14. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Plastic? On a Asateck? Damn thought it was all aluminium

15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Plastic or aluminium.
    Yeah it makes all the difference between illusion and realism - right?;)

16. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

To be completely honest, I like the never ending straights followed by hard breaking zones before slow corners and the mid speed sectors. It's like a huge Monza.

BUT, ASM2 already have one other circuit that do that even better that is the classic version of Spa-Francorchamps.

BUT² in RL, the modern Circuit de la Sarthe is relatively safe to race, at the time that the classic Spa is literally a deathtrap... and the Belgian circuit is completely different today, so for immersion sake (and if you really want to drive on the real venue) Sarthe is probably the only track in the world with that proposal... and, even compared with the classic Spa, it have more mid-speed corners, making it way mote interesting IMHO.

Anyway... I believe that it will not be one of the most used tracks on online racing. BUT³ if Reiza deliver a good quantity (and quality) of endurance cars and do the proper development to the game features (as the option to save during races, as an example) and turns AMS2 into a viable sim for this kind of racing, them the track would be an interesting option. If it is used only to sprint or less than one hour racing, it will not be as interesting, unless Reiza also deliver the Bugatti Circuit.

• Like Like x 2
  17. jeanvendors

jeanvendors Active Member

I have to say, after doing a few P1 races I’m very satisfied with where the physics model is right now specifically in the area of improved cornering feel. Coming from Assetto Corsa, I was used to a style of turning where I would listen for tire screech to avoid over-turning and tire rubbing, but in the earlier physics models you could easily push over that limit (and kind of had to to make good lap times.) Now it feels like it “should” in the corners where tire screech means you’re over-turning, losing time and producing excess tire wear.
    Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just using the good old Placebo Physics Engine?
    Anyway, again: Can’t wait for 1.5.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The AJR is by far my favourite at the moment whereas prior to this I really didn't enjoy it at all, it felt floaty with little consequence. The updated open wheelers feel great now too but I prefer tin tops generally. So many cars I can't wait to revisit when 1.5 drops.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not placebo, you will be pretty satisfied once the update releases officially for all cars!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

I'd argue it is a lot more like a huge old Hockenheim, it has almost exactly the same characteristics with the long straights, chicanes on more recent versions and the infield section :)