Automobilista 2 June 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 19, 2023.

1. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

I’d love to see more vintage F1 tracks like Mosport Racetrack, Monaco (Azure) 50’s/60’s version, Reims-Gueux 50s/60s, Zolder 70s, and even Sebring (F1 track in 1959). Even the more recent Valencia Steet Circuit, or Albert Park.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Really appreciate the update, thank you.

For me personally, I hope they stick to '70s and later and I don't personally care whether the vintage stuff is F1 circuits or not - especially once some more vintage endurance content gets added next year! I do really appreciate the wide number of circuits we do have for '70s, late '80s/early '90s and the early 2000s windows - it increases immersion many fold to have appropriate safety and atmosphere for the old GT cars, the Group C prototypes or the GT1 era beasts.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Love your thinking (outside of Valencia, I don't feel it would fit especially since we don't have F1 cars from the late 2000s into the early 2010s). I'd also like to add saying 60s Watkins Glen should be on that list, such an important track in early F1 history

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that’s another good one. This game to me excels the most at vintage tracks and F1. The historic tracks are incredible. Adelaide 1988 blew me away last week. Then Interlagos…and the more and more I researched there are a lot of older F1 tracks in this game already. Let alone all the F1 cars throughout each generation. I want to see more of it. Whatever it is…whatever they decide. I actually live 10km from Mosport Racetrack and that would be neat but that aside, anything I’m down for. I love it all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

It looks awful but actually DRIVING on it is amazing, one of my favorites especially with more modern F1 cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Essemo

Essemo Member AMS2 Club Member

If we were to get a Maserati 250F and a couple of 1950s tracks in the game, I'd never have to play Assetto Corsa again...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. STV_Robin

STV_Robin Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I always feel people are giving Paul Ricard a bit too much of a hard time because of its awful looks with those blue stripes. I found driving and racing there always pretty enjoyable and more challenging and interesting than some more popular tracks :D

• Agree Agree x 10
  9. Berghe

Berghe BANNED BANNED

Incoming... what a joke.

• Dislike Dislike x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Could be incoming from far away thus taking more time. Incoming is not a time measurement but a step of a journey.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Djin

Djin Member

Guys, let's be a little patient and give the team time to finish the update. I am also frustrated by the delay, but I prefer waiting a few extra weeks rather than having buggy content. As for the timelines announced by Renato, it still gives an idea of when the content will arrive. I much prefer developers with transparent and regular communication rather than a completely silent studio like Polyphony Digital can be.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Though I sincerely hope at this point in time we're talking about days, not weeks anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Everyone always in such a rush, especially with regards to Reiza and AMS2 development.

I'm still waiting on rF2 to leave beta.
    Raceroom to update DX9.
    Live For Speed to get the Scirocco.
    iRacing to get rain.
    PC2 was never finished.

Sim racing development is a funny old business ;)

• Agree x 16
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Friendly x 1
  14. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Well I think that Reiza tracks are generally great quality, but I have detected several inacurities which I would like to mention somewhere. Since we are waiting update and nothing to doo lets roll it here:
    1) Spa Franchoshamps: Curb size in Les Combes chickane. In left hander of this chichane curbes are very small so they are not upsetting car as they do in real life. Generally in ams 2 implementation you need to worry only about track limits in this corner.
    2) Road America: Bumb on the exit of carocel corner. I have been watching real onboards and exit of this corner does not have any bumb or something like that. In Ams 2 whole car drops on the exit.

P. S. I Think we should have separate thread for this topic.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Divit Beria

Divit Beria Prefer modern cars

Also, a dip after Abbey or T1 in Silverstone which seems to be completely flat and even in real life. Interestingly, this same inaccuracy is also present in the Codemasters F1 games.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Probably got same lidar data .

17. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Actually Formula Reiza is from 2011, covering last generation of V8's, so it [Valencia] would fit quite nicely.

18. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Don’t think the F1 games use lidar data

19. Lucifer_sam

Remember that Iracing has its foundations in games from the late 90s. It wouldn't surprise me if there is some small bits of code from GPL still in there. Iracing became the final boss of simracing through taking their time (its not all based on merit, but I don't want to get into the weeds about Iracing's obvious problems). Patience is key, and I do feel for most people the patience for 1.5 will pay off. As always not everything with be perfect, you will have cars you like and cars you don't like. But I can't deny how excited I am for the dev update, let alone its full release

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Lucifer_sam

Oh, I thought it was newer than that. My mistake then!