Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was doing an RX race in multiplayer and saw the word "FINAL" where race should've been. :eek:

13NRZwjF5J17ZS.gif

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

go to gameplay options > display tab > hide halo stem > yes

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Playing with the FFB is like moving furniture for a very indecisive partner.. You know.. a little to the left.. a little to the right... no.. maybe a bit forward, perhaps a little back.. put it over there... or maybe there.. rinse repeat for an hour or more... Come across the best configuration only to notice its exactly where you started which originally felt awful!!!

Its still not quite the same I feel, but its not as bad as I originally thought but after a while you cant even remember if what you first thought was right any more anyway.. Old age don't help much either.

I think something changed with the FFB (Using F-Junior as my test case), but I can no longer be sure and it seems OK(ish) now (but not sublime like it used to be).

EDIT: I have now started using custom FFB "Heavy Messing 2.5". Its great and so is the F-Junior again. I'm going to stick with this Custom FFB file from now on. It suits every car I've tried.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 6
  4. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

question, does the sigma have drs at the front as well or only the AJR?

5. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

Yeah the TSI feel like real cars!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They're just teasing us now...

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, there's been some... interesting bugs with the lobby system. I got sent to race a bunch of AI while other players were still in the Nürburgring lobby. I hadn't heard anything definitively about a heat system... :eek:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

RX cars in Monaco

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Egor

Egor New Member

Hi all! Is it possible to run more than 4 championships at the same time and edit the ones created by Reiza? It seems strange to me that such restrictions are only 5 slots for custom championships and 4 slots for active ones, despite the fact that there are several dozen car classes in the game...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. lion9zion

lion9zion Member

I have accumulated 500+ hours in AMS2, so I consider myself well-acquainted with almost every detail. However, I was not prepared for the magnitude of this update! While I was expecting a physics facelift, this update has transformed the sim into what feels like an entirely new experience for me. It's truly amazing! I want to express my sincere gratitude to the developers for implementing such significant improvements. And I am particularly impressed by the attention given to small details, like the visible tire flex during replays and the greatly enhanced car animations, including suspension travel and body roll. Non-aero cars like the BMW 2002 Turbo or Caterhams now feel exceptionally well-handled!! The Adrenaline pack has also been a blast, and the new physics are top-notch in it.
    Once again, thank you to the developers for your hard work and dedication in making this update a game-changing success!

• Like Like x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The only car I´ve found "off" so far has been the Corvette C8 street version. At mid to high speeds the handling is nervous and wandering (like the V8 supercar used to be) - try driving it at Donington through the Craner curves and see for yourself if you agree. I can´t make it through them without losing the rear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Has anyone been comparing how the physics affect lap times? I was just doing a lap on the formula ultimate 2019 (I don't think gen 1 ultimate had new physics) and my lap time is now 3 seconds slower than yesterday using the default setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Luismuku

Luismuku Member

I can't update. I've tried to use the "previous release", "release candidate" and "none", log out from steam and log in again, and restart steam. I'm still stuck ind the 1.4.8.1. Any solution?

I really want to drive the RX cars!

14. Robert Gerke

Robert Gerke Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Great work Reiza, thank you so much!

And these 3 lines, even if they don't appear compared to the other optimizations, give me a little hope again after 3 years.

• Added session auto-advance functionality for multiplayer sessions
    • Minor adjustments to net code
    • Vehicles from human opponents are now collidable during Multiplayer full course yellow

Please please continue continuously (and seriously) your work to the MP Reiza.

Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

I am not sure about the benefit of the last feature but haven´t tried it yet. At the very least it should be an on/off option as you can imagine many situations where people deliberately or even accidentally take out opponents under caution when they catch up to the field. Also, how do AI cars behave?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Robert Gerke

"get Real" is the Keyword ;-)

17. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

I love it for leagues...

But it'll add another layer to the frustrations of the open lobby experience...

All depends on what type of MP is your flavour...

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. Robert Gerke

All the more reason to move towards a serious organized league with a high minimum entry barrier.

Racecraft e.g. is a good start with potential. It's a shame that so few seriously want to take part in a well-organized competition. Driving against human opponents is the core of any racing simulation. You´re miss the best of (virtual) motorsport ;-)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The benefit is people will stop exploiting the ghosting as they are coming to the green light restart ! Now people will actually have to be careful where they are placing their car instead of doing dumb things like going into the opponent ahead of them to gain an advantage.This should stay forced enabled .

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Plus a similar RL exp. Cannot wait to have this on single player for both Fcy and cars in the pits.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1