Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

For what it's worth, I think my G29 is the same as before, pretty much, so it could be a settings or software issue. I did update G Hub before playing (which sometimes can be good or bad lol).

2. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The problem with the pits thing (an issue in rF2) is that you dont have a person to wave you out when no cars are coming, its impossible to avoid an unsafe release if you dont have vr/triples

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just for clarification, the 6 car restriction is only on the 'RX' versions of the tracks, which also include a joker lap, the regular 'dirt' versions seem to allow 16 cars ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try to recalibrate the wheel again in game and see if it helps.I have at least clear difference between Default and Default+ (tested on F-Junior on Nords) and feel quite a bit through the FFB.

5. T3k

T3k New Member

Very nice job, Reiza. You guys deserve everyday day of your holidays. :):cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Being careful is the exact opposite of how people behave in open lobbies. I can understand the realism aspect for those playing with trusted friends but it´s gonna be a nightmare in open lobbies, especially if damage is on.

For those who have tried it, what happens if you punt another car under FCY, do you gain a position?

7. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna Active Member

8. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

I get the frustration of open lobbies but id like to share a similar sentiment of what i think about damage on and damage off lobbies.
    If damage is on, paired with collisions, it may allow the offender to damage one or two cars but he will be out of the race consequentially due to too much damage rather likely.
    While with damage off, he can just go on wrecking endless amounts of cars.

Im all for opening up more options to be changed by the players though

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Afaik they created a new setup folder with a different name, but the old setups folder with your previous setups is still there. They did that so that users don't have to manually delete the setups folder.

Setup resets are required after this new update so it's not recommended to load old setups.
    What you can do is to copy your setups from the old folder (vehiclesetups) to the new folder (vehiclesetups_1_5), then go in-game, take screenshots of the setups, quit the game, delete the setups from the new folder, then go back in-game and try to recreate your old setups using the screenshots you've taken as reference.

This whole process is a pita if you have a lot of setups for different cars but it's the best way to recover your setups without causing issues.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems that Reiza really did it this time as one bald guy in YT said AMS2 is drivable now with cars being a bit more agile, ofc not in the level of AC but better that F1 23 and Grand Turismo. :D

• Funny Funny x 16
  11. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The less we talk about him, the better

• Agree Agree x 32
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Totally agree. Don't give him your time, watch, like, subs... Make him forgettable which is not really difficult to do.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Apex

Apex Active Member

Perfect timing as my holidays are coming up.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Wait it's only driveable now? What was I doing the last 130 hours? :D

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Floating :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. dMASS

dMASS Member AMS2 Club Member

He is commited to his position. It's quite unsubstantive at this point, but he treats it like it's his job

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Usually logging off/on steams fixes it. I believe there is also a menu by right clicking on the game from the list that will help you set priority of the updates for a game. You may want to check if you have disabled updates there

18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dude does 4 laps, crashes into a wall, doesn't take time to learn the car...

"DiRT Rally was better than this..."

From someone who was probably top 3 in the US in DR2.0 for years, 4400ish iRating in Dirt Road... He has no clue what he's talking about. AMS2 still has massive flaws, but I'd much rather drive this RX than iRacing or DR2.0.

Call me a shill, call me a fanboy, but dude couldn't do 4 laps cleanly and "it's horrible, no car feels like this." Meanwhile it's intuitive enough for me to naturally go from iRacing iRX without issue.

A certain somebody couldn't do stuff like this cleanly in any sim... I'd love to see him try this even in AC. So if you're reading this... Take my stupid challenge.

AMS2

AC rally mods

Edit: before he can jump in with "mods have bad made up physics" I've been doing this sort of stuff with Kunos cars as well from day one in AC.

I know which of those cars feels better to me... The same techniques work with both AWD AC rally cars and AMS2 RX cars, the AMS2 cars are just more prone to entry oversteer. They feel closer to each other than the peaky, "thou shall not slip" nature of iRX.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
  19. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey have you tried long beach in rx on TT. Please give it a go, would love to see your time. Also fantastic in the wet there but obviously no wet TT. I hope that mode happens because it's glorious!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice! That first video looks exactly like the real life mickey mouse SSS, the way the car rotates and the weight shift is on point.

The gamermuscle dude is just a troll by now, making a fool of himself.

• Agree Agree x 8