Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great combo! With the gears lengthened, the little Polo is rapid! I did a few laps and got a 1:19.380, but there's definitely more pace to be found.

Driving it on a normal track, it reminds me of how similar the 89-91 IMSA/Trans Am Audi from VRC is. Similar driving styles, absolutely claws itself out of corners, using the brakes to rotate the car.

reunion-thu82318-marshallpruett2-033-1588943006.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also can we stop talking about this guy. He clearly has an agenda and that agenda is that he is a content creator that makes his living off of being controversial. His base audience is AC fan boys and if he were to say AMS2 is better or on par with AC, he would upset his core audience.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh yeah, facts! I'm just stating my opinion like everyone. I could care less what anyone thinks. I enjoy the sim and that's all that matters. It also comes a point I'm gonna say something in response, and leave it alone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. I__Love__Lamp__x

I__Love__Lamp__x Fanatec DD Pro|F1 Wheel|CSL Elite LC|Playseat F1 AMS2 Club Member

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dainamo

Dainamo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I joined in his AMS2 stream briefly to check in and he was playing Assetto Corsa, kind of says it all.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's kind of annoying at this point when his mind is clearly made up and yet he keeps poking at it.

Lotta folk seem to be enjoying it though, even Jimmy.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 7
  7. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just racking up views by baiting AMS2 viewers and running his comedy. It yields so much drama and views that he keeps doing that. Best ignored

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Artremis

Artremis New Member

Did you try clicking the "Reset Default" setting or something like that? My G29 sometimes stops being recognized by the settings but that fixes it. Sometimes it also messes with the Windows Register which is more annoying to fix, but if it works on a previous version it's prob not that

9. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I actually though the same first, that damn this porche cup car in AMS2 is so much easier to drive than the cup car in rF2, which is super challenging. If I remember correctly, the one in rF2 has quite light front, so you have to be careful with the power. It also has underpowered brakes, so you had to adjust your braking points a lot. It was also really hard to get to rotate without oversteer and you were overheating the tires easily as well.

But if it's different model, maybe that explains it (or not), no idea about the differences between models (and different sim of course). Not sure did that car in rF2 had even ABS. The car is AMS2 doesn't seem to heat or wear tires very easily, it's quite easy to rotate, you don't have to that careful with the throttle, braking is quite efficient etc. The main thing to avoid is going into turns with too much speed.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not to dismiss the comment, but I wonder which RF2 "version" are we talking about. Meaning, almost all cars in RF2 have a sketchy rear end on any hump, valley, kerb and often even in normal plain asphalt. That is until you disconnect the rear ARB and soften the rear with the axe.
    So exactly what are we comparing here? AMS2 default to RF2 default setups?
    Honestly the back end of RF2 cars is where the worst of RF2 is and I would be inclined to think something is pretty wrong there. The front is really where it shines IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Keep trying more cars, and they all move so beautifully across the tarmac :hurrayreiza:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Of the cars I have tried so far, the only ones that seem "off" are the McLaren F1 street, C8 street, the V8 Supercar and 2023 stock, which both still have issues with low speed traction but I think the vast majority of cars are now much much better in two aspects - grip under acceleration and less twitchiness at high speeds - the BMW Gt3 and 4 were especially bad for this and now seem fine. A lot of cars are now very easy to drive.

It´s taking so long to go through all the cars, I can only imagine the time taken to work on each one and some of them no doubt need a bit more spit and polish but on the whole I am pretty happy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you saying that those cars should have good traction coming out of low speed corners?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Something is still a little off with those ones, not expecting Landrover grip but there are other non TC cars that are better in this respect (the 2022 F1 now has a lot more traction) and also at high speed some cars like the C8 are unpredictable. Need to do some more testing with control inputs too, it might be on my end.

15. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was on LFM still last season that ended in June, I think it was this one: rFactor 2 on Steam (edit: or this: rFactor 2 on Steam)

The car didn't have much you could change in setups (and yeah, in rF2, you set the tires to minimum, rear arb detached often etc.). When I tried to practice for the LFM races, it was just too hard to drive that thing and I tried most things you can do with the setup. Anyway, the point was not which is better, but the experience is just so different between these cars and I know a lot of people did praise the car in rF2, that you start to wonder.. (and like I wrote before, no idea how different the models actually are IRL).

I do enjoy driving the porche cup car now in AMS2, but it's much easier.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

My reference to rf2 relates to handling of new Porsche cup car (992) on default setup. But I agree with you: in order to discuss car model handling we should not stick to similar implementations in other sims. This is why I have also referenced to real-life onboards...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some brutal setup work there.

• Funny Funny x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

McLaren F1 has improved immensely, I had previously persevered with it on interlagos TT board and got to no1, subsequently no2. So i took the 1.5 version out and I felt like I was toying with my previous TT ghost. So much so that I abandoned the lap before the finish line and took the Ultima out instead and promptly went 3 seconds quicker. It took so much effort for that previous time pre 1.5 i didn't have the heart to erase it from the board. Not saying your wrong, but they are def moving rapidly in the right direction.

19. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I've wondered before whether the Porsche Cup in rFactor 2, iRacing is a little too difficult, given it's such a popular series worldwide (you'd think it would be relatively easier to get going in). I don't know either way.

Also I feel like this says more than individual content creators :) (and nearly all pre-1.5 too)
    Screenshot 2023-07-26 161647.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Random callsign is even worse then gamermuscle, avoid at all costs

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2