Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s a lot(!) of damping. Logitech themselves recommend 0 in game and 40 on the wheel
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/8358055253271-In-Game-Settings-for-Pro-Wheels

For reference, in the beta i was using 20 to at most 30 on the wheel and 0 in game with no issues

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
  2. Michael Phillips

Michael Phillips Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry double post

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry I can not answer for Logitech users as I am not one of them. All I can suggest is the usual troubleshooting steps: Delete your 'Documents/Automobilista 2' folder, run a steam integrity check, re-calibrate & check your wheelbase drivers for issues etc..

Regarding gain. All vehicles in the completed zone adhere to our normalization process whereby sustained output will be between 9-12Nm using the Default+ profile for high load corners such as Eau Rouge/Pouhon/Blanchimont.. If this output is not to your liking please adjust your in-game gain or vehicle gain multi via the setup screen.. :)

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

I will test again tomorrow with less damping

5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Maybe the FFB is nicely tuned now for DD wheels. I have an older CSW v1. All I know is its (Default+) nothing like it was in 1.4.8 for the F-Junior. So if the FFB didn't change, just the physics, did the F-Junior have much physics changes from 1.48 to 1.5?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

What's your problem?

I have countless times asked myself if I'm taking crazy pills thanks to this.

"I have nothing to report" Ok?

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you can remember back to the v1.48 release the Junior had many complaints both internally & externally of excessive scrub buzz/vibration particularly on tracks such as Imola 72 where it is bumpy. There were also complaints of excessive rattling/vibrations under braking which is a result of high scrub radius. For this v1.5 release this has been toned down & brought into line with all the other vehicles in the completed zone. That said I take your report seriously and I will look into it again on the re-pass.. We have to try and find a common ground to suit all users which is not always easy to achieve.

• Like x 12
    • Agree x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  8. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My problem? My problem is someone blaming how they think the cars in AMS2 should feel, on the beta testers. If you are going to blame the beta testers when everyone had the same opportunity to join and you chose not to, you then don't get to complain about how the beta testing went.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. BazzaLB

Makes sense. Hard to satisfy all people and all configurations but at least I know something changed. Appreciate your candor and consideration. Much appreciated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

While I agree that I think it's unfair to blame things you don't like on beta testers (especially considering we all have different opinions and needs) we should remember that not joining isn't a choice for many people. If the "choice" is between Paddock Club and food then that's not really a choice. Some people have family they'd rather spend their money on. Only people who feel comfortable to spend the money should spend it, and those who dont 110% still be heard.

No matter if they joined or not the physics and FFB would've probably been about the same. It may sound harsh and may put put people off of the Paddock Club but individually we are by far the smallest part of the process. It doesn't mean we're powerless, but you're not gonna single handedly make a change either.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Theodore Schultz

I do agree that not everyone can afford to join but then do not attack beta testers and complain about how the process works especially when they do not know how it went.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. BazzaLB

Actually, I didn't join because I do not have a paypal account and for various reasons never will. If there was the usual CC facility, by all means I would have joined. Having said that, I don't condone attacking Beta testers either (wasn't sure that was actually happening tbh)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, a well known Hollywood actor has been racing them in recent years, not successfully but they can't be that difficult to drive fast if he was.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

BETA testers have to be aware they are part of the process now...

And will receive criticism like any other part of the process now because people are passionate about the end result of the process... Doesn't matter if it's warranted or not, it's going to happen...

If you don't like that reality maybe the internet isn't a good place for you... You can't enforce rules that no one is going to adhere to for your own sake... Just keep scrolling... :whistle:

• Disagree Disagree x 11
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  15. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

I will take another look.

16. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Would be helpful if it was eh? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Theodore Schultz

Yeah you are right, I shouldn't expect people to act decently. I forget that when you are on the internet it gives people the right to do and say whatever they want regardless of reality.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. omni

omni New Member

I feel not exactly the same, but default+ FFB feels worse than 1.4.8. I use Logitech g25 and never been so happy with FFB as in 1.4.8 new physics cars. Maybe Reiza can give us pervios default+ FFB (from 1.4.8 version) as custom file?

19. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Question, how do you turn off the Halo in Formula Ultimate cars? I thought that was a feature in this release?
    Edit: Nevermind I found it in an earlier post.

20. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I own the RF2 Cup car and it was very good, but the difficulty meant not many people drove it, and it died a quick death on LFM. There is a balance to be struck between realism and driveability. No good being utterly real if no one drives it, unless its for people driving the real thing to practice on.

• Disagree Disagree x 3