Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Actually, this is an improvement and closer than I was able to get by just playing around with Default+ settings. I need to tune out some of the road "noise" but I'll have a play. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: This FFB file (with minor tweak of "micro_details 0.1") makes the KartCross amazing fun. I really couldn't get to grips with it previously and as someone who loves dirt racing, was pretty disappointed. This brings it alive. Thanks again.

EDIT 2: Have now tried a good selection of cars with this including Caterham, F-Junior, Brabham bt26a (boy, those tyres bounce a lot), Merc GT3, KartCross, VW Polo RX (this one is awesome) and I am pretty/very happy with this FFB file. Its a thumbs up from me. Back to enjoying the game again.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People who criticize must be aware that just like the person they are responding to, they are also making a post online.

And will receive criticism like any other person who makes posts online... Doesn't matter if it's warranted or not, it's going to happen...

If you don't like that reality maybe the internet isn't a good place for you... You can't enforce rules that no one is going to adhere to for your own sake... Just keep scrolling... :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Scar666

Scar666 Zum Glück bin ich verrückt

That's how the internet works isn't it?

Either you can handle it or you can't and don't bother to critique anything and nothing improves...

Game needed more time in BETA before it came out on 1.5...

It doesn't load properly after a clean install with absolutely nothing in it even AI files or skins... After 5 verifications turning up clean I'm giving up and slating a complete regedit reinstall for tomorrow...

And with missing drivers and other things that should of kept it at least in RC form there's going to be a fair bit of blame thrown around... It's just what happens...

Just to be clear, I'm not pointing fingers, just having an opinion on that discourse... It's going to happen anyway... It's a waste of effort fighting against it...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you brazilian or argentinian by any chance? I think you can DM Renato or crimson and they can sort you out if thats the case

5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think there might be some misconceptions about what Paddock Club or "beta testing" involves.

On some level it was very similar to the public release candidate model but just with a much higher churn rate of updates. People would try the update and report on issues they found.

The users didn't all decide the update was ready and to release it because they found no more bugs.

Users also weren't involved in the direction of the 1.5 physics and making the cars feel a certain way. It was about identifying where changes had broken some cars or caused other issues.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

If almost no one can drive it, there is a very high likelihood it's just not realistic.

All of us here have been driving pretend cars at the limit for years and some even decades. That's more time in racecars than some real life racers have. We should be able to control any car we come across if there's a certain skill theshold reached.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Ron Huijer

Ron Huijer Member AMS2 Club Member

Tested today with less damping (25 on the wheel and 0 in game) no oscillations in pro mode

8. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Thank's for your answer. I was afraid it was a Simucube wheelbase thing. Let's hope the devs give it a second look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When a car is selected and you click on it, it goes to the menu. If you click on it and another one was selected before, then it selects it.

Usually if you select a class, then the first car becomes selected immediately. Clicking on the car again will take you to the menu.

For me it was obvious, but it could work differently and it would be fine.

10. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Where exactly is the transparency option for F1 Ultimate??

11. lianjieyiqie

lianjieyiqie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Screenshot_20230727_163953.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dolph

Fantasizing a scenario about the other users or the devs will not go down well on this forum. Maybe post this kind of crap on GamerMuscle youtube video comments section.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear it! I used to run the "smooth" preset, but found "detailed" to be more communicative, even if I had to dial down force effect intensity in my Fanatec profile. I have a looooong list of cars to revisit, haha, what a chore!:D
    Getting some rF2 vibes from it...

I completely understand that the default profiles will always be a compromise of sorts, which is why it's so neat that we have the option to customize. I don't know how many people tinkered with Heavy Messing up to this point, or how many hours of labour it took up... But it shows, doesn't it?

In closing; it never ceases to amaze me how much the perceived physics change in this title, with even minor tweaks to the ffb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dolph

Probably doesnt like to be blamed with nonsense someone invented.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is Reiza’s sim, and they are the only ones who know what is going on, under the hood, so to speak. Moreover, there seems to be some confusion about the Beta testing process and what role Beta testers played in the development of AMS2 V1.5.

As much as we all wish that the release of V1.5 would comprehensively solve all previous issues all at once—and instantly Thanos-snap all internet trolls into oblivion, the reality is that the realization of AMS2 V1.5 would always be an ongoing process. With the recent Release Candidate (& subsequent Official Release), however, all AMS2 owners now have the opportunity to contribute to the culmination of V1.5 updates.

For my part during Beta testing, I tended to consult the most recent FFB Update post by @Coanda (see above) and use that list to narrow my focus (in terms of reporting issues) within the sim. No use to anybody reporting about a car that currently “Needs Full Revision” after all. It seemed better to either drive a car on the “Complete” list and report either well-earned praise or any jarring, “Whoa, something’s still not right here!” Many others here are quite remarkable in their ability to identify and constructively report various bugs and problems they encounter within the simulation. Feel free to do the same.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Marcmesa

Marcmesa New Member

I have the season pass and after the update in Steam I have to buy the dlc. But in the game, I have it.
    So there is a problem at Steam

17. Marcmesa

Marcmesa New Member

18. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Try verifying the file integrity on steam. I had the same issue. In the end I reinstalled and it was ok, but a lot of people just did the file integrity thing and it worked.

19. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'm pretty sure that what you think was the "feeling of the limit" was actually the main outcome of the tire bug, a violent snap of the tires going from one state to another. It was not realistic and a mistake in the physics, not something planned, as evidenced by the fact it was worse in the F-Retros than in the modern formula cars.

Now don't get me wrong, I agree that grip loss in a formula car, especially in an F-Ultimate G2 should be both unpleasant and very hard to save. But that's more a question of making the tire more peaky (which I hope Reiza can do) and less a question of having a hard edge on the tire

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Marcmesa

Marcmesa New Member

I have the season pass and I have the DLC. Personally I had no problem