Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Janitormentor

Janitormentor Active Member

Now I tested F-Classic Gen4 V8 car in Spa 22. Qualify was on wet and surprisingly didn't have any chance so I was last one, P26. Couldn't get wet tires to heat. Track was soaked in water. Slow corners were poison, heavy understeering. Difficulty 110. Then race came and it was dry. Got my hopes up. From 26th to 5th position. 10 lap race. 3rd fastest lap time in race, only McLarens were faster than me. AI might be slightly too fast on wet conditions or too slow on dry. Which is it? :D Or is it me? ;) These cars might be my favorite now. Maybe bit easy to drive but I'm a controller player. Using low tc and abs low so there's that.

Also liking GT1 (McLaren F1 GTR is good now and not understeery) and Group C cars. Some cars have odd gearing, basically too long. And some car classes needs balancing. F-Classic Gen3 cars are too spread out for example. Some are nitpicks and have mentioned them earlier. But mostly enjoying driving these cars. 1.5 update must be best update this game has gone through. I like mostly a little oversteery car so this update has been bless for me. Before some car were so understeery and it destroyed my fronts. And noticed that fronts drop heat more than before which I like so they don't overheat so much.

2. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand but this is an AMS2 forum...If you want to debate the merits of rF2, please do it in their forums. I will be sure to go there with a post of how AMS2 is the best. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where you read that I stated it's a car to overdrive and where I stated that you have to drive it by countersteer and full lock no less. Quite the opposite
    Also I'm not sure where you read that I stated that the car is deeply adjustable (everyone knows PCups are pretty stock, at best you could get some dampers adjustability like the street car depending on the series that runs the car).
    Maybe in the same day dream where you school someone else.
    Regarding drivers commenting on sim you can get Morad saying GT3s are best in iracing, Perel that says ACC and probably someone else saying RF2. Apparently they all drive in the same car class so two out of three don't understand what they are driving but you do.
    Maybe it's time you go back to school and learn something about vehicle dynamics before you speak about things you don't really master.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Enough of that now folks - this isn't a my sim is better than yours discussion thread.

• Agree Agree x 22
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Yep, if I restart a session the 10 minute starts all over again. And if I pause the game, the countdown is extended the same amount of time. I'll check the telemetry option, but I believe I turned it all off.

Edit: Yes, UDP is turned off.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Aggressive trail braking, in AMS2? I find trying to do any trail braking in AMS2 very challenging without the car pirouetting.

7. Michael Scott

Michael Scott Member

So, tonight was the first night I could spend any real time with 1.5; and I just had the BEST race with the Formula Vintage gen1.

Started a new 1967 F1 season, with a 1 hour qualifying round and full length race (first race at Kyalami, of course).

I spent a good chunk of the qualifying time working on a new set up--managed to qual in 8th against 110% AI. The first 10 laps of the race I managed to move up to 5th. For the next FIFTY laps, I was stuck about 1.5 seconds behind Jochen Rindt. I finally cleared him to take fourth. By that time though Bandini was 13 seconds up the road; and there was just no catching him.

Some things that made the race brilliant:
    1. The radial tires felt satisfyingly HARD. When they're cold, I was able to feel them skip across the surface through turns. Once they gripped up fully after about 4 or 5 laps they felt great; but still not like a slick, obviously.
    2. When the tires would start to overheat, they began to feel icy. What was nice though was that the grip loss was gradual (not like some titles where the grip just instantly goes away). It's a nice warning to back off for a lap or two.
    3. After 60 laps or so, the car feels... tired--brakes are warn and hot, engine is worn, tires start to give up a bit. It's good...
    4. Everything that's relayed through the wheel feels much more progressive now--feels more instinctive to find the limit on braking, accelerating out of turns, etc.

So, at least in my opinion, 1.5 is a hit. As a former game developer myself, I know what it takes to get a GOOD update "out the door"; so thank you guys for all the hard work!

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Colin Wolfe

Colin Wolfe New Member

So I can say AMS2 cars unrealistic on rf2 forum is fine without counter point your saying?

9. Colin Wolfe

Colin Wolfe New Member

Well you really don't say anything which I could learn from but that's just your opinion. We didn't need to go into other sims. You said it's unrealistic and I pointed to where that's not the case from your opinion.

10. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Really enjoying the new update but it pains me to say that the one that still feels wrong to me is the Caterham 620R.

I've mentioned this before and shown some videos of people driving it in real life to demonstrate the grip they have and the trait that I feel is quintessential of that type of car; the reassuring shake when the rear grip returns after a power slide. I have also shown videos of people gunning the 620R from stop in a straight line and not having the car act as it does in the game which just makes me more convinced that its behaviour is not as it should be.

I have driven thousands of miles in an offbrand version with HP sitting in the middle between the 620R and Superlight, while I recognise that it has a whole bunch more horses, I don't believe they would make it feel as wobbly as the one in game. I am gentle with my right foot but it simply feels like it is on ice, no trust in it at all, even at high revs in high gears it is unstable and kicks out too much.

I'm not trying to pretend to be a expert, just making an observation about one of my favourite types of cars and one of the few I can actually speak on with some confidence in the hope that it can be given the character that makes them so fun in the future.

The others are totally enjoyable, especially the superlight, but that extra power just overwhelms the 620R model in my opinion.

Absolutely thrilled with the latest update, but just wanted to post about that one car becuase I'd love to love it, but can't. For now, I still have a hundred other cars to try! :D

Anyone else feel the same?

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is in fact my opinion you are the one who came across like an .... wishing to school others not me. I stated my opinion and you can agree or disagree.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Colin Wolfe

Colin Wolfe New Member

I'm all good. We can agree to disagree. My intention was not school anyone but not see his words as ultimate truth.

14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep, right now the best long race F1 racing against the AI is in the Vintage classes, as you don't have to deal with tire wear, fuel weight (too much) or AI strategies, also their pace on the wet is quite reasonable. You have to take care towards the end of the races, the brake fade has gotten me a few times, crashed out on the last freaking lap at Silverstone after 80 minutes of racing :(

I am a good 1.5 seconds slower now than before the update with the V12. Could do a 1:17:6 in Kyalami with the default setup before, now I am barely able to do a 1:19:2. I am getting a bit more understeer, and am struggling a bit with the braking, love how they feel though. Just have to play a bit with the setups, using the default only so far.

I hope that by the time I am done with the RetroG3 championship (started a new 69 championship), the improvements to the AI strategies,fuel weight penalty and wear rates is done, so I can do the proper F-Classics championships.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I think its better than it was, but I agree, it still wants to kick left / right somewhat aggressively under medium/hard acceleration. I too am not sure if this is right, but it seems odd still.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Did some open lobbies on the RX stuff, what a blast! Bits of car everywhere but super fun. I think I killed some spectators.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Michael Croshaw

BTW, are we supposed to completely remove out old AMS2 Documents folder for this patch? I'm not really feeling any issues with FFB but I want to make sure I'm getting the full flavour 1.5 experience. On the other hand, I'm not massively keen on setting up keybindings etc up again.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Croshaw

One more thing..is it possible some of these people reporting its too easy, can't spin etc, have got the in game assists on without realising it? I could see that happening if you were starting from scratch and had removed all your old settings?

19. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No, that shouldn't be necessary. Since you're an AMS2 Club Member, you might have read instructions to reset setups manually for the beta releases, and then think the same applies to the public release. But in the public 1.5 release, all old setups were automatically discarded, so you shouldn't have to mess with the documents folder unless you truly want to start all over.

• Like Like x 1
  20. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

Spotter wasn't that interesting to me...i turned it off. I rather have Crew Chief.

• Agree Agree x 3