Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO

WALLACE ALMEIDA MARINHO Active Member

With DPI in Heavy Rain I am losing 8 to 12 seconds per lap in severe storm conditions from 1:35:40 to 1:51:49 the time loss per lap on Daytona Road

2. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Nice to know i'm not crazy, I think the nerf might be a little overboard it's like impossible to match time pole laps (thats what i like to do mostly) It wasn't easy and now if laps are 3-4s slower per minute of track time it's basically impossible and honestly I thought the Formula Reiza felt amazing already before the update, the formula ultimate gen 1 nerfs I can understand tho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Just to clarify on my point :

If this video the guy plays on the formula ultimate gen 1 and like perfectly replicates the lap time, now imagine the new physics which are 3-4s slower it is honestly impossible saying git gud and stuff won't help if you want to gain that much time you have to drive very unrealistically by cutting corners more or something it's not possible if you are driving clean and replicating the lap *Edit ok this guy was actually using the gen 2 :D but I saw someone replicate with the gen 1*

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Agree the F-Reiza was my absolute AMS2 favorite.
    But not anymore.
    Im still looking if one of the new 1.5 formula cars could be a new personal favorite.
    But Im slowly beginning to doubt if I can find one in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

So far i haven't found a single car that i am not enjoying MORE than i did previously. I tried a ton of cars so far and all of them are a huge improvement like the Lotus 23, and the open wheel cars like Retro Gen 1, and Ultimate 2019 are a big improvement .

• Agree Agree x 12
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

All the F1 drivers will be sighing in relief that you are no longer coming after their contracts ;)

On a more serious note, does anyone think we should be able to match the real F1 drivers' times if the sim car was accurate? In theory, yes, with enough practise and lack of fear of death or being fired for wrecking too many cars...but should it be easy? I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Theodore Schultz

Theodore Schultz Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I find it very interesting that there are those that their whole or seemingly whole perspective on the 1.5 update comes down to what their current TT times are compared to what they were before the update. I'm sure Renato is staying awake at night contemplating how he can make AMS2 lap times match from one update to the next for each and every user of his game. Not if the cars behave as they should or the extremely complex tire model is being relayed properly through all the different wheel bases on the market. Nope he is worried about our individual lap times. Very thoughtful of him.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Let's not ridicule stuff now please.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Well, that's how life is, some people have a hard time appreciating what's good or ordinary, just perfect things, and well, the tendency is that these people will always get frustrated, because in terms of simulators, that's almost impossible to reach, we just managed to get close, and that's what the brazilian professional racing driver Vitor Genz made clear in his video, a qualified opinion from someone who actually drove the car and who doesn't usually spare criticism of the simulators he tests, but the his first impression was good and he said the car handles similarly to real life, and well, that for me, as someone who will probably never get the chance to drive the real car, is enough.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/axQACHbTK4I?feature=share

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Surprised he can tell, he spends as much time looking at his chat screen as anything else including the road ahead. I confess, I didnt watch the entire 2 hours 45 minutes of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

If that’s the case, then maybe it is for the best he doesn’t get his driver’s license… then again, he’d probably lose 6 points and 200£ within the first month through some video report to the police.

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

He meant Vitor Genz i think - i'm fairly sure he's got a drivers license :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I don't think it was easy, now it's basically physically impossible thats the problem for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

also for me the only thing I do in the game is try to match the real laps so if the car is not able to do that it the game is just kind of pointless, I understand it's not a problem for most other players :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. cuadolo

cuadolo Active Member

I understand the bewilderment of many in front of the new physics.
    There are those who felt like the new schumacher because he was able to set times close to if not higher than the real ones.
    The question is: is a simulation that gets you to set those times more realistic than one that brings you back down to earth and shows how difficult it is to get to certain times?
    I think that the changes that have been made require patience to relearn how to "feel" the car and understand how to make the most of it.
    The task the Reizas have taken on is to give us every part of the well-built and textured vehicle.
    Step by step they are doing it.
    The task of the enthusiasts is to better understand what we have on the track
    It takes time, there are very few freaks who set records as soon as they get into a car they've never driven before.
    Give yourself time, and enjoy every sensation that comes from the asphalt.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I understand this but 3-4s slower per minute of track is just crazy, you cant gain that much time by getting better or by getting more familiar with the physics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where is the problem the leaderboard is reset then the cards are reshuffled again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

the fact you cant match real lap times because the cars are so much slower.

19. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Given that almost all of the formula cars are not modelling real ones, just fictional ones based on the given rule sets for each period, maybe don't get too caught up with particular lap times and enjoy the cars for what they are rather than spoil your enjoyment what they aren't.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Commandant Lassard

Commandant Lassard Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Reiza problem solved! Just slap a HRT skin on it and times should be matching.
    In seriousness, I know everyone gets something different out of it and sorry your not enjoying it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1