Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I ran it alongside Crew Chief by accident, and I did notice it was slightly quicker, which should be no surprise as its in game rather an app. I will still run crew chief for all the other stuff it provides, including swearing at me ( once race Jim threatened to buy his own car as he was so fed up of me crashing ). But I may turn off the spotter bit and use the internal one for AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The engine wear of the Formula V10 Gen 2 is pretty high. Even with cooling at 100%, you lose 1-2 % per lap depending on the track length even with short shifting. Have no idea how to make it until the end without a long-lasting repair in a longer race when mechanical damage is activated.

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

For that era each engine lasted only one session. You can disable engine repairs via the pit strategies Ui..

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

A fun combo (at least IMO) to try is the KartCross at Nurburgring RX track. (If you have the Adrenaline pack of course). This thing is fun.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Totally agree, still doesn't feel right to me either. It's how the power is put down + the front end feels really vague, just makes the car really hard to place accurately on track.v

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I know, but I don't think that the engine makes it til the end in a 50 lap race.I will give it a go.

• Like Like x 1
  7. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It did improve, a lot! I tried to adjust pressures yesterday tooo, but not enough and first in the wrong direction (tried to get more heat). Very good to know that the sensation was related to too low pressures (and it actually affected the handling too as I now realized), as I know know what to try with setup if I start to feel similar again.

Now, where to get the info what are the optimal (or at least "good") tire pressure range for different classes in AMS2 (outside trying every class myself). Or it per vehicle even in AMS2? In ACC, it's easy as Aris told what it was, in rF2 it's always minimun, which is fastest (no idea what's up with that)..

Thanks!

8. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

The AI with how it behaves is HUGELY improved, and i am not sure if i mentioned it yet here somewhere but their cornering speeds are VERY slow even at 120 difficulty, like they are brake checking all the time in corners that are of 100 km/h or lesser speeds. In fast corners they are alright but anything slower and they struggle and are just easy to pass.

Also them not defending insides of corners is a glaring issue and hopefully more defensive behaviors can be implemented too, but first and foremost their speeds through corners needs a significant boost.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Louis Lu

Louis Lu Member AMS2 Club Member

Im sure that there’s something not right about TC in GT3. My assistant set to authentic, and I can exit low speed corner with full throttle without spinning even if my TC is 0.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, now this is where I get confused. Mine was set to authentic. But I think then TC/ABS don't do anything? I've now set it to full, and then set TC/ABS in the menu to off, and will adjust it in each car as needed, but I'm still not sure I'm doing it right.

11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

All GT3 cars have ABS and TC as standard, IRL and game replicates this in authentic. Whether they work as they should, well, I do not wanna go into that, lol.

12. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I saw some videos on YT where people used TC and ABS in vintage formula cars (you can see it on the HUD), maybe without realising it.

13. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In the TT only authentic driving aids are possible. The HUD has a bug that the TC sometimes flickers although the car has no TC. This was already the case in PCARS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

I don't know, it's not really explained in the menu. It would be nice to have the ability to set the dates of all sessions. Why the mystery and leaving the users guessing? Give them the ability to set up the sessions how they want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Q is set 1 day before race day
    P is set 2 days before race day

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Hi Reiza and thank you for this 1.5 update.
    2 Questions:
    1 I don't see the spotter option in the game?
    2 Why didn't you put the safty car on for the rolling starts as well?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

I don't even have the spotter option.

18. Wincup31

Wincup31 New Member

Steam : Automobilista 2 june 2023 development update :
    "One of the cool immersion boosts already secured for V1.5 is the addition of a Visible Safety Car to lead the field in rolling starts as well as whenever a full-course yellow is triggered"

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Options -> Gameplay -> Display -> Spotter
    "Authentic" is only for ovals.
    Also need pit radio volume to be not 0 in the audio options.

20. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding question 2 - it's coming. Safety car is only enabled for FCY at the moment.