Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps the players don't have the right setup or driving skill :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Well I don't think it means that because atleast I don't know how the AI works in this game, but in like F1 22, and probably the others the AI had way more straight line speed and speed they could carry from turns for a real player it was really unrealistic and the AI car was different weight or something im not entirely sure but you can google more about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I don't think AI works like that you should do some googling, also I read that atleast in Pcars they artificially enchanced the AI car to be more OP than the player car (and not talking about different setup but actually like better grip and speed) so I don't know if Reiza has that or has changed it.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
  4. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just done a few laps in the Cat 620R @ Kyalami Historic.

WOW great job Reiza.

Massive improvement. Finally fun to drive.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

But yeah I guess i'm going back to the unrealistic game called Assetto Corsa which even real F1 drivers have praised, unlike ams2 :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI run on different physics and can in some cases turn times during races that are multiple seconds quicker than the top TT leaderboards. It really isn't a good way to assess what a player can do.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

This very much I don't know if these people have brain cancer or something how stupid you have to be to compare AI time to real times :D

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

No need for such personal attacks

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. stealthradek

I'm just providing a potential theory why this may be the case. No need to go full negative and snarky.

Lewis Hamilton called the Merc's simulator pointless which I believe is miles more accurate than AC. Just to unnecessarily counteract ;)

And it doesn't matter what laptimes AI does as they don't run the same physics anyway so they have to be artificially adjusted so it's not necessarily problem with physics but maybe with AI calibration.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Sorry for snarky but you give this absolute brain rot take and say something along the lines of git gud, I can do the laps in every other game except this one so is ams2 just so superior to other sims? No actual F1 drivers ever even mentions ams2 as good sim. I understand Hamilton doesn't like sims because there's no G-force or anything but other drivers seem to really appreciate sims

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

In terms of actual realism this game feels floaty and slidey as hell, it's ok but its no assetto corsa. Good for beginners though when it's so easy to correct a spinning formula 1 car from crazy speeds.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Going back to AC you fanboys are crazy. If said something about the physics few months ago you wouldve said they were perfect, and now reiza update because they weren't and they are gonna keep updating them because they are far from perfect. Enjoy the extra floaty slowmo physics and now the extra slow cars. (gamermuscle man or wtf was right all along)

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Funny thing is that before 1.5 update AMS2 was extremly hard for me, "spinulator" as some would call it (like Pcars2), same as F1 offical games but in AC I couldn't lose the rear. Now after update AMS2 is more forgivable though.

14. stealthradek

Sorry not sorry :rolleyes:

Fine, I want to be thinking I'm a fast driver too. Bear in mind no matter how good the sims are, including the glorified AC they are massively simplified to be able to run on our home computers let alone to avoid the effort and cost to develop them with all the details. This sort of comparison doesn't even makes sense thinking about it - you may be faster than real racing elite using a simplified environment. I could maybe beat Kasparov on a 2x2 chess board but that won't mean I'm as genius as he is ;)

That's what I mean about lack of skill, you may be really good, but you're unlikely as good as real F1 professional drivers who dedicated their life to the sport and compare yourself to their best laptimes...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Honestly who are you kidding, no pro driver (in formula atleast) even mentions ams2 but still praise AC

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Another Troll wich is not able to write correct english with bad manners.Go home!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

True, frustratingly. Does it really matter? Nah.

18. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Or does it imply that AC feels a lot more real than floaty slowmo ams2. a lot more snappy and connected to road compared to this

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the F-Reiza. Managed a 1:13.598 which is P9 on the real life qualy results.

It feels OK to me, the fronts are very easy to lock-up compared with the 2001 car and the FFB seems a lot heavier. I would probably lower the gain for this car.

Again, the lap time is in the ball park for me. I would say I'm an average driver, there will definitely be people that can put a second on that time.

In general though people, this guy came here with (seemingly) genuine intentions to discuss the performance of the cars and the reaction from people that just try to make excuses or "you're not as good as you think you are" comments continue to give this community a bad name.

It really isn't that difficult to not reply immediately, go and try the game yourself and come to some conclusions. In this instance, I disagree with @Haatis slightly. I think the cars are about the right pace, I consider myself an average driver and I can get mid-pack qualy times from short stints with some minimal setup work. It didn't take much effort to drive it first before responding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

*Which

• Funny Funny x 3