Automobilista 2 V1.5 Physics Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

I think it's safe to say that there's no sense to carry on with this conversation. Apologies for wasting your precious time. You're 100% right, I'm all wrong. All best. Good luck.

xxx

2. MJV_1973

MJV_1973 finnish ed AMS2 Club Member

Herännyt väärällä jalalla vai korkki jo auki?
    Koitas vähän rauhoittua, kiitos :)
    translate

Let´s forgive him, he just took few drink from that
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I did have good intentions but am trolling now because AMS2 fanboys can't take anything else than praise for the game

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I refer the Honourable Member to my previous answer. :cool:

5. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

Korkki on auki kohta qstockkiin.

6. Demeisen

Quite!

7. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Otetaas iisisti koko porukka, hyökkäilyt pois ja hyvää Qstockia Haatikselle kaikesta huolimatta. Voit sitten maanantaina ihmetellä mitä on tullu kirjoteltua :D.

---

What is this weird language? Please continue in English or you will hear from Herr Crimson :).

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Sorry about that.o_O
    Instead you could use your entusiasm and focus on physics to come back from time to time and check this racing game out again.
    There is allways a chance the direction of development will change so this (quote) "floaty slowmo physics" get reduced.
    The reason I personally am partly optimistic is because such car behaviour is absolutely not hard coded in the Madness engine. So it can be changed.;)

ByTheWay: I have also AC installed on my PC. But havent used it for a long time because I did like Reizas interpretation of high powered formula cars. Did :D

• Like Like x 2
  9. Demeisen

Well, I do understand why you'd feel like that, but, y'know, it's the Reiza forums. What do you expect? :D Just make your point, nod your head at the answers, grit your teeth where necessary, and carry on with the sim until the next update. Sorted.

Regarding AC, slomo physics and AMS2, well I also watched Gamermuscle-Brain's review, and even caught some of his TEN HOUR livestream. I reloaded AC to try the two sims side-by-side, and yes, AC does feel different to AMS2, but it also feels different to ACC and RR. It certainly doesn't feel like chucking my sports tourer through flowing corners though. AMS2 comes much closer to that feeling. I think it's also worth bearing in mind that GM-B also thinks ACC isn't realistic either (he loves winding that community up), but actual GT3 racing drivers do rate that sim very highly (I think it's the best too), and use it for training.

I do have issues with the latest patch (2 steps forward, one step back IMO), but it's not the trivial toy that some are painting it as.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guilty as charged. Please ban the troll. Meanwhile, welcome to the ignore list for now....

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

And then you have other GT3(ex) racing drivers who basically think its terrible

Like I say, every sim has its believers and nay sayers.. even professional ones.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

I believe GT3 might be fine I only do formulas and they feel like ****

13. Demeisen

Aaaaaaand there it is :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Is that 4 out of 5 stars? Thats pretty good :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Why are you even wasting your time on this forum if you dislike the sim so much ? Just trolling I guess. Sad .

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Demeisen

Annoyingly, I'd sort of reached the same conclusion as GM-B yesterday. I may have to delete my account :confused:

17. Spie

Spie Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a pretty silly thing to do in a game as there are so many variables you are trying to match here. Track grip, weather, engine modes, etc.
    It's kind of pointless what you are trying.

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

If you are 10 seconds off the Pace at modern Silverstone in the F-Ultimage Gen 2 then you have to check your skill issues, since the in-game F1 22 cars are 10 faster than the actual cars in qualifying, so i truly wonder what nonsense you are talking that it is not possible to beat the real qualifying times. Hell those cars are much closer to the 2019 - 21 cars, and this was me barely adjusting any setup stuff. Also AI difficulty was at 120.

EDIT: Actually i forgot the Silverstone GP was already this year and the pole there is 1:26,7, which with my pretty terrible setup and just 3 laps of trying being only 3 seconds off the pace is not bad.

EDIT 2!! but keeping the original post :
    Did some tests with the new physics, F-Ultimate Gen 2 at modern Silverstone and with a terrible setup with minimal practice was 3 seconds off the qualifying pace of the 2023 pole. I would say the physics is done pretty well all things considered.

K.Mag starting in last row had a 1:32,3, so i would say the driving is pretty on point with the F-Ultimate 2 .

Also, try talking with more respect instead of being unnecessarily rude.
    4458565vu.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Haatis

Haatis BANNED BANNED

bro i dont even habe silverstone i cant say anything about that but the 120 ai is not anything like reql lap time, they drive so different

20. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Even when you are shown evidence that you are wrong, you still continue arguing man, get a chill pill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1