Automobilista 2 V1.5 Officially RELEASED - Now updated to V1.5.0.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 25, 2023.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The argument is very right in particular to modern GT classes that basically use the same safety measures as modern Roads cars use. Recent example from my own RL experience: My new Golf R MK8 with 320hp is much safer to drive fast then my old GTI MK2 with just 136hp. I had at least one instance last week where the car corrected my bad driving and kept itself on the road despite me taking a corner much to fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Levelup1

Levelup1 Member AMS2 Club Member

RSR 1976 Kyalami Grand Prix, GT1 2001 Imola, F3 309 at Interlagos. I think it's weird how people have such different experiences. I'm in the beta, and before official release, everything felt better. So, I uninstalled mods verified files, then erased folder in documents. Then the feeling from before came back. So, if you haven't done it yet, give one of them a try it may work for you, or it may not, but at least you eliminate those variables.
    Also, the track temp and tire temps are equally important, along with allowing the ai to rubber in the track.

• Like Like x 3
  3. McClutch

Uhm... yeah... but now my MPRS rating dropped again from C1546 tu U1500! Not funny. DO NOT DELETE AUTOMOBILITA 2 FOLDER.-

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It should sync and get your previous rating back, at least thats what i had when i did a fresh install on my new pc

5. McClutch

Nope, that never worked for me and it also never worked in PCARS2.

6. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, thats strange, luckily the rating system is quite easy so you could gain rather quickly

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Obviously you'd make a copy of smth first before deleting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

it should be synced with your steam account, mine always syncs up after a reinstall of windows

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me it is not only about TC but no to little on throttle oversteer as general. After the 1.5 with GT3s TC on 0 is no problem for me as well, but I tried beasts like Super V8, MP4/4, MP4/6, Lotus 98T, F-Ultimate gen1 which before were impossible for me to drive but now are like walk in a park. As I'm not a fast driver and drive them well under the limit then maybe they are supposed to handle this way but then again - as every other ****ty driver, I like to slam that throttle after apex so maybe it shouldn't feel so easy. Grip levels and handling is now on AC level and I'm not saying like it is a bad thing.

10. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Just rename the folder and AMS2 will create new one on launch. It's generally a good practice to keep the old files until no longer needed (i.e. update works fine).

There are two types of people: those making backups and those who will ;)

11. McClutch

There was a backup in the bin. Leting that overwrite the new folder brings back MPRS. And that tells me it is not on steam. Also there is the issue that quite often my progress in % from the last session is lost when I start AMS2 the next day.

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Some cars might be generally easier to drive at reasonably fast speeds (which is a good thing IMHO) but they are still hard to push close to their limit, especially as the car behavior change over time (tires, wear, track conditions, ...). So there is still a large skill ceiling but many cars (especially single seaters) might be more approachable to more people.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. miata_fanboy

miata_fanboy Member

Are we able to change the spotter voice or language? It's a cool feature, but i feel like making it customizable is important to make it future proof.

14. McClutch

I think the reinstatement of the pit crew radio at that point would be more important then a multilingual spotter.

15. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Ah well, i think Adrenaline Pt2 should be reserved for Stadium Supertrucks and Mendig layouts. Drift and hillclimb fits prefectly for Pt3! :D

16. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Isn't that what everyone is moaning about online? That is isn't like AC? As if AC is some magic, perfect simulator. Which it clearly isn't. I won't go off topic any more than that, but there are so many contrasting opinions on this it's very difficult to say who is wrong and who is right. Maybe no-one.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you have summed up my feeling on this perfectly.

18. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Where to find this? Don't hear any spotter....

19. syphe

syphe New Member

The V8s for me are easy enough to get round the track when not pushing, but are perfectly challenging to drive fast. I have been driving them a lot, and managed to get 2:06 on Bathurst, consistently 2:07, but I'm admittedly not a particularly fast driver and this is me pushing as hard as I can

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Set it to always (authentic is for oval racing) and put Pit Radio volume in Soundmenu to 60.
    Spotter is only active during a race.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1